Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

eBay...

+4
Laura
sherrylovesronnie
Patty432
Deedee
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

eBay... - Page 3 Empty Re: eBay...

Post by Laura Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 pm

i could save them- which i still have a lot Smile but packing everything for the move, i really dont want to pack some stuff. you never know maybe you will find yourself getting some avon Wink
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:12 am

Im going to take some pics of my new barbies later today and will post them some time this afternoon.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Laura wrote:i could save them- which i still have a lot Smile but packing everything for the move, i really dont want to pack some stuff. you never know maybe you will find yourself getting some avon Wink
Yippee!!! face :cheers:
Oh, I got to get cracking on here posting my little heart out!! ❤
Not lotions though. Because I have to use fragrance free lotions. That's why I love body washes and Bars of soap. The smell doesn't linger. And I still feel clean and lady like.
Hey Laura do you remember all those lip glosses from Avon back in the 80's?? Like the Hamburger and the Fried Egg and stuff like that? Well, I bought some on ebay like 2 years ago because well, it's a long story but I was trying to actually find that strawberry that opened in half.
When I was a little girl like in elementary or so. This girl had one and I just had to have one, because I feel in love with it. Well, you know little kids don't have the money to buy stuff all we knew how to do was trade things with one another right? Well, anyhow I was so determined to get this strawberry that had different lipglosses on each side of the berry when you opened it. To me low and behold it was like wow!!! Something I just had to have. So I started to barter with the girl. I started to ask her if she could trade me the strawberry for something of mines she wanted. I would tell her of all sorts of stuff I had at my house in my room and we finally , after much, VERY much begging and pleading she finally gave in and traded the strawberry with me. OMG...for a child it was a big deal. I thought to myself. Wow, I have like the coolest thing ever!!!! Girl....you would never know what happened to me that day in school. .......lets' say that strawberry never made it to my house. I lost it in school that day and I can't tell you how much I cried my eyes out. sad LOL> But anyhow...years went by and by,,,and I would go to flea markets , yard sales, goodwills to seek out this strawberry I had once lost as a child to make things right in my world. Yeah, I know stupid to most people but hey....shoot...I needed closer with this thing, so I set out to find this strawberry from Avon. Okay. Then I moved here, and I met this lady who sold Avon and asked her about it and if she remembered this so called strawberry with the lipglosses in side on each side. She said she did but didn't think the company had it in stock since it was no longer a new or up to dated item.
But one day...someone told me about Ebay. And how it worked. And how you could find anything there. So I thought to myself ...yeah right...I had almost given up....when I started to look it up online Laura I found everything else there BUT the strawberry. So it started this big aw in me that I needed those too. Until one day I told all these people on Ebay that I was looking for this particular strawberry and that they would keep there eyes and ears open for it. Well, one day...in my private messages on there , this lady left me a message that she had one she bought from someone who had lots of stuff she kept over the years and was just getting rid of them and wanted to sell them on Ebay. OMG>>>when I went to look at the picture of this strawberry...THERE IT WAS!! I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL A DREAM!!! COULD IT BE??
I mean, I was asking myself for awhile there if in my childhood maybe it was all just a dream and this never happened and this strawberry never did exist. But after Actually seeing it online in a picture....OMG>>it all was true. It was that strawberry. I wanted it. I didn't care....I needed it. And I bought it and now it's mine at last...waiting for it to come in the mail was the hardest thing ever I had to wait for in the mail, needless to say. When the box came to me, I opened it carefully thinking OMG....I hope it is in good condition.
And it was!!!!! :cheers:
I started at that thing in my hand for hours just realizing that I made closer with something from my childhood's past. I know to some it might not be a big deal. But then again, when your a child things like that are. So I kept going online because since now my daughter heard about my story....THE STRAWBERRY STORY ...now she wanted one too. Plus she thought it was so cute a pretty. (Of couse we took out the old lipglosses and cleaned it out) So I began the hunt for another one. Surley I thought this is one thing hard to come by just cause I found one doesn't exactly mean I'll find another. But I did, and now she has one too!!! :cherry:
Not only do I have the strawberry, I have all the other that came out during that era.
Just thought I'd share this little story with you all. I know it may not be a big deal to some, and some might get it and understand it, but in any case it was my thing, and I don't care what people think. I found my childhood strawberry that never made it home.
But now after what seems like years, and years and years later. Now it's home. Wink
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:16 pm

how cute.... and yes ebay sells everything!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:07 pm

OMG!!!! Allese and I just read your whole Strawberry Story. After it was all done, Allese told me I need to find my Snow White Watch!!!

She is so right. And it is a story very similar to yours!

Thanks for sharing all that on here ISmile! You never cease to make my day!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:15 pm

ive never had a story like that! i want one!!!!! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:16 pm

ohhhh wait!!! i just thought of my rubberband gun.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh what happened to you oh rubberband gun???!!!!
mom and dad prolly stole it and threw it away after i kept poppin my sisters with it! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Deedee wrote:OMG!!!! Allese and I just read your whole Strawberry Story. After it was all done, Allese told me I need to find my Snow White Watch!!!

She is so right. And it is a story very similar to yours!

Thanks for sharing all that on here ISmile! You never cease to make my day!
Well, I'm a very sensitive and wear my heart on my sleeve kinda person. I have to be extra careful what to post. Because after all it's out there for the world to see when we post something anywhere. But I didn't see any harm in putting this piece of my life in here seeing as some others might have similar stores as mine or have something happen to them kinda like me. But I gotta tell ya, it does feel good finally putting a closer to things. It does the heart and soul good. It like a warm fuzzy sensation. Can't describe it.
And hey Deedee if you wanna find your Snow White Watch , well heck why not? I mean, all you might need for it would be a battery. You think? I mean, adults still wear Mickey Mouse watches and Tinkerbell, so why not Snow White!! I wear my Hello Kitty watch when my battery in it is working. I have to put a new battery in it. Till then I've been using my daughter's black one. Go figure, she hates wrist watches. She says that now but she will definately need it later on in life when she gets a job and stuff. Wink

Last edited by lsmile4freebies on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Laura wrote:ohhhh wait!!! i just thought of my rubberband gun.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh what happened to you oh rubberband gun???!!!!
mom and dad prolly stole it and threw it away after i kept poppin my sisters with it! lol
Oh, I know whatcha talking about!! Me , my daughter and husband went to Island of Adventures like 3 or 4 years ago and there, in one of the gift shops my husband found a rubberband gun. We still have it!LOL..you stretch a rubberband on it and then aim it, and then use the trigger and the band goes flying. It's a fun toy. They still sell them things. Cool
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Well, the watch was mine when I was six and lost it. Since then I have had a couple Mickey watches and a Minnie watch, but I know what you mean about closure. It would be nice to get a little Snow White watch to just HAVE, even if I never ever wear it (but believe me I WOULD). Obviously the whole watch incident still bothers me or I would not even remember it. So I think when I have a little extra cash I will definitely look for a replacement to my watch!

And by the way, I love the way that you wear your heart on your sleeve. It helps me so many times to get in touch with my own heart. Don't let anyone change you girl!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Deedee wrote:Well, the watch was mine when I was six and lost it. Since then I have had a couple Mickey watches and a Minnie watch, but I know what you mean about closure. It would be nice to get a little Snow White watch to just HAVE, even if I never ever wear it (but believe me I WOULD). Obviously the whole watch incident still bothers me or I would not even remember it. So I think when I have a little extra cash I will definitely look for a replacement to my watch!

And by the way, I love the way that you wear your heart on your sleeve. It helps me so many times to get in touch with my own heart. Don't let anyone change you girl!!!
Well, I'm glad your considering trying to find your Snow White watch. That would be amazing.
About wearing my heart on my sleeve ....well, it may not always be so good for me though. People tend to take advantage of that. So I try like heck not to let it show. I mean, not everyone in the world is nice you know what I mean? So I have to harden a little over the years for protection safety purposes. Sometimes it's not good . Expecially in the world we live in today. Wink But thank you for your kind words non the less.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Patty, i just some of the photos of your Barbies. I used to collect Barbies - I have them in their own room - the Barbie room. I only have a hundred or so and they are all new in the box. I have only gotten the holiday barbies the last couple of years.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Oh MY, we have another Barbie collector!!! Wow! Do you have any pictures???
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 pm

jersma wrote:Patty, i just some of the photos of your Barbies. I used to collect Barbies - I have them in their own room - the Barbie room. I only have a hundred or so and they are all new in the box. I have only gotten the holiday barbies the last couple of years.
Thats me too!! I have a barbie room started!!! My husband is building a new display case for me. I have way to many to count and no room in my current case. So now we have the room done, and the first case in. I cant wait until there is barbie from wall to wall, ceiling to floor!!!
And I would love to see pics of yours!!!
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:19 pm

So I finally counted today, and I have 206 Barbies.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:33 am

holy cow Wow!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:42 am

Deedee wrote:holy cow Wow!
I know!! I didnt think there was that many. I have most of them in boxes in a closet. I really should get rid of more. I just got rid of like 30 last month. I guess its time to clean house again.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:18 pm

So I have been so good and selling Barbies that I dont want anymore. I have sold 14 in the last 2 weeks. yay
So I decided to reward myself and I just bought another Barbie. Do you know its been over a month since my last Barbie purchase?!?! So I bought the Goddess of the Sun Barbie and I cant wait to get her!!!! Now if my husband would just hurry up with my new case. I have been having to arange them every time I get a new one. So I have 34 more Im going to try and sell over the next month. Hopefully!!!
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:00 pm

do you sell them on ebay, too?
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:25 pm

cool!!!!! are you signed up for paypal? it is soooo much nicer when you are.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 pm

I sell some on ebay, but the ones that I know wont sell, like the International ones, I sell them locally. The town I live in has a website like Craigslist, so I put those on there. At first I tried Craigslist, but no one here has heard of it at all. Crazy!!! It took me a while to figure out its because the other site is so well known around here, that its all they use. And yes I have paypal. I only use that to pay for the Barbies I buy. So when I do sell Barbies on ebay, its like YAY, I've got more money for Barbies I want.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:43 pm

lol do you know of cheapcyle.org or freecycle.org too??? same concept as craigslist.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:49 pm

No, Ive never heard of them. I will have to check them out. Are local one sucks, on Sunday, the whole site shuts down and its says......

Today is the official yard sale addict recovery day. It's the day when we all take time away from our computers to enjoy the sunshine, life, friends, church, and our family.
Life is too rich to spend today in front of the computer, so we're taking a rest. Come join us in the park on a walk, in the hospital visiting our friends, snuggling on the couch reading a story.
And don't worry, we'll be here tomorrow!

So stupid. Isnt that suppose to be one of the best days to sell stuff, when everyones off?!?!
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 pm

lol ya exactly!!!!!! the freecycle is everything free is listed on there. cheapcycle is everything people want to get rid of for a cheap price (like a virtual yard sale) i got on freecycle a ton of gallons of paint. some brand new some real ugly and a lot i will be using!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 pm

I saw you guys were talking about Mickey Mouse watches.. I still have one from when I was a little kid, but It is a Donald Duck watch. His arms move as the arms of the clock, and it has a blue watch band. You think that's worth something now?

By the way ISmile, love the strawberry story!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next