Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

+12
cin_20
wicked1
sherrylovesronnie
jersma
la.vie.boheme
grumps1
Allese
Terri77
bargain betty
sammylala
Deedee
Laura
16 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 5 Empty Re: MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by wicked1 Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:42 pm

OUCH!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 5 Empty Re: MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by jersma Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:08 pm

i have lost 6 pounds in one week on the atkins diet. i am doing the 2 week 20 or less carbs deal. i almost make the 20 carb count, but i wont give up my milk! lol you really can eat good stuff and not go hungry, but i sure am missing my bread, pasta and cereals. i figure i would try and stay on this for 4 weeks and then go to their next stage, by then i should be able to walk a lot more than i am now. but the 6# loss sure helps motivate me.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:26 am

That's great, Jersma! I did Adkins diet many, many years ago, and lost about 25 lbs. You won't go hungry, that's for sure. I missed my veggies, though.
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:08 am

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am at a stand still.
that is awesome jersma!!!!!!
hmmmm do you have a link of what you are doing and i can read up on it?
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:05 pm

I am just using the atkins info that was sent with the 3 free atkins bars.
you can get more info from www.atkins.com they have way os planning recipes and stuff.
wicked, you can have certain veggies but the fruits are a no no.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:29 pm

man i havent gotten those yet...i love fruit though.. errr maybe i will try it.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 pm

I did see that in the booklet. Years ago, the diet was mostly made up of fat sounding stuff, because there are no carbs. I would eat maybe 20 carbs a day. Other than that, it was meat, cheese, butter, oil, mayonnaise, etc.
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:11 pm

I to am on the Atkins Diet too! I have lost 10 lbs since Jan. 4. This is my second go around with Atkins. About 6 years ago I lost 60 lbs on it, and kept it off for a long time, had no trouble. When my husband passed away I stopped that life style well and gained it all back!!! It is the easiest diet and life style I have ever found because you can after losing the weight be relaxed and then just go right back on. I would weigh everyday and if that scale started going up, I would just start back on the Phase 1 for a few days and lose it. I am so happy that I finally made myself get back on it because I already feel so much better! Can't wait to lose the other 50 lbs!
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 pm

good for you cin! but how do you stop the craving for pasta and breads???
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 am

oh my gosh ladies!!!! i am so proud of you guys! maybe i need to just tough out the fruit thing!

im curious how you stay away from the breads too. AND what about chocolate???its a weakness....
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:46 am

As far as bread and pasta, well you just do it! After I lost the weight, I would allow myself to eat a roll here and there and eat spaghetti or something pasta some. It is okay when you lose all your weight to add some carbs back, you just watch the scale and like I said you just go back on the phase 1 if you ever start gaining. As far as chocolate, you don't do without! After phase 1 there are chocolate atkins bars, chocolate drinks (can even have these on phase 1). I like the Dark Choc. ones. Also they make Low carb candy, Russel Stover's is good! But if you can't find it you can get the sugar free kind. If you read the nutrition on it you take the carbs and minus the sugar alcohol and fiber from the carbs and that gets you the net carbs which is what you count. Hope you understand that. Sugar free popsicles are good too, sugar free gelatin with whip cream. Some ppl are more sensitive to eating these kinds of foods and will not lose weight so if you do not lose weight while eating them then cut back on what you are eating and you should see a loss. I hope this helps some. If you have anymore questions just ask. I also want to say that I lost the weight before and never exercised the first time. Of course once I started losing weight I felt better and was more active. Hoping for the same result! I remember that I started in May and I had lost my weight by October. But I lost the majority by August, the last 10 to 15 is the hardest!
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:38 am

WOW! THAT IS SO AWESOME! I FOUND THE PHASES ON ATKINS.COM SO PERHAPS I WILL DO THIS. WEIRD NO FRUIT IS ALLOWED....

YA LOL WITH THE CHOCOLATE BARS I WILL DEFINATELY HAVE TO LIMIT MYSELF. UGH BEAUTY IS PAIN! Smile THX!!!!

I WILL PROBABLY BE BUGGING YOU AND JERSMA BOTH TOO. I CAN NEVER FIGURE OUT WHAT IS "GOOD" FOR YOU, EVEN IF I LOOK AT THE CARBS,SUGARS,ETC THEY ARE ALL JUST NUMBERS TO ME. sad
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 am

lol @ laura - it is easy.... if you really like it - forget it! you cant have it! lol now put away all those pizzas and healthy choice dinners for a while.
i will say that i am eating more veggies than i ever have - lettuce, red bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini and you dont have to give up cheese- you just have to make sure you portion it. 1 oz of cheese is a lot. i had a hamburger last night... no bun - just lettuce wrapped around the burger (bring out the george foreman grill) with cheese, mustard and pickles.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 am

oh yeah - the choc. caramel nut atkins bars are like snickers bars. they are very good and only 2 carbs. great for that after noon snack or dessert. i also bought 24 indiv. cups of sugar free jello at walmart (some off brand) and only paid 2 dollars and change.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:26 am

OH GREAT! welllllll those pizzas are easy to give up BUT the healthy choice will be hard since i live for them when im at work. Otherwise they would be a cinch!

And you know, im not so picky about food as much as the hubby. If he doesnt like it i would rather cook something else than make 2 meals. SOOOOOOOOO i have begged and pleaded for him to do this with me and tough it out, hopefully he says yes! Smile

i may make those pizzas they have on atkins under phase 1! they look and sound easy for work.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:24 pm

That is the hardest thing is having family members that don't want to diet too! My husband was great! I told my family, had 2 kids at home at the time but they were grown (old enough to take care of themselves) that I had cooked for all of them all their lives and now it was my turn! If they didn't want what I was having then they fixed there own, because I was not about to cook mashed potatoes when I couldn't have them. (Cause I love them). They were all in agreement and it worked out great. Eating out is easy, just about all the restaurants have something you can eat. Even McDonalds, you can get Double cheeseburgers and just take off the bun! Steak and salad, Chili's is good for their Chicken Mushroom Fajitas! Never eat Light or low fat dressing, they have more Carbs. The regular is the kind to use-Ranch or Oil and Vinegar are the best. Bell Peppers dipped in Ranch dressing make a great snack. Surely Hubby likes Steak and Salad, Eggs and Bacon and Sausage, Pork Chops and Salad, throw in some green beans, or broccoli and cheese. The list goes on! Just leave out the bread and starchy vegetables.
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:30 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! question... what about that ranch or vinegar dressing that is the 1 or 2 calories per spray? i have those ones.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 pm

I don't know about that, check the nutrition box and see how many carbs are on it. Make sure it does not have much sugar too. Sugar is an enemy! Sugar alcohol is okay! You minus any sugar alcohol, and fiber from the carbs to get the net carbs which is what you count. If these spray things are just regular dressing only in spray form I assume they would be the same. But you need to learn to check the nutrition boxes on everything!
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:42 pm

i like lemon juice on my salads and even sprinkle the juice on my zucchini before i steam it. fyi- ziploc has some cool steamer bags - i got them really cheap at big lots. for my vegies, i will rinse the bag out and re use them a couple of times.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:48 pm

hmm see that is it. i will need to look up and see what is good amounts of sugar and what is considered too much. it could say 10g of sugar and i wouldnt know if thats good or bad. errr

lemon juice on the zucchini sounds yummy! ill have to try it! my grandma gave me a veggie steamer for my bday last year so perhaps i should now use it. im bad....i know.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:04 pm

the hardest part for me is cooking! i am used to nuking something and in 5-10 minutes i can eat. so, i spend the time on one day and portion out the veggies, cheese, meat etc into little bags. that way i can just grab something and and ready to eat in no time. now that the rain has stopped, i can use the gas grill more.
you can make a taco salad (no chips though!) 1 oz cheddar cheese finely shredded, 1 tomato, 1/2 cup lettuce, ground turkey or hamburger cooked with a little hot sauce and you only have a couple of carbs!

i bought a 1 pound chunk of cheese and cut it into 16 pieces that way i always have the 1 oz portion ready. i am learning all kinds of new ways to eat healthy. bout time confused?
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm

10g is bad!!!! 1g is okay! but you have to consider what else you have ate that day in order not to have too much. You just get use to it, and soon you don't even look, you just know what you can and can not have.
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm

I had the taco salad for supper last night!!! Good!!! I add a little sour cream to mine.
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:10 pm

down 8 pounds! yippeeee!
i went to the grocery store today and stayed out of the bread, chips & cereal aisles. then while at the check out... they put out some of that fresh baked french bread by the registers. Mad i thought i would die right there! Cutting back on the carbs has really helped and i am trying to get back on the treadmill but my ankle gets really sore after only 10 minutes and it swells up. so just trying to do the ab lounger and water bottle weight lifting.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

dont push yourself jersma with the treadmill!
good for you on weight loss! i need to weigh in...
hubby agreed to do the atkins with me sooo on my days off i am going to do a little shopping and reading.
dont you hate though when you start a diet and for example you cant have bread and you just bought some last week and its not even half gone!!!!!!??!!!!!!errrrrrrrrrrr
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next