Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!!

+2
Laura
ldl511
6 posters

Go down

Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!! Empty Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!!

Post by ldl511 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 am

This topic is for all those who have ever tried to quit or are trying to quit. You can post here all of your experiences and encourage others on their journey to a smoke free life.
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!! Empty Re: Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!!

Post by Laura Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:01 pm

great idea!!!!!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!! Empty Re: Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!!

Post by Deedee Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Laura wrote:great idea!!!!!!!

Laura's Back! bounce
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:14 pm

She wrote that on July 30th.......you had me all excited!!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by fool4mygreys Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:14 am

I quit smoking January 1, 2008 after smoking for appx. 33 years (I started the summer between 5th & 6th grade). I quit because the state of Texas was implementing a $1.00 per pack increase in the tax.

The first year I worked for a company that paid weekly so I had the money for a carton of cigarettes direct deposited into my savings account. I saved enough money that my husband and I went on a cruise!

I now unemployed and stressed out! Plus I have gained weight, I think about smoking again but now I really can no afford to smoke! Now if I could only lose the weight I gained Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!! 412618 .

It was hard but well worth it!

The other Laura

fool4mygreys
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:50 am

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH WELCOME THE OTHER LAURA!!! Smile

CONGRATS ON QUITTING AND Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!! 936858 THAT YOU STAY SMOKE FREE.

I know it is probably very hard right now not having a job but stay strong and remember you are doing a great thing!

As for the weight loss.....im with you there and so are a few others in here! Check out the morale support for weight loss Smile
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:07 pm

welcome to the other laura! lol i know the stress you are feeling - i have been unemployed for over a year now and am single. i too am trying to loose weight - gained a bunch while sitting at home.
good luck on staying smoke free - i know it is tough, but change your daily habits around and stay busy to keep your mind off smoking and to relieve the stress. we are all here for you so vent away when needed.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by fool4mygreys Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks for the encourgagement!

Can you believe I have gained 75 pounds! Morale for the Smoker Who is trying to Quit!!!! 889413 I have been out of work for 14 months; I am now in grad. school online which keeps me on my BIG FAT BUTT even more!

I started walking at the beginning of the year but then when the bad weather hit, I stopped. I just can not seem to get myself motivated.

Laura

fool4mygreys
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Smile i was telling jersma just last month i gained 5 lbs errrrr!

jersma, cin20 are on the atkins and my husband and i are starting on monday! they can tell you better than i it works and they have already lost a lot of weight!!!!

it really isnt expensive either, basically its everyday food and if you want to get the shakes or snack bars.

i know what you mean about sitting on your butt all day sad although i am not unemployed my job is basically guarding a chair all day lol lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by #1mimi Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Oh boy can I relate to the gaining weight thing. It's almost like I traded cigarettes for food! I've been quit smoking almost a year in May. I'm saving money on the carton a week I was buying, I can breathe a lot better, but the weight gain is kinda depressing. I also have thought about starting back smoking(cuz I still want one) but I think about how far I've come, I figure I can lose the weight(not as as when I was younger) but I can't get new lungs. I just can't figure out if I should do Atkins or Weight Watchers. Anywhoo, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you continue stay smoke free!!!!
#1mimi
#1mimi
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:27 pm

mimi you should check out the morale support for losing weight! a bunch of us have been doing the atkins. one of my friends does weight watchers and she like that one too.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down