Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Thoughts please

+5
wicked1
Laura
Patty432
jersma
SVaughn21
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Thoughts please - Page 3 Empty Re: Thoughts please

Post by flameworker Wed May 19, 2010 11:24 am

Tell Angelica we are thinking of her and give her a big.. Thoughts please - Page 3 424950
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel Wed May 19, 2010 11:39 am

bouquet Both you girls are in my Thoughts and Prayers kiss
Litlbel
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Wed May 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Thoughts please - Page 3 59235 well wishes & prayers for you & Angelica
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Wed May 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Surgery went well. They attached the artery and vein rather than having to put in a graft (which gets infected more). I really liked her Dr. He talked to me as much as her and made a point to come find me after the surgery. It's been a very long day since she had dialysis this morning at 5:30 then the surgery. I've been up since 4:15 so I'm gonna pass out now. Find loads of freebies for me to sign up for in the morning. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. They are truly a blessing and are working. Thanks for being such great friends Smile You've helped me through this more than you will ever know.

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Wed May 19, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm so happy to hear everything went good!! Thoughts please - Page 3 198282 Sounds like a crazy long day. You get some sleep Thoughts please - Page 3 Sleep and we'll try and get you some freebies. Thoughts please - Page 3 967279
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Thu May 20, 2010 2:54 am

Glad and relieved to hear the surgery went well. Take care of yourself!! Send our best to Angelica, and tell her we're all right with her. Thanks for taking time to update. Thoughts please - Page 3 424950
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 7:45 am

Thanks for the update. So glad to hear things went well. Take care of you as well! Thoughts please - Page 3 59235

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 am

She is so stubborn. She went to work this morning even though she was hurting badly. She said that she had to go because we need to make rent (which I think we would have anyway). I will be glad when she gets medicare approved and I can start being paid for taking care of her.

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Thu May 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Thoughts please - Page 3 889413 She sounds like a tough cookie!
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Thu May 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Tough cookie, stubborn butt...same thing LOL Luckily the girls she works with take care of her cause they know they will have to answer to me if they don't. There is a young one (18 yrs old) who gets her water, snacks or whatever she needs. It's kinda cute, but I wish she would have taken the day to just rest.

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Well if I was her boss I would say "I'll pay you to go home!! I don't wanna see you til Monday!!" Thoughts please - Page 3 809394 That great that the girls help her out. They better!! Thoughts please - Page 3 96774 Thoughts please - Page 3 502925
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Thu May 20, 2010 6:53 pm

They paid her 56 hrs of sick leave when she was in the hospital and will most likely pay her for yesterday too since it was an operation, but she's used all her vacation pay so she felt obligated to go in. She said it wasn't bad and that everyone (including the guys in the back) helped her out. She works for a small company so they take care of each other.

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel Thu May 20, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks for the update sounds like she is doing really good... both you girls take care of yourselves flower
Litlbel
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 pm

You take care of yourself too Litlbel!! When is your son's graduation? Our nephew graduates next Friday then he and his older brother are going to Vegas...which is a scary thought LOL

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 am

I can't believe Angelica went back to work!! Wow! Hope she doesn't over do it. Hope you have a great weekend! Smile
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Here is the latest. Angelica talked to the disability people on Thursday and it didn't seem promising. They said if she makes over $1,000 a month (which she doesn't, but occasionally does because of them paying holiday pay) then she will be denied. Her name is on a house & truck with her ex so she's gotta get proof that her name is no longer on those things and THEN they will consider her. Gonna be a process. Unfortunately, she is more worn out because her fistula is infected. She is not complaining, but I can tell it hurts her. I'm being the good wifey and babying her. On a positive note, her son PASSED ALL his classes so he won't have to go to summer school!!!!! He owes us BIG time!

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Thanks for the Update.... I will keep my fingers crossed that the disability works out.. that stuff takes FOREVER Mad Congrats on the boys passing of classes... lol My son graduated i think it was the 19th he passed all 4 classes with a B in each one and he already started working he works at his Dads job but its full time monday thru friday he repairs computers he loves it and my other son passes 12 in his class he was a freshman.. SO proud of him...
I will keep you and the lil lady kiss in my thoughts keep in touch with us all and let us know what happens....
Litlbel
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Thoughts please - Page 3 831422 Those dern government loopholes. They say you have to make a certain amount to qualify but if you make too much then you get denied. It is nuts....it's too bad they can't just send someone over and say "hey, here you go, you need this". Thoughts please - Page 3 68990 I wish you both luck with that and with getting the names off those papers. Thoughts please - Page 3 831422 I went through a divorce and none of that stuff is simple. I wish you both much luck and congrats that her son passed his classes. That's awesome! Thoughts please - Page 3 198282
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Her case worker at the dialysis center said "did you tell them you quit your job?" She said no she hadn't. If she had, then maybe this would go a little faster, but then she'd probably get caught and get thrown in jail lol We are crossing our fingers that it works out because she really can't work like she did before. We are still waiting to hear how many hours I will be able to get paid. If it's 30 hours a week, then maybe she can go ahead and quit.

We are really proud of our son. I had to relearn algebra to help him with his missed assignments, but he pulled it from a 43 to a 75. I make him tell me thank you everyday LOL that was hard for me to learn...again.

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Thoughts please - Page 3 936858 that it all works out and I bet it was tough learning Algebra again. It was hard enough the first time....doing it all these years later might send me over the edge. Thoughts please - Page 3 719413 I do enough math at CVS on a good coupon/deals day Thoughts please - Page 3 719413 Now that's something they should teach the kids in school.....savings 101 Thoughts please - Page 3 191807

I bet it feels good knowing you helped and that's super awesome that he's grateful. Thoughts please - Page 3 198282 Thoughts please - Page 3 861733
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Congrats on your son's passing grades, and for you helping. Math was my worst subject ever! I couldn't have done it.

Just keep trying for the disability benefits. From what I understand, EVERYBODY is rejected the first time. Just keep at it. I know it's a pain, but don't give up.

I hope Angelica is feeling better. Don't let yourself get too worn down, either! Thoughts please - Page 3 974791
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KORFIZZLE Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:26 am

I'm a caseworker for the developmental disabilities program and the social security process can be difficult. I work with our local SSA to assist my clients to file claims or forward information to the state office if need be.The important tip I can offer, is make sure you list all physician's, and other professionals that were seen on the releases of information, and gather all documentation that you have pertaining to the disability you are applying for. Sometimes it can be a matter of not enough information for an issue of denial.
Also
If you are denied, continue to appeal. If you fail to appeal, then your claim starts all over again.
For example
lets say you applied 4/11/07 and were denied. and appealed, then if you were approved, then your payment date would be all the way back to the original date (4/11/07).
If you did not appeal, but the re-applied 4/11/08, then the payment date would be 4/11/08 if you were approved.
Anyways,
I hope everything works out for the best, and I hope your approved. Smile
KORFIZZLE
KORFIZZLE
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 am

Thank you for that advice! I filled out her paper with all the doctors names and I will see what I can do about getting copies (just so we know the information gets there). The problem is the release she signed was sent to the main office in Austin, TX so when she had the interview, the guy here was clueless. I hope that they get it all put in and it works out. Her ex is not really complying with what we are asking for. She has to call him several times to get what she wants which is a pain when we are on a time crunch.

She also had an interview with the transplant people. They want her to lose 50 pounds before they will even look at her. She has lost 30 pounds due to dialysis and knows she is overweight, but that really got her down. I'm trying to keep her spirits up. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Y'all are such great women & men (who lurk). Smile

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Good girl. Keep up the good work. We're all pulling for you and Angelica. Korfizzle has great advice! Positive thoughts bring positive actions.
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KORFIZZLE Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Thoughts please - Page 3 932747 Positive thoughts!!!! Smile
KORFIZZLE
KORFIZZLE
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down