Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss!

+6
jersma
ldl511
Kathleen
Deedee
la.vie.boheme
Laura
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! Empty Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss!

Post by Laura Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Novemember has come and Thanksgiving is around the corner and you will be busy in the kitchen!
To help you out Sample Train would like to send a PRIZE PACK your way if your recipe is chosen to be the "favorite" amongst the members.

The prize is a secret until we have a winner but TRUST me you won't want to miss out on this contest! The only HINTS i can give you is you can use them in the kitchen, there is more than one thing and you can use all of it for many years to come! As all of you should know by now we love to take care of you guys and shower you with prizes so it will be good!

RULES:
If you have won a contest in the last 30 days you may participate but you are ineligible to win this contest. All other members are elligible to win! Contestants will be able to submit until 11/14/09 and then contest will be locked for voting. Voting (amongst members) will take place to determine the winner. You may submit up to 2 recipes but only 1 is necessary for entry.

*Submit your favorite THANKSGIVING EVERYDAY food recipe below*
That is all you have to do and you could win a great prize!!!!!!
If you want to add your family tradition for Thanksgiving we will all enjoy it, but it is not mandatory to win.

Last edited by Laura on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! Empty Re: Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss!

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Oh man, make a recipe contest right after the chef-in-training just won the last contest.. I see how it is!!! Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! 243622 Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! 253135
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! Empty Re: Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss!

Post by Laura Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

lol wellllllllllllllll you're too good at too many things! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm

So sorry for you Boheme....had to keep the playing field level, ya know! Wink
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:18 pm

lol lol lol
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Looking forward to the submitted recipes!!! Yummy!
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ldl511 Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:25 am

Boheme, if you submit something can you add a pic? Your stuff from before looked awesome. I wanted to lick the screen.
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:13 am

Actually any and all photos will be looked on with great enthusiasm!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 am

I am a very picky eater and don't like to try new things. so I was really surprised when I tried my best friend's stuffing one year. She had just gotten married and her husband was a good cook and I didn't want to make a scene at the family turkey dinner - you know there is always some drama at those dinners and I didn't want to add to it. lol After trying this, I didn't want anything else but this! The next year, her hubby even made me my own batch to take home. I finally got the recipe from them and now I make this every year. Enjoy!
BEST STUFFING EVER

1 Box (1 lb.)of seasoned Stuffing Mix (you know those seasoned bread cubes)
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup of dried apricots chopped up really small
1 ยฝ cups of Orange liqueur (Cointreau or Gran Marnier)
2 cups of diced up celery
1 small onion diced up
1 cup Butter
1 package (12-16 oz) of Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
1 cup of slivered almonds
Salt & Pepper

Ok, lets get out a bunch of pots and pans and start cooking!

In small saucepan, pour in 1 cup of orange liqueur and add the dried apricots. Cook until it boils then set it aside.

Saute the celery and onions in ยฝ cup butter until the onions are soft (about 10 min.). Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.

Cook up the sausage (using the same pan- unless you like washing lots of pots and pans) until all crumbly and brown – drain on paper towels to get rid of the excess grease. Then add to the onion/celery mixture.

Now mix in the stuffing mix, the apricots and liqueur, and almonds.

In a small saucepan, heat remaining butter and chicken broth until butter is melted. Add this to the mixing bowl and mix really well adding the remaining orange liqueur.

I like to use my hands at this point to make sure that stuffing mixed well and is moist. If it is too dry, try adding more of the orange liqueur a little at a time. Season with salt & pepper to taste.

Now get out a nice big baking pan (glass works best) and spray it with PAM cooking spray. Put the stuffing mix in the pan smooth it all out so it looks nice and even and pretty.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes or until the top is browned.

I make large batches of this and freeze the uncooked stuffing mix in freezer bags. This way you will have done all the work once and you can enjoy the fruits of your labor for several months to come.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am

ldl511 wrote:Boheme, if you submit something can you add a pic? Your stuff from before looked awesome. I wanted to lick the screen.

LOL.. Thanks, and yes I will. Smile
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 am

Jersma, I am seriously thinking about using that recipe at my Thanksgiving meal. It sounds heavenly!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Cranberry Salad
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple - drained
1 can (16oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup choppen pecans
1 tub (8oz) cool whip - thawed

In a bowl mix well the milk & lemon juice. Stir in the pineapple, cranberry sauce, marshmallows & pecans.
Fold in the cool whip.
Spoon into a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Okay, So I have decided to liven this contest up a little bit....I will now be taking ANY and ALL recipes into consideration. Yep, that's right, any recipe that you have that you know is a favorite among friends and family is now fair game! It does NOT have to be geared toward Thanksgiving. I figured that since Thanksgiving comes but once a year, but most of us cook nearly every single day, we might have more variety and fun with just run-of-the-mill recipes instead of the fancy ones we save for the holidays. This does not mean that we DON'T want to hear about your great holiday recipes. However, what it DOES mean is that we will be considering ANY recipe as an entry!

Good Luck Everyone!

OH and remember it is NOT me that is judging this contest, it is being judged by YOU MEMBERS!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Thank You!!!!!! I have so many others, just no special Thanksgiving ones. Our Thanksgiving is pretty basic. I will pick 1 and post it tomorrow.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:39 pm

lol my everyday recipe is nuking a healthy choice meal.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 pm

jersma wrote:lol my everyday recipe is nuking a healthy choice meal.
Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! 719413
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 pm

i agree jersma!!! lol every single day at work i have one! lol loooooove the turkey with potatoes and fruit
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 pm

I have a really awesome recipe, but I dont know if its still to soon after Patrick Swayze died to post it. Its called Swayze Fudge. I haven't decided yet.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:43 pm

post it! i love fudge! .... call it laura fudge!!! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Im gonna post it. I hope no one gets upset with the name. There is a story that goes along with it as to why it got this name. lol Laura fudge would be just wrong. Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! 719413
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 pm

I also have a really awesome brownie recipe, but its my own, and I've never given it out. So I haven't decided yet.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 pm

lmao!!! omg patty as im typing i am laughing sooooooooooooooohard lol i didnt even think of that!!! lol omg i cant believe it that was sooo ......funny?? lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:49 pm

lol Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! ~ you won't want to miss! 719413
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Swayze Fudge
3 cups Sugar
3/4 cup Butter
5&1/3 oz. can of Evaporated Milk
7 oz. jar of Marshmallow Cream
1 cup chopped Walnuts
1 tsp Vanilla
12 oz. package Chocolate Chips

Combine Sugar, Butter, and Milk in a heavy sauce pan. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 5 min on medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in Chocolate Chips until melted. Add Marshmallow Cream, Walnuts, and Vanilla. Beat until well blended and pour into a greased 13 by 9 pan. Cool at room temperature. Cut into Squares. Makes 3lbs.

The Story as to why its called Swayze Fudge.

When I was little, my mother was SOOOO in love with Patrick Swayze. She hid a poster of him in my closet. He was half naked and sweaty. Really gross to a 7 year old. Every day, she would come in and kiss the poster (and stuff lol). And she would always say "Oh, my fantasy". Anyways, once I got older, I was trying to make my own fudge, with my moms help to make it right. Once it was done, she tasted it and said "That tastes just like my fantasy". I was going to call it Fudge Fantasy, but Swayze Fudge was so funny, I couldn't help it.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:15 pm

lol that is great! lol sounds good too!!!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next