Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!!

+5
flameworker
ldl511
Deedee
Laura
la.vie.boheme
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! Empty Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!!

Post by la.vie.boheme Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Well I decided to make a cool thread about freebies you get at events, or in other kinds of ways, like samples in a store, or freebies from people on the street. (yes it happens all the time in big cities! LOL)

So if you get freebies in these kinds of way, or any other that's not by mail, talk about it here!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! Empty Re: Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!!

Post by Laura Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 pm

im jealous already
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!! Empty Re: Talk about freebies that you get from events, etc. HERE!!

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:23 pm

I can't wait for the fair. I have stayed away for the last few years because I wanted to avoid the crowds. But after listening to Ismile going tot he things she goes to, I think at the beach, then I want to go and get promo stuff and junk mail. Yeah, senseless junk mail, but hey, some of it is pretty cool. Like pens and plastic pizza cutters, and you know....so, yeah, I am going this year and I will tell everyone what I get.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Okay so this has been an AMAZING week of in-person freebies for me!

On Wednesday I was at the farmer's market in the United Nations Plaza in SF, which is right outside my school. (It is only a farmer's market on Wednesdays.) So there was a guy pushing a cart-like thing FULL of SoyJoy bars. I grabbed like 5 or 6.. Hehehhee...

On Friday I went to "The Best of The East Bay Party" at the Oakland Meuseum. Freebie lover's event! There was a guy in an ape suit handing out free grapes.. LOL.. a grape ape! I also got a reusable shopping bag,a pen, stickers, 2 buttons, post-its, and a really super cool adjustable measuring spoon from a spin-the-wheel game from a local restaurant. I also got a "buy local" magnet about buying local produce. NICE!!!

BUT, today I hit the super-mega jackpot of freebiedom! I always believed hard work is paid off, and I found today that is true. Today I voulnteered working the kitchen demo stage at the SF Chefs.Food.Wine event. This was a big to-do kind of event with a $150 admission price per person kind of thing. So I worked my butt off and at the end of the day I got some really cool things, and the only thing I was expecting to get out of it was the voulenteer t-shirt.

To I'll start with the little things and work my way up:
like 15 mini aveeno sunscreens,2 flower leis, 2 reusable totebags, a 6-pack of liter size Fiji Water, and 3 half liter bottles, a t-shirt, an apron, a loaf of bread shaped like a crab (not edible, but cool artisan bread.) Okay now this is where it starts to get really cool... 4 Oval Ramekins (valued at 25+ $, Super cool Che'f dual Thermometer$99 retail, AND 8 Quart Covered Stockpot Minus the cover.. But I can always go buy a cover. This is a $160 stockpot!! afraid

Moral of the story, HARD WORK PAYS OFF!! My good karma must have finally came back to me! Whoohoo!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:27 pm

SCORE!!!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Deedee wrote:SCORE!!!!!

Exactly! I think I have died and gone to freebie heaven!

OH I also forgot to mention my voulenteer manager told me to send a resume into the event staffing company she works for and to use her as a reference!! DOUBLE SCORE!!!! woohoo
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Right ON!!! Good for you!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Deedee wrote:Right ON!!! Good for you!

Thank you, thank you. Smile *takes a bow down*
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by ldl511 Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:56 am

The stuff at the fair is only free if you didn't have to pay to get in.
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 am

WOW holy cow la.vie.............that's awesome!! holy sheep I'm jelous! Oh and next time there's a "freebie lovers event" in the Bay Area I better get the heads up!! OK!! thumbs up
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 am

lol ya what she said!!! you lucky bum, im sooooooooo jealous!!!!!!! the closest this i have ever got to an in person freebie is costco lol or walmart. sad
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:36 am

Yeah my mom and I used go have "lunch" at costco lol
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:42 am

lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:10 am

flameworker wrote:WOW holy cow la.vie.............that's awesome!! holy sheep I'm jelous! Oh and next time there's a "freebie lovers event" in the Bay Area I better get the heads up!! OK!! thumbs up

You betcha! *salutes* I'm all over it.
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:22 am

dancing moo
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by bargain betty Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 am

lol that cow is too cute! it looks like it needs a tutu! Smile

i dont remember getting any good freebies i didnt have to sign up for. sad
bargain betty
bargain betty
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:39 am

lol cow in a tutu.. that made me think of that nursery rhyme whith the cow jumping over the moon.
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by bargain betty Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:42 am

hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle.....(im singing) Smile
bargain betty
bargain betty
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:35 am

You guys are totally crazy...... lol
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by bargain betty Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 am

holy cow lol me??? noooo not me im not crazy just ask deedee!
bargain betty
bargain betty
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:06 am

Is Deedee an authority on saneness? lol
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm

YES!! Yes I am! dancing moo
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Okay, I really believe that Ms. Dancing Cow!! :P
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:50 pm

lol
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Okay. Deedee is right. I do go to a lot of events and get tons of freebies. We have the Spring Break at the beach once a year..and that lasts like 4 weeks. I can't even begin to tell you what all they give out!! It's more like what don't they give out.

Then we go to the Business Expo. Oh man!! What a blast!!! Free goodies galore. Not to mention the prizes for putting in your business card in each box at each booth..and yeah I've been winning something every year now for 3 consecutive years straight. Sometime more than one.

Then you have the Women's Health Expo at the mall. Man, this one I went to this year for the first time ever and I got some stuff that was awesome!! Going back every year now!

And of course I'm a member of a Red Hat Society group and when we get together once a month, we have games you win prizes and we have lots of fun with food and more games. Love it!!!! This month I'll be going to a Hawaiian Luau at one of the members house. We are going to have a hula hoop contest... hoolah And more games and prizes and food , food for everyone there, barbeque and healthy foods too. So, next month we are doing some crafts over at the co-queens house, and then in October they are renting the men's club to do our annual mystery dinner and Halloween party with a white elephant auction and all kinds of cool games.
Then in November we are having a Pilgram Picnic at an outdoor park in our local area.
Then in December we are having our annual Christmas party with gift exchanges and games and prizes too.
So I'm pretty much a happy person with friends and caring people who love to do fun stuff. I love freebies whereever I go. But good friends are hard to find. And that is the best freebie ever a person can have!!! hug
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next