Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

+12
cin_20
wicked1
sherrylovesronnie
jersma
la.vie.boheme
grumps1
Allese
Terri77
bargain betty
sammylala
Deedee
Laura
16 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 2 Empty Re: MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by Deedee Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 am

Well, I went in for my monthly weigh-in and measurements. And do I have some happy happy happy news!! It's not so much how much I lost in pounds, because it was only 11 pounds and I have so much more to go...but I lost inches, all over. I lost 4 inches around my waist, and 7 inches around my thighs (3.5 each). I lost inches all over and that was a real great achievement for me. It sure is giving me incentive to get my butt over there and work out!! Of the 11 pounds I lost 10.71 was total body fat! So here's to another good month at Curves!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 2 Empty Re: MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by Laura Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:23 am

WOW CONGRATS!!!! I WISH I HAD GOOD NEWS..... I LOST 5 LBS AND THEN I WEIGHED AGAIN YESTERDAY AND NOW ITS ONLY 3.............GEEZ WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!! MAYBE IM GETTING MUSCLE FROM EXCERCISING? THEN I WILL LOSE.......ANYWAY, CONGRATS AGAIN DEEDEE!!!!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 am

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 2 0025-0802-2321-5159_clip_art_graphic_of_a_green_usd_dollar_sign_cartoon_character_speed_walking_or_jogging
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:37 am

Dr. Chaing

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on
exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speed up heart not make
live longer; that like say you can extend life of car by driving
faster. Want live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does cow eat? Hay and corn.
What are these? Vegetables. So, steak nothing more than efficient mechanism of
delivering vegetables to system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also
good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop
can give 100% recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: If you have body and you have fat, ratio is one to one.
If you have two bodies, ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exerciseprogram?

A: Cannot think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING!!! ....
Foods fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetables be bad
for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only
do sit-ups if want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: You crazy? HELLO… Cocoa beans! Vegetable!!! Cocoa beans best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for figure explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets
AND..... For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health.
It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies:
1. The Japanese eat very little fat And suffer fewer heart attack than Americans.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat And suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.
3. The Germans d eat lots of sausages and fats And suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION:
Eat what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you. ...........
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:27 am

i lost the work bet!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooo
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:34 am

sad
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 am

Okay, I am going to tell you guys something about me that will prolly shake your confidence in mankind altogether. One time a long time ago me and this other gal who was my room mate both went on a diet at the same time. She was already way skinny, but you know how skinny people are.....anyway, she just kept losing weight and losing weight and I was struggling to lose one or two pounds. Well, I started making cookies for her. Only I told her I made them with Splenda. She would eat the entire 2 dozen cookies herself because she thought they were healthy for her. I would always say, "no thanks I ate some of the batter" or what ever I had to say to get out of eating them. Well, I didn't make them out of Splenda, I was just being a b***h.

But it really didn't matter ... she stayed skinny anyway, and I still had to struggle for my one or two pounds!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sammylala Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:50 am

Hello!!! I'm here Laura! I always use this site also, http://www.thedailyplate.com/, you can type just about anything in including restaurant foods and it will come up with all of the nutritional information for you. I also have been doing weight watchers for about 7 months, although the first 3 months I wasn't exactly faithful... so far I have lost 41 lbs though. I also started a running program which led to me losing the most weight which you can just google C25K and the program will come up with a 9 week plan. Its hard, but worth it if you stay faithful!

sammylala
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by sammylala Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 am

also...this may give you gas... but eat your veggies and fruit at least 5 servings a day and a serving is about 1/2 a cup ..It will make you feel great!bounce

sammylala
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:52 am

deedee you are evil!
sam thx! i will need to do this if i plan on losing more than 4 lbs!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:53 am

and isnt salad considered 2 servings??? i thought i heard that somewhere...
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:53 am

Hey, do you want some cookies? Twisted Evil
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sammylala Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 am

You will!! Have more faith in yourself! Remember..I was working out 2 times a day for at least a month and didn't lose more than 5 lbs, so it definitely takes time. Unfortunately. This is why most people don't last very long on the whole dieting idea!! good luck Salad or lettuce you count a serving per cup because it doesn't actually have as many nutrients as other veggies... I have diet cookies thank you! haha. As well as TONS more weight to lose.. ALSO!! Google, Diet Soda cupcakes or cake...good recipe and low fat!! Then you can make icing out of a fat free cool whip (tub of it) and sugar free jell-o pudding (whichever flavor you want) Smile

sammylala
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by sammylala Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:02 am

Oh! Recipes of of hungry-girl.com have tons of comparisons to other recipes and all the ones I have tried have been fabulous. Low in calorie and fat!

sammylala
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:15 am

THX SAM!!!! THIS TIME I WILL MAKE THOSE DIET SODA RECIPES!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by bargain betty Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:47 am

yum those cupcakes sound really good! thank you
bargain betty
bargain betty
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:51 am

I was going to the gym three times a week, but in the last two weeks I have gone only once. So much going on in my life right now. The thing is the gym is the first thing that gets pushed to the back burner. But I know it does me so much good. I mean I feel good after I go. So I need to work on some sort of incentive that will get me back to going three times a week (or more). Like the saying I read, "I know I would be unstoppable...if I could only get started!"
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sammylala Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm

I completely understand DeeDee! I don't exercise as much, but I make sure I eat right (which I have a program through weight watchers). Try to put exercise in front of something, whether it be dusting, vaccuuming or the dishes. Exercise only takes 20 minutes of a high heart rate. Good Luck!

sammylala
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:08 pm

My gym is doing a 6 week challenge to see who can be the Biggest Loser. I signed up for it. I have to commit to going three times a week and getting weighed each week. I think that this will motivate me to get going on a regular basis. So far so good this week anyway, of course this is the first week. I jsut don't want to be disqualified. they haven't posted what the prizes will be, but hey, give me a t-shirt and I'll be happy!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Terri77 Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm

To all who is trying to lose the weight.i am behind you 100%.You have my support.I need to loose a good 60lbs(just turned 50),but no desire yet.If i could lay off my d*** beer i would be ok!!..lol!! But good luck Laura and DeeDee. good luck ..and DeeDee,im sorry for the lost of your husband.It had to be hell at such an young age.
Terri77
Terri77
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:22 pm

thank you terri!!!! you know where to come if you get the desire lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Allese Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Go Mom, GO!!
Allese
Allese
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by grumps1 Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:24 am

cool recipe for the cupcakes, ill have my wife on that in no time..... Twisted Evil
grumps1
grumps1
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Terri77 Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am

stopping by to give everyone my support... bounce do this 100 times per day!!
Terri77
Terri77
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am

I already do!!! bounce
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next