Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!!

+5
flameworker
ldl511
Deedee
Laura
la.vie.boheme
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!!

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:01 pm

lsmile4freebies wrote:Okay. Deedee is right. I do go to a lot of events and get tons of freebies. We have the Spring Break at the beach once a year..and that lasts like 4 weeks. I can't even begin to tell you what all they give out!! It's more like what don't they give out.

Then we go to the Business Expo. Oh man!! What a blast!!! Free goodies galore. Not to mention the prizes for putting in your business card in each box at each booth..and yeah I've been winning something every year now for 3 consecutive years straight. Sometime more than one.

Then you have the Women's Health Expo at the mall. Man, this one I went to this year for the first time ever and I got some stuff that was awesome!! Going back every year now!

And of course I'm a member of a Red Hat Society group and when we get together once a month, we have games you win prizes and we have lots of fun with food and more games. Love it!!!! This month I'll be going to a Hawaiian Luau at one of the members house. We are going to have a hula hoop contest... hoolah And more games and prizes and food , food for everyone there, barbeque and healthy foods too. So, next month we are doing some crafts over at the co-queens house, and then in October they are renting the men's club to do our annual mystery dinner and Halloween party with a white elephant auction and all kinds of cool games.
Then in November we are having a Pilgram Picnic at an outdoor park in our local area.
Then in December we are having our annual Christmas party with gift exchanges and games and prizes too.
So I'm pretty much a happy person with friends and caring people who love to do fun stuff. I love freebies whereever I go. But good friends are hard to find. And that is the best freebie ever a person can have!!! hug

Aww that is cool, and so sweet and sentimental too :D
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!!

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:21 pm

la.vie.boheme wrote:
lsmile4freebies wrote:Okay. Deedee is right. I do go to a lot of events and get tons of freebies. We have the Spring Break at the beach once a year..and that lasts like 4 weeks. I can't even begin to tell you what all they give out!! It's more like what don't they give out.

Then we go to the Business Expo. Oh man!! What a blast!!! Free goodies galore. Not to mention the prizes for putting in your business card in each box at each booth..and yeah I've been winning something every year now for 3 consecutive years straight. Sometime more than one.

Then you have the Women's Health Expo at the mall. Man, this one I went to this year for the first time ever and I got some stuff that was awesome!! Going back every year now!

And of course I'm a member of a Red Hat Society group and when we get together once a month, we have games you win prizes and we have lots of fun with food and more games. Love it!!!! This month I'll be going to a Hawaiian Luau at one of the members house. We are going to have a hula hoop contest... hoolah And more games and prizes and food , food for everyone there, barbeque and healthy foods too. So, next month we are doing some crafts over at the co-queens house, and then in October they are renting the men's club to do our annual mystery dinner and Halloween party with a white elephant auction and all kinds of cool games.
Then in November we are having a Pilgram Picnic at an outdoor park in our local area.
Then in December we are having our annual Christmas party with gift exchanges and games and prizes too.
So I'm pretty much a happy person with friends and caring people who love to do fun stuff. I love freebies whereever I go. But good friends are hard to find. And that is the best freebie ever a person can have!!! hug

Thanks. Only problem with being sentimental is that evil ones try to take advantage of that. So I have to wear my thick suit sometimes too!!! For those not so nice moments in life. Ya know what I mean girl?? :hanging out:
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm

lsmile4freebies wrote:
la.vie.boheme wrote:

Thanks. Only problem with being sentimental is that evil ones try to take advantage of that. So I have to wear my thick suit sometimes too!!! For those not so nice moments in life. Ya know what I mean girl?? :hanging out:
I know exactly what you mean. You have to be like a chameleon depending on your surroundings, you adjust.
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm

bargain betty wrote:lol that cow is too cute! it looks like it needs a tutu! Smile

i dont remember getting any good freebies i didnt have to sign up for. sad
Oh, oh....I've got a good idea for a new smiley!!!! You just reminded me of a hippo in a tutu!!! I've seen them ...really cute with ballerina shoes!!!! dancing tomato
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:26 pm

lsmile4freebies wrote:
bargain betty wrote:lol that cow is too cute! it looks like it needs a tutu! Smile

Oh, oh....I've got a good idea for a new smiley!!!! You just reminded me of a hippo in a tutu!!! I've seen them ...really cute with ballerina shoes!!!! dancing tomato
Oh like on the movie Fantasia?
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:30 pm

la.vie.boheme wrote:
lsmile4freebies wrote:

Oh like on the movie Fantasia?
Yeah, Yeah!!! That's it....that is where I saw it!! thumbs up Now I remember. Thanks for hooking me up with those hippos!!! I knew I saw them somewhere!! And in different cartoons and stuff too. turtle
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Okay my brain must be working on overtime in the smiley department...I just thought of another smiley we need in here...one wiping there brow!! Like saying WHEW!!!!
Whatcha think peeps??? Ya know for those..moments you did alot of work with the yard, the kids. Your job, or working up a storm in the kitchen , or signing up for that special freebie was WHEW!!! HARD WORK!! moments...huh? Huh?? whatcha think??? post your comments so Laura can read them. Wink
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:39 pm

lsmile4freebies wrote:Okay my brain must be working on overtime in the smiley department...I just thought of another smiley we need in here...one wiping there brow!! Like saying WHEW!!!!
Whatcha think peeps??? Ya know for those..moments you did alot of work with the yard, the kids. Your job, or working up a storm in the kitchen , or signing up for that special freebie was WHEW!!! HARD WORK!! moments...huh? Huh?? whatcha think??? post your comments so Laura can read them. Wink

I like it. I think that's a great idea. *whew!*
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by ldl511 Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 pm

lsmile, I used to live in Vegas and there are a lot of conventions held there. I mean there is convention on top of convention. The only way to get into them though was to either have a pass or pay like $50-100 for a ticket to get in. The best one was ComDex. ComDex is the convention that would launch all new technology to the world of technology. Working in the hotel industry always got me free tickets.
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 pm

ldl511 wrote:

lsmile, I used to live in Vegas and there are a lot of conventions held there. I mean there is convention on top of convention. The only way to get into them though was to either have a pass or pay like $50-100 for a ticket to get in. The best one was ComDex. ComDex is the convention that would launch all new technology to the world of technology. Working in the hotel industry always got me free tickets.
Wow..sounds neato!! Hope you rake in lots of free goodies. Twisted Evil
The ones I do go to I don't have to pay nothing to get in. My town is pretty good about stuff like that. But hey, a convention is so much bigger and better freebies I guess. That's why they probably make people pay to get in. And I hope that includes eating too??? Glad to know you get in free. What have you gotten free from there? bounce
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ldl511 Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Oh that was years ago. You don't get much. The good ones to go to are the clothing ones to and the kind I think re extremely racy. My husband went to one of the racy ones and got all kinds of stuff that I am embarrassed to know we have.
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 pm

ldl511 wrote:Oh that was years ago. You don't get much. The good ones to go to are the clothing ones to and the kind I think re extremely racy. My husband went to one of the racy ones and got all kinds of stuff that I am embarrassed to know we have.
Oh. Well, if they don't give away lots of good freebies if I had to pay to get in, I would never do it then. It wouldn't be worth $50 to $100 to get in. For that I go to the store with that amount of money and get me something I need for my house or something else the household needs. Ya know what I mean?
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:53 pm

On Wednesday I went on a field trip for my product and purchasing course, and we went to this warehouse. They gave us clipboards, pens and key chain tape measures! Pretty cool! Also I answered a question right and I got a prize, a big bottle of garlic flavored EVOO! YUM!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:28 pm

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 Notify1_header
Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 Darkhr

I just got this in my email...i know it isn't an "event" but I couldn't find where we had contest wins in here....maybe we should start a thread for them, too?

BTW- it was a bottle opener
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Deedee wrote:
Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 Notify1_header
Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 Darkhr

I just got this in my email...i know it isn't an "event" but I couldn't find where we had contest wins in here....maybe we should start a thread for them, too?

BTW- it was a bottle opener

Hey congrats deedee! a bottle opener is better than nothing!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Cool Deedee!!!

Yesterday there were presentations made in one of my classes and I got a button for answering a question right. It's a big red button that says "A True Fusionary". They're presentation was about Fusion cuisine!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:50 pm

is fushion cuisine the thing that takes food that you wouldn't normally pair together and create something altogether different, like pine nuts and strawberries????
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 am

Well not just ingredients but you have the right idea.. It's like combining cuisines, like "Eurasian" Where they combine traditional European ingredients and/or cooking methods with traditional Asian ingredients and/or cooking methods
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:18 am

Got more free stuff in person today! Whoohoo! Well I went to the Fabulous Food Festival in San Francisco today, and it was great! It did cost $10 to get in the door, but it was well worth it. Heres my swag:

-Box of Pepridge Farms Cheese Crisps (I think that's what they're called.. yummy addictive crackers!)
-2 mini bags of Mahatma Rice
-a CD from Alice FM
-a Magnet from Alice FM
-Some Harry Potter tattoos.. LOL
-a headset for my cell phone
-a jar of creme brulee
-a copy of the New York Times Bay Area edition
-several recipe booklets and cards
-a little card that you can plant and it will grow flowers

And I got to taste a zillion samples of all kinds of goodies while I was there, saw a cooking demo, entered raffles and bought a few things as well. It was fun! Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 189237
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Sounds like you had a heck of a good time there Boheme!!! Hey glad to see you back in here. So I take it you got your computer fixed??
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:24 pm

dang you woman!!!! lol i KNEW i wanted to go! dang work...
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:30 pm

lsmile4freebies wrote:Sounds like you had a heck of a good time there Boheme!!! Hey glad to see you back in here. So I take it you got your computer fixed??
Not yet, I haven't gotten in back yet but my dad has been out of town for a little while, and I'm using his! LOL Speaking of which, I'm watching their dog and Mister P (their pug) woke me up at 2:30 this morning to go out to pee! Aughhhhh! I left him out there til I woke up again at a decent time.. waking me up at 2:30!!!

Laura wrote:dang you woman!!!! lol i KNEW i wanted to go! dang work...
Next time, I'm always finding festivals and fun things to do! Wink
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:35 pm

thumbs up !!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:53 pm

oh wow, boheme, that sounds great, too bad they don't have more of that sort of thing around here!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:55 pm

la.vie.boheme wrote:
lsmile4freebies wrote:Sounds like you had a heck of a good time there Boheme!!! Hey glad to see you back in here. So I take it you got your computer fixed??
Not yet, I haven't gotten in back yet but my dad has been out of town for a little while, and I'm using his! Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 148170 Speaking of which, I'm watching their dog and Mister P (their pug) woke me up at 2:30 this morning to go out to pee! Aughhhhh! I left him out there til I woke up again at a decent time.. waking me up at 2:30!!!

Laura wrote:dang you woman!!!! Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 502925 i KNEW i wanted to go! dang work...
Next time, I'm always finding festivals and fun things to do! Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 809394

I hope he wasn't whinning to get back inside cuz that would have kept me awake as well!!!
And hope also it isn't cold where your at or snowing or raining or else I would have been feeling guilty and brought the little guy in. But I'm with you ....dang that 2:30 in the freaking morning crap...does he do this alot? Maybe he just drank alot that particular day? Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! - Page 2 213660

I also look for events to go to in my town too.
Hey when is your computer gonna be ready. They sure have had it a long time girl. Was it something really seriously wrong with it? I hope it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to pay for it when you do pick it up.

Last edited by lsmile4freebies on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next