Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

+12
cin_20
wicked1
sherrylovesronnie
jersma
la.vie.boheme
grumps1
Allese
Terri77
bargain betty
sammylala
Deedee
Laura
16 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 Empty Re: MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by cin_20 Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 pm

I am down 3 more pounds this week!!!! MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 561787
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 Empty Re: MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS!

Post by jersma Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

hoolah good going cin!!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:10 pm

i was reading it say to be sure to take your daily supplement, are you guys doing this??
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 pm

you betcha! i am taking the vitacraves and a calcium tablet. in fact i just bought a new bottle of vitacraves at kmart today. 8.99 (versus the 13.99 at the grocery store) and i used my $2 coupon.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:39 am

alright.....im confused. i went to go get the atkins bars and i was gonna get the all phases ones but then i looked at the carbs and it was like 17-19g of carbs. how does that work if you can only have 12-15 carbs net a day????
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

it is net carbs! the atkins bars are 2-4 net carbs. you take the carbs - minus the sugar and fiber. the front of the box will show you the net carbs for the item. the peanut ones are higher. i tried the s'mores ones (4 net carbs) and it was yummy! you want to start at 20 carbs a day and then gradually up the count until you stop losing weight, that is when you figure out what you carb count should be to continue to loos weight. i am down 14 pounds as of sunday and am gradually adding more carbs - i think i am around 30-35 and still losing weight.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 am

omg how confusing! i told you i wasnt good with nutrition! so you do this minusing with everything? for instance, i have weight watchers twinkie things....the carbs are15g, dietary fiber is 3g and sugar is 7g. so the net carbs would be 5g???
i thought net carbs meant you could only have 12-15g TOTAL each day duh
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 am

oh and congrats!!!!!!!!!! i am back down 5lbs and we FINALLY start atkins on monday. BTW if you are getting the bars or drinks rite aid has a sale 2 for $10 and walmart next week is having a sale 1 SIX pack drink for $6!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 am

laura, use the carb counter book you got with the atkins bars - that makes it really easy. i also got a cheat sheet in the last box of bars that i bought that shows you the foods you can start adding in the next levels. you really need to write down everything you eat and drink and count the carbs. you should start this now so you can see where you are starting at and what happens when you limit the carbs. just know for the 1st couple of weeks you CAN NOT have milk, bread, potatoes, beans, pasta or rice. Protein in the form of beef, chicken, pork or fish (check the carb book) and some veggies and some cheeses will make up your diet.
once you do this for a week it really does get easier. just make sure to measure the portions and like i had said earlier, make up a few days of portions and it goes a lot smoother. i buy meat in bulk and portion it out in freezer bags to make it easier also.

i have been getting the bars and shakes at sams club, but their variety is limited - i have gotten a couple boxes at walmart ($4.12 ea) of the mounds candy bar kind and the cranberry breakfast bars. my favorite snack right now is sugar free jello lol ZERO net carbs
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by krista Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

i have been trying to cut back on everything i have been eatting... i am not big to began with but i still feel like i havent lost all my baby belly... it is weird because i lost 25 lbs when prego ( i was sick all the time) but to me it seems like alot of it was muscle because i was always right in bed... i do the carmen electra strip tease lol and then i do the biggest loser work out and so far it is going great! since x-mas i am down 11lbs so i hope it keeps coming off and doesnt come to a stand still like in the past... i talked to my hubby about getting my boobs reduced... because for my frame i think they are to big and plus the other day when i went to my hubbys dads b-day party alot of the guys were asking me if i breast feed...and after my hubby told me that they asked if i had implants and he said no so aguess they figured i had big boobs from breast feeding who knows... but i would like to be able to get smaller shirts but because of my boobs i have to wear a large... idk what to do... and plus with a little baby i dont think it is worth it at this time... i will be happy when summer comes so me and my son can get out walking Smile with the new england weather it is to cold to bring a little one out...
krista
krista
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 am

Laura- It is not the sugar you subtract, because sugar is something you should stay away from! It is sugar alcohol that you can subtract. This is in stuff that uses like sweet n low and oh I had a brain fart (the blue package one). Like with the Sugar Free Jello, if you look on the package it will say the carbs and then sugar alcohol, to get the net carbs you minus the carbs from the sugar alcohol. If something has 15 carbs and 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of sugar alcohol then your net carbs would be 5. If something has 15 carbs, 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of sugar, I WOULD NOT EAT IT!!!!! and not because of the carbs but because it has too much sugar!
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 am

UGH CONFUSING! SO HOW MUCH IS LOW SUGAR?
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:17 pm

I look for things that have 0 sugar, doesn't matter about sugar alcohol. But if something has 1 or 2 sugars it is okay if you don't have too much in one day!
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:27 pm

my dad has to keep his sugar intake at around 10 a day cuz of his diabetes. so if you look at some of the so called good for you cereals, you will that one serving has way more than that! it is crazy when you start to understand how much of anything you should have and really start to read the labels on packaged food. make it from scratch!! the less processed the better and allows you to control how much of whatever you take in.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:49 pm

thanks guys.....i am getting discouraged about monday but i will definately try my darndest to be good!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Laura - PUT DOWN THOSE HEALTHY CHOICE DINNERS! lol

here are some quick recipes
taco salad - lettuce, tomato, lean ground beef, cheddar cheese, home made salsa and a little sour cream
egg salad - boiled eggs, onions, dill pickles, mayo & mustard - serve on shredded lettuce
hamburger - use a lettuce leaf as a bun
chicken wraps - use lettuce as the wrap - shredded chicken, mayo and tomato

just remember, no beans, no rice, no pasta no potatoes, no cereal. use your carb book to get the measurements for the cheese - usually 1 oz per meal/serving. it is all about portion control. dont worry too much about going over 20 carbs a day at first - get to where you know what you are eating and lower the amounts each day until you get there and then weigh only once a week at the same time each time. it took about a week before i got to the 20 carbs a day, but because i had lowered the amounts to start with, i was loosing weight anyways. i get to add beans and nuts this coming week! oh boy!!! lol
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:12 pm

dont rub it in! you do know my husband is mexican and taking away beans and rice- which i have become accustomed to is mean!!! lol

those healthy choice i have slowly been giving up since deciding to take this diet on. i have one left for saturday night and GULP no more...... that hamburger one and chicken one sound good! i dont know about the egg one. the good thing is i love boiled, scrambled, poached,pickled eggs so thats good.

i bought a scale for my food but i dont think it was necessary lol

oh before i forget!!!! go to CVS if you have one and the vitacraves are on sale for $6.99 or rite aid $7.99!!! i got them at cvs and used the $2 off and paid on $4.99!! woohoo
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/

some info here and recipes too!

trust me - i know about mexican food - my all time favorite that and pasta. lol

you dont need a scale - just a 1/4 and 1/2 measuring cups and a bunch of baggies to put the stuff in.
oh yeah, steamed yellow squash and zucchini with salsa is a good side dish to a grilled steak!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:20 pm

i love squash and zucchini too so i think we will do alright on this. the only hard part is making our food since we both hardly see each other now and we are barely home.

thanks for the link! by the way did you see on atkins.com any of their recipes? YUM the pizza one...but i cant remember what phase its for- not induction i know that! MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 592831
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:34 pm

NO EXCUSES! LOL i know them all and already used them.
this is a lifestyle change. once you see the first 10 pounds come off, you really do become more motivated.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 pm

i hope so and YES i know...i tend to throw a bunch out when it comes to diets! lol MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 967701

were starting monday for sure- sat is a wedding and well...no good sense in starting that day.

i think once i lose the 10 or so like you said i will get motivated. we have a treadmill, ab lounger, weights, dvds etc so that is where we should excel once we are motivated. oh and it doesnt help that i may lose 10 but he does the same thing and loses 20!!! errr men!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Laura - how did it go today? i am going to my parents tomorry and we are going to dennys to use my free burger & fries coupon - my dad or mom will have that and i will get something a little more atkins friendly-but i am drooling over the fries now! lol
just take it one day at a time and slowly lower the carbs. you can do it!! MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 299706 MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 198282 MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 768151
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:42 am

THANKS FOR ASKING!

WE STARTED TODAY...WELL I GUESS NOW TECHNICALLY YESTERDAY WE STARTED. IT IS AMAZING AT HOW MUCH YOU DONT REALIZE THE JUNK YOU EAT UNTIL YOU RESTRICT YOURSELF LOL
I GOT TO WORK TONIGHT AND SAAW CUPCAKES AND WAS GOING TO GRAB ONE AND THOUGHT OH WAIT IM ON THE ATKINS NOW!!! LOL
OTHER THAN THAT WE HAD A GREAT DAY! WE HAD EGG OMELETS WITH BROCCOLI AND CHEESE. THEN LUNCH CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER. DINNER-LEFTOVERS!
SNACK WAS A ATKINS BAR AND OMG THE CARMEL CHOCOLATE TASTES SOOOOO GOOD!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 am

MORALE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS! - Page 6 198282 good going! it does get easier - really!

my fav snack are the ones that look like mounds candy bars. yummy!
also try the shakes at work - they will stop the hunger and are only 1-2 carbs each. also chewing sugar free gun helps stop the snacking.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 pm

ya we got the shakes and got them for $6 at walmart for 6 shakes instead of 4!

we are trying to use them sparingly since they are so expensive! lol

hubby went to help parents today so i had to tell my mom atkins atkins!!!!! lol

its kind of weird since i wake up in the afternoon so that is when my day starts.

the chicken we had last night was from atkins site- the rosemary chicken that you baked w/ veggies- i could eat that again! YUM

honestly this is not a hard diet, it is just the convenience that is hard, you know. no grabbin something on your way out... lol unlessx its olives!

i was starving this morning when i got off work. i told hubby we need to eat more at each meal because were only doing 3 meals and 2 snacks but not enough at dinner. we still have to weigh in and measure!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next