Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

+12
cin_20
wicked1
sherrylovesronnie
jersma
la.vie.boheme
grumps1
Allese
Terri77
bargain betty
sammylala
Deedee
Laura
16 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! Empty MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by Laura Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:48 pm

ANYONE WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT NEEDING SUPPORT COME HERE AND TALK WITH PEOPLE TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING!

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! Measuring_tape_lg

Last edited by Laura on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! Empty Re: MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by Deedee Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 pm

Count me IN!!

A couple months ago I slept wrong on my neck and ended up with a pinched nerve in my neck. I have degenerative disk disease so I knew it was just a matter of time before it really started bothering me. Well, I ended up in the emergency room. Then a couple weeks later it still hadn't gone away and I did NOT want anymore pain pills so I asked the doctor to give me a referral to a Physical Therapist.
Well, when I started going to the PT I realized that I am EXTREMELY out of shape and the exercises they had me doing got me motivated to do more. I figured if I could go to PT 2 times a week, I could join a gym. So I asked my Physical Therapist to give me her blessing, and off I went.
Fortunately for me I live a block away from a Curves gym. So May 1st was the day I started taking this weight loss thing seriously. I have to.

See, when my husband died a little piece of me died, too. And to get through my grief I ATE! Well, he died 9 years ago in May. And I have gained 100 pounds in that nine years.
It is time to take it off! I want to live long enough to see my grandchildren's children. And I have an uncle who died of heart disease when he was younger than I am right now ( I am 43). That is scary stuff!

So since May 1st I have lost 7 pounds. But I am determined to get down to a healthy weight. And not a real FAST weight loss either, because that is as unhealthy as being overweight.

That's my story!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 pm

WELL, here is my reason.........

my parents, fiance and I are challenging each other! which ever couple can lose the most weight by thanksgiving wins $200!

We started 2 days ago and so far no weight loss Smile but we are starting to eat healthier and work out on our treadmill,ab lounger, bike and walking. I would like to lose about 30 or so pounds....back to the weight of when my fiance and I first started dating!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Cool! That's a neat idea.

I have been eating a lot healthier too. I had a bunch of Kashi coupons and took advantage of that fact. But Kashi is a little spendy to be buying without a coupon. So I have been stocking up on beans and fish and other healthy foods.

My new motto..."if it tasted good - SPIT IT OUT!" LOL!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:44 am

LOL THAT'S SO TRUE!

WILL POWER IS MY PROBLEM......I HAVE NONE.

WE HAVE BEEN EATING RAISINS A LOT ALSO BECAUSE WE READ THEY FILL YOU UP AND SPEEDS UP YOUR METABOLISM WHILE FIGHTING CANCER AND CAVITIES
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:52 pm

I have been reading up on so much about nutrition. I will be 44 in September and I think I am going through a mid-life crisis because now everything I do I have to think about the health benefits of it....this is a heck of a change from the days when I would say "I'll try anything, once."

Tonight I made some really good black beans. I just stuck them in the crockpot with a chopped up onion and some garlic powder....oh my goodness, I had forgotten just how good beans could be. And cooking them in the crockpot helps keep the heat down in my kitchen.

My gym is closed on Sundays and is only open a couple hours on Saturday, so I take the weekends off. It makes for a good rhythm to get into.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:59 am

ya, i have a hectic schedule so my fiance and i will go on walks and do some excercises on sunday and monday, days off. sometimes at work i can do a stair stepper...BUT i rarely do! i need to get a burst of will power.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:30 am

well, just got back a little while ago from a 45 min bike ride and a mini...mini walk. lol afraid my butt is sore.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am

My friend LDL gave me a bread machine. I tell you what there is nothing better than baking your own bread. You know EXACTLY what goes into it, and that way you KNOW it is healthy. Last time I was at the store I picked up some whole grain cereal, you know, the kind you get in the bulk food section...it was oats and barley and all kinds of good stuff. And I got bread flour for 42 cents a pound. Plus yeast from the same bulk food section...I spent mere cents on the dollar what i would have spent buying brand name stuff.

This recipe I used was just a hit and miss thing I concocted. I know from making bread in the past that all you really need to make bread is flour, liquid, and yeast. SO I mixed the grains about 2 parts flour to one part whole grains, I added a cup of warm water to the yeast (and a teaspoon of sugar to get it going). And I added an egg for flavor.

I tell you what...that was some yummy bread. I served it drizzled with balsamic vinegar and topped with ground flax seed. Yum Yum!! I think I'll have another slice for breakfast!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

And off to the gym I go...woot
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:57 pm

yum a bread machine!!!!!! my mom makes homemade bread all the time, same as my g-ma. we love it and yes its healthy!!!!
well, i know have a bet going with people from work for who can lose the most weight by the end of july soooo we will see!!! so far the pot is at $80!!!
just got back from my walk to burn my easy earned calories lol ... it is hotter than heck out there!!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:56 pm

on another site...i can't remember where I saw it, but this lady says that you can send her how ever much money you want to "gamble" on your weight loss. You agree that at the end of a pre-determined amount of time if you haven't lost the weight that you said you were going to she will send the money you sent her to your worst enemy. Its all set up in advance. So like you could say, "I am going to lose 30 pounds in six months, and I am willing to bet $50 on it." And then if you don't then she will send that $50 to your ex, or someone you have already set up as getting it. But it should be someone absolutely terrible to you to be getting your money.

Now there is some incentive to take it off. Oh yeah, if you DO lose the weight she will send the money back to you.... yeah, whatever!

It was some magazine columnist, so i think it was all a joke, but it was a cute idea anyway.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 pm

CRAZY! BUT HOW WOULD SHE KNOW IF YOU SENT IT TO YOUR ENEMY OR YOUR MOM!!! LOL
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:09 pm

no no no....SHEEEE sent it to your enemy....oh, wait, I see what you are saying...you are saying you could tell them that your mom was your enemy so she'd send the money to her...but see, that is what makes it work, is YOU have to be afraid of losing it...otherwise it wouldn't be any incentive. So you'd just be defeating your own purposes.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:23 pm

I SEE.... INTERESTING.... I WONDER IF SHE BANKS ON YOU LOSING AND NEVER SENDING THE MONEY TO YOUR ENEMY. HOW WOULD YOU KNOW YOUR NOT GONNA ASK YOUR ENEMY !!!!!!!!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:20 pm

hmmm....well, i think it was all a joke anyway....but it was a cute thought.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 am

WELL, I HAVE LOST.............. 5 LBS! NOT A LOT BUT HEY IM GOOD WITH IT. WE HAVE STARTED THE CHALLENGE AT WORK AND THE WINNER WILL GET A POT OF $100 (MORE PEOPLE JOINED)SOOOOOOOOOOOOO WISH ME LUCK
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:29 am

How many people? Is it the "biggest loser" who gets the pot? Good luck! Oh yeah and take some "before" pictures. You know the kind that look like you are posing for "before" pictures.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:58 am

IT IS 10 OF US SIGNED UP AND YA WHOEVER LOSES THE MOST GETS IT. I DID TAKE BEFORE PICTURES AND............ALL I CAN SAY IS NOT PRETTY! IM DEEPLY DEPRESSED BECAUSE TRY DOING THAT. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED, YOU SEE YOURSELF IN YYOUR MIND AS ONE THING AND THE PICTURE.......SHOWS SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!! I HAVE IT POSTED ON THE FRIG WITH COMMENTS ON IT ABOUT WHAT I DONT LIKE ABOUT MY BODY AND WHAT I NEED TO CHANGE!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:16 am

every since I joined Curves I have been doing a webcam shot of myself once a week. Not much difference right now...its only been two months. But I imagine it will be changing soon. I just stand in front of the camera and say the date that it is. I got the idea because that one biggest loser gal...jeez I can't remember her name right now, she was the first woman to win it. Anyway there is a film clip that shows her week by week losing the weight. I somehow had high hopes that my own weight loss would be so dramatic, but alas I have only lost 10 pounds in two months. And I actually keep bouncing back and forth between 8-10 pounds. I need to be more consistant with my gym attendance!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 am

THAT SOUNDS LIKE ME. I KEEP FLUCUATING BTWN 3-5 LBS. sad BUT WHATEVER AT LEAST IM TRYING RIGHT!
I JUST BOUGHT THIS BOOK FROM CALORIEKING.COM AND I FOUND IT FOR ONLY$8 AND IT TELLS YOU THE CALORIE,FAT AND CARB INTAKE OF ALMOST ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF INCLUDING FAST FOODS AND INTERNATIONAL FOODS. THAT WAY YOU CAN BE CONSCIOUS OF THE CHOICES YOU MAKE. IM ALSO LOOKING INTO THE WEIGHTWATCHERS POINTS SYSTEM WITHOUT JOINING ONLINE. WE WILL SEE HOW THAT GOES.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:38 am

this is a really good site for looking up foods. If you make a profile you can actually keep a food log and it will chart your weight loss and you can chart your exercise. All sorts of things. I am not too impressed with the forums. But the food log alone is awesome.
http://caloriecount.about.com/
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:53 am

ya, i agree. i wasnt to impressed with their forums or design of the site. i signed up and dont even go there. i am more of a mental logger. Smile i keep it in my head and KNOW that i am doing wrong when i start my eating and the calories, etc are high. that book is a pocket book you can carry in your purse and if you go out with your family to dinner you know what you are eating and dont have to order off the diet menu. its great.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:43 pm

what i like about the calorie count site is that it breaks it down for you. It does the pie chart thingy telling you how much protein you've had in a day and so on. something to take with you, though to restaraunts would be nice, especially since they really don't advertise that there are some hamburgers out there that have a full days calorie intake in just the one burger (then add fries and you're like totally wasted!)

I joined calorie count over a year ago and then completely forgot about it. Now that I am trying to be serious again I like the food log part of it. Plus it has this thing where it tells you how much of your total calorie intake you have already had. Then I log in what my weight is each week and it graphs it and tells me how long it will take going at the rate I am going to get to my goal weight.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:57 pm

ya its pretty gross to see that calorie filled burger in the book! in california they are now making the food chains post calories , etc on the menus and are banning cafeterias from serving fries, etc.....effective jan 2011 or 2010 i cant remember but i think that is a great idea.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next