Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

friends

+8
cin_20
la.vie.boheme
sherrylovesronnie
Deedee
Patty432
jersma
lsmile4freebies
krista
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

friends Empty friends

Post by krista Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:53 pm

I am curious to know how many of you guys know each other outside of this site... do any of you hangout or know each other before this site came about? i know there are many girls i talk to on here but i have never met any of you wonderful ladies face to face... it is nice to look at the gallery and see what everyone looks like it is funny when you talk to people and send coupons and samples to each and are curious what the other one looks like then you can go to the gallery and put a face with a name Smile i know i know i will have to get a pic up there of me soon lol i always have a picture in my head of what people look like ( going by your age and what we have told each other about ourselves though the hair color poll and such) it is funny how off i was with many of you lol ( most in a good way) it would be nice to find out how each of you ended up becoming members of this site and also who you know in real life... i hope to hear from you all soon Smile
krista
krista
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

friends Empty Re: friends

Post by lsmile4freebies Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Nope, I don't know nobody in person from this site at all. Just made friends with them through other freebie sites. Like this chatting. I've been cyber friends with Laura and Terri for 2 years. And Deedee for 1 year and Bluewolf I've seen off and on here and other sites like 2 years too. That's about it. With Patty it will be like 8 months??? Can't think of any thing else or anyone from here I know other than this. But nope never met anyone face to face. Or know them in real life.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krista Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 pm

i myself have been on here since june-july i talk to alot of the girls through pm but other i talk to through the chatter box... i havent met anyone in person i am surprised how nice the girls are on here and how much i have in common with them despite age differences... honestly i get along better with people older then me because most girls my age (23) are still big into partying and not married with a child... and with being a hair dresser all the other stylists were in there min 30's or older so i grew up fast once i started working full time and spending most of my time with girls that were 10 plus yrs older then me... to bad there isnt a sample convention all of us could go to lol
krista
krista
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 pm

i agree Krista. Everyone here is the best! On an email list that i belong to, we used to have get togethers once a year. I was finally able to go one year and it was in nashville. it was great meeting people that i had talked to thru email for many years. a few people who couldnt attend even called so we could put a voice to the person.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 pm

I've know Laura and Ismiles (online) for about a year, Deedee about 8 months (online) and mrvtec (he never comes on anymore friends 665132 but we still talk on the phone) about 15 years. We went to high school together and have been really good friends since. We lived close to each other until I moved down here, he is still in Stockton, Ca.
And then there are a few others on here I have seen on other sites for awhile now.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 pm

I met Laura and Ismiles about two years ago on another site. Maybe Ismiles doesn't remember it being that long ago because I was pretty quiet on that other site for a long time. Bluewolf, Patty, many people I know from other sites around the Interwebs.....so when Laura and I decided to do this thing, I got my friend in real life all excited about it too. So Ldl511 (whose real name is also Laura, that is why we call her Ldl on here) she is my friend in real life, and Allese is of course my daughter who I also got involved with all this. Bargain Betty is a friend of Allese's in real life, but she's my friend, too....I like to give her a hard time...she can take it. Her real name isn't Betty, but you have to ask her that yourself.
Hmmm, I also try to get other people I know involved on here because I have SO much fun...but they usually come on and we don't see them very often. Westie Luv I also know in real life. And my mother is signed on as a member but I think she came on here once and never came back, she's more into playing games online and not talking in a forum....
I happen to know that Laura knows a couple people in real life that are on here. I remember she had someone from her work on here for awhile, and Grumps and her know each other.....gotta ask her the details though.
I recently, like i think on sunday asked my dad to come see what i do with all my time. I was on the phone with him while he was typing out the address, so I know he at least saw the front page. i don't know if he'll become a member, though.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrylovesronnie Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:07 am

i have known some from other sites.DeeDee and I have been talking for 9 months now.we met in S4F.Laura and I have talked for a couple of months also.

sherrylovesronnie
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:32 am

Yeah, there's Sherry, Wicked, Cin, Tigger, ....I really hate naming names because I KNOW I will leave someone out...but a lot of us have known each other for awhile just being a part of the freebie hunting community!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:18 am

I have never met anyone on here in person, yet Wink
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:27 am

Nope never met anyone in person on here before! Came over here from S4F. I remember the first time I talked with Deedee in PM I had said something about my grandchildren and she made a comment that she always imagined that I was in my 20's because of my name on the site. I just thought that was funny and it has stuck in my head! But is an example of how we perceive others on here sometimes. On this site it helps that our ages are displayed. I don't have any pics of myself in the Gallery, maybe I will put one and everybody can tell me if it is how they imagined I looked!!!! friends 482798
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:44 pm

ha, that's funny because the first time I did a swap with Laura, I remember she had something I really wanted, so i was asking her what she'd take....i asked her if she wanted a brand new full size bottle of anti-wrinkle cream??? hahahahahaha...she told me she would wait a few years before she started using it. I had no idea, For some reason I thought she was in her 30's or 40's....then she comes back to me and said she thought i was in my 20's or 30's.....yeah, it is funny how we perceive one another.

I mean, in my head I even have it figured out what hair color a person has. And then I see a photo, and I am usually so far off it's not even funny!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:12 pm

i have never met anyone on here except for a select few that rarely come on. BUT i have a ton of friends that i have known online fom other sites,etc. deedee,sherry,patty,tiggerchik,ismile, wicked,cin_20, i hope i didnt forget anyone
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Laura, do you remember when I was asking you if you wanted that anti-wrinkle cream? lol
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:17 pm

lol ya lol and i was like....uhhhhhhh im only 24! (at the time) lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:23 pm

lol....yeah, i remember how embarrassed I was.....
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:42 pm

never too young to start preventing wrinkles!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Deedee. I remember you from S4F. But under another name. Have we realy known each other like 2 years too? I know Bluewolf, and Laura, and Terri for 2 years. But I thought we knew each other for like a year ?? Hhmmm maybe it's because on that other site there were so many people coming and going it was hard to keep track??

But we are closer now than we have ever been and that's ever better~~!!!! friends 290178
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:19 pm

true true....and like I said I was pretty quiet on the other site at first. But yeah, I became a member over there in November of 07, but I lurked for months before I signed up.

But yeah, I was so shy to post at first it isn't hard to believe you didn't notice me at first!! now look at me, not a shy bone in my body!!! lol
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 pm

lol ya no kidding.....

yep yep i know bluwokf and terri too!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:40 pm

and kathleen, and.....
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks for that Deedee friends 702169 ....I have never met anyone in real life but sometimes I get the feel of the person just by what they say and how they say it...Also, sometimes their avatar gives one a glimpse.
All I know is that I never really interacted on forums that much till lately. I guess that is the shyness in me friends 719413 Sometimes I just don't know what to say......but one thing is for sure...this site and the people who run it and the members are fantastic!!!! friends 191807
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:56 pm

It's funny because other sites I talk on, it seems like I am different, you know, not as open and yes, even a little shy because I never know how someone is going to take me....and I have been a part of some forums that the members are just plain mean to each other. Like this one freebie site I go to sometimes, if you accidentally post an old freebie, everyone comes down on you and really chews you out. Sheesh, i don't even want to TRY on a site like that!
But in the last year on S4F I got to know a lot of you rather well i think, and then over here...i am beginning to think of most of you as personal friends.....sure I have never seen you in real life, but I still feel like we are close friends. So call me weird, but that is the way I feel!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:02 pm

friends 427882 i am calling for a group hug. the love here is overwhelming. friends 340388
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:43 pm

i agree circle of friends
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrylovesronnie Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:52 pm

i joined S4F about two years ago also.but went by another name.i think there i am sherrylasch or something like that.had another name but can't remember what it was.i lost the information and had to join again.

sherrylovesronnie
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next