Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

ALRIGHT...im stuck!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ALRIGHT...im stuck! Empty ALRIGHT...im stuck!

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:14 am

ALRIGHT...im stuck! IMG_0989my sister and i have been doing xmas ornaments every yr for xmas(obviously) and this yr IM STUCK! i cant figure out what im going to make.... last year i did a snowman out of popsicle stick and it was CUTEEE!!!
my sister this yr is doing a gingerbread man

and i dont know what to do! we are doing it next wednesday sooooo i need some ideas!

Last edited by Laura on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

ALRIGHT...im stuck! Empty Re: ALRIGHT...im stuck!

Post by Deedee Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 am

Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:48 am

awesome! thx!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:22 am

i like the reindeers made from wooden clothespins
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:21 am

Wow, you are so creative. You make things that I would buy. I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I know what I like!
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:41 pm

Hey Laura, talking about christmas and all , aren't you the one who gave out those mugs with the hot chocolate I said something about last year??
And if so, what are ya going to give out this year out at work>??? Need any ideas for that too?? Co-ed kinda gifts right for male and females?? ALRIGHT...im stuck! 213660
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:49 pm

jersma wrote:i like the reindeers made from wooden clothespins
ya! i have one i might do!
Kathleen wrote:Wow, you are so creative. You make things that I would buy. I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I know what I like!
thank you!!!
lsmile4freebies wrote:Hey Laura, talking about christmas and all , aren't you the one who gave out those mugs with the hot chocolate I said something about last year??
And if so, what are ya going to give out this year out at work>??? Need any ideas for that too?? Co-ed kinda gifts right for male and females?? ALRIGHT...im stuck! 213660
ya, i did that for the mail man/garbage man,etc. work i did a reindeer hot chocolate, which was VERY cute and an ornament.
this yr i am doing ornaments just for family and close friends. as for work...only close friends there too, some people have really pissed me off this year! lol
but i think im going to do the mug filled w/ kisses for garbage man, etc and work friends, not sure yet.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:50 pm

oh, and ismile last year all of us girls hung stockings and we each brought a few small things in and filled each others stockings! Smile we may do it again this yr, but like i said, im pissed off at few.... ONE imparticular! Smile
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Laura wrote:
jersma wrote:i like the reindeers made from wooden clothespins
ya! i have one i might do!
Kathleen wrote:Wow, you are so creative. You make things that I would buy. I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I know what I like!
ALRIGHT...im stuck! 89397!!!
lsmile4freebies wrote:Hey Laura, talking about christmas and all , aren't you the one who gave out those mugs with the hot chocolate I said something about last year??
ya, i did that for the mail man/garbage man,etc. work i did a reindeer hot chocolate, which was VERY cute and an ornament.
this yr i am doing ornaments just for family and close friends. as for work...only close friends there too, some people have really pissed me off this year! ALRIGHT...im stuck! 502925
but i think im going to do the mug filled w/ kisses for garbage man, etc and work friends, not sure yet.

Oh, I see there. Yeah, doing it for your family and friends is a nice idea. The only problem that might arise by giving to some at work and some to others is the ones not getting one may feel left out or feel bad?? You think?? I am I don't know them well like you do and all but you think like they would think in there minds that is was rude to give to those you only liked and left the others out of the whole gift thingy?? Just a thought is all. Since I don't know your co-workers and who you deal with and who you don't I can just assume and stuff. Unless you have a specific department you work at and then all those co-workers are cool. Then you would give to those right?? HHmmmm.. ALRIGHT...im stuck! Icon_scratch ALRIGHT...im stuck! Icon_santa

Laura wrote:oh, and ismile last year all of us girls hung stockings and we each brought a few small things in and filled each others stockings! ALRIGHT...im stuck! 561787 we may do it again this yr, but like i said, im pissed off at few.... ONE imparticular! ALRIGHT...im stuck! 561787

You mean at work or your talking about family here?? Because if it's the stockings at work that IS a cute idea girl. Love it!!! The Dollar Tree has so many cute stuff for stocking stuffers. I like those wash clothes that are like super tight and have a picture on them and they open up with you finally soak it in water. Those a too cute. And that is a nice gesture on your behalf to give the trash dude and the mailman a christmas mug. Your so thoughtful. Problem is here, they have been changing out my Bill dude here lately. Sometimes it's him , but sometimes it's another. And I have no clue who's doing what since I can't see the street cause this house is made sideways and it's not facing the main street so I therefore miss out on seeing who is delivering mail for that day unless I happen to be outside or on the lookout.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:32 pm

ya the stocking was at work. as far as some thinking im being rude, they wont even know. we have dept issued boxes and i will just stick it in their box or i will give it to them outside of work.
IF they do find out, i dont care, maybe they will think twice how rude they were. lol Smile
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Laura wrote:ya the stocking was at work. as far as some thinking im being rude, they wont even know. we have dept issued boxes and i will just stick it in their box or i will give it to them outside of work.
IF they do find out, i dont care, maybe they will think twice how rude they were. ALRIGHT...im stuck! 502925 ALRIGHT...im stuck! 561787

ALRIGHT...im stuck! 261812 I gotcha. And I like the stocking idea. Let me know how it goes this year. And let me know too what they put in your stocking and what you gave out to others stocking too. How fun is that...love that idea. Especially since they know you already and know whatcha like kinda thing. Like me, you know I love bars of soap and body washes and outdoor little statues and things for the garden. So let's say for example I got something like this in my stocking I would be so thrilled. And since I would know my co-workers taste as well, well then I would buy them stuff relating to what they like. Very neat idea. Gonna bring it up to my Queen's attention for your Red Hat's Christmas party. Love it thanks. ALRIGHT...im stuck! 427819

Last edited by lsmile4freebies on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:18 pm

that is a great idea ismile! you should definately do that at your red hats!
to make it even cheaper, you could say everyone brings their own stocking
and how many people are in your society??
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Laura wrote:that is a great idea ismile! you should definately do that at your red hats!
to make it even cheaper, you could say everyone brings their own stocking
and how many people are in your society??
Like 23 or so. But they don't all show up at the same time for every meeting or party we have. Sometimes some ladies will be sick or have so other things going on or they just can't make if for some reason or another. So even though we have this many in our group we are never always together at the same time at the same event. But how do you know what goes into who's stocking then?? If they have to bring there own at the party and you can't have it already stuffed to give it to them as a goody bag kinda thing?? ALRIGHT...im stuck! 213660
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:57 pm

if everyone brings their own stocking, put a name tag on it w/ their name. then have everyone split up into groups. (since you have 23 members say groups of 4, having 6 groups) bring 1 thing for each stocking. if you leave them up there for about 1-2 weeks all members can join in and you will only pay $4 and get 12 presents!
make sense?
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Laura wrote:if everyone brings their own stocking, put a name tag on it w/ their name. then have everyone split up into groups. (since you have 23 members say groups of 4, having 6 groups) bring 1 thing for each stocking. if you leave them up there for about 1-2 weeks all members can join in and you will only pay $4 and get 12 presents!
make sense?
For an office where you can hang the stockings and leave them there yes. But this is a christmas party that the memebers come to some don't come do to last minute emergencies or whatever so we can't do that. And where are we going to leave a stocking up if there isnt' a home base to do it?? I was thinking more in the lines of goodies bags with stuff in it but instead of them being a bag or whatever....a stocking instead. But I like the concept of people using there own stocking though and maybe as they come in they can put it up on a hook or something and as people come in or the queen can have them all filled before the memembers start to arrive to the christmas party?? I don't know, I just like the whole idea of the stocking stuffing as a goodie bag full of things. ALRIGHT...im stuck! 213660
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 pm

But if her red hat society is like our red hat society there really is no way to "leave them up" because each meeting is at someone else's house, and they only meet once a month.

We posted at the same time ISmile...Wink

Last edited by Deedee on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posted at the same time as ismile)
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:08 pm

ahhhh i see! well then .... im puzzled and that is completely up to you!!!!! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:11 pm

Deedee wrote:But if her red hat society is like our red hat society there really is no way to "leave them up" because each meeting is at someone else's house, and they only meet once a month.

We posted at the same time ISmile...ALRIGHT...im stuck! 809394
Yep!!! you got it Dee. We only met once a month. So our next thing we are having is our Pilgrims feast. It was gonna be at the park but with the weather being as it is hot or cold and we have one member in a wheel chair that can't be strolled out there in the sand it was moved to the same building as the where we had the Halloween party. Its a men's club place but we pay $100 dollars deposit and we get it right back if we leave the bathrooms and kitchen and the place clean as like we got it. And we do so we always get our money back. That is so whoever trashes the place out, doensn't get the money back. So it's cool.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:15 pm

yeah, well ours aren't as nice and thought out as yours, but i figured it was about the same thing. Ours are always in someone's house, and it is really just a "game night' playing Bunko or something like that for prizes. There are snacks and wine served. Most of the people in ours are hoity toities, so I hardly ever go anymore. I feel like a lot of the gals there are talking down their noses at me. Don't need it. But yours sounds really nice and like a lot of fun.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:47 pm

alright guys.... i think im gonna do this one. its simple but to be honest im not that excited this yr.... SO that being said.. ta~da..
ALRIGHT...im stuck! 95_3217
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:09 pm

it's really cute
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 pm

Deedee wrote:yeah, well ours aren't as nice and thought out as yours, but i figured it was about the same thing. Ours are always in someone's house, and it is really just a "game night' playing Bunko or something like that for prizes. There are snacks and wine served. Most of the people in ours are hoity toities, so I hardly ever go anymore. I feel like a lot of the gals there are talking down their noses at me. Don't need it. But yours sounds really nice and like a lot of fun.
Oh, you tried joining one? When? And why didn't you say so girl? You have been holding out on me. Dang. Well, our town here has like 12 groups (small town) so if you don't like your group girl, you can always find some other one to join until you find ladies that you feel comfortable with. I really had a hard time at first remember?? I mean, I felt soooo out of place. All the ladies are much older than me and pretty much have health issues and all but I looked past that, and tried my best to put my heart out there and see beyond that and use my youth for there strength and stuff like that. But I understand about them being stuck up and you feeling left out. They say here in my town some of the other Red Hatters are like that too from the other Red Hat groups that I've never seen or met. And some don't even want from what I hear those who are less than 50 years of age to join, which in reality is bullcrap because the person who created the Red Hat society to begin with said that anyone under the age of 50 can join and be a pink hatter till they become 50 and then they get to wear the red hat. So whoever started to do that in that particular Red Hat group here is wrong for doing it. But since my group isn't like that then I only worried about what group I'm in. So even though like I said all the ladies are nice and all I have to admit there are like 2 in my group who do poke at me every once in awhile and I feel the only reason they do it is because I'm younger and healthy and stuff and they aren't and sometimes I remind them of something they might wish they had or something I don't know , I'm just assuming it's this. I try to be nice to everyone in my group regardless of how they might treat me because if I give in and let them know it bothers me then they know and have one up on me. So therefore thank goodness these 2 ladies don't show up to our meetings hardly ever. But when they do ......it's expected from them to say and act mean and snippy towards me, but the rest of the group sees there behavior and talk among themselves...(i know this because someone told me ) and they don't think it's right and it makes the 2 ladies look bad and even more worse when I don't do nothing back. So this is what is going on but like I said it's happened maybe 3 times since I've joined and I've been in this here group now for a full year now. Last Halloween was my very first meeting. So it is a year now for me. But you know what? Whatever, I shrug it off and let them be how they are and I just keep being me, and that they have issues within themselves and that is why they like to take it out on me. So be it. If it makes them feel better about themselves to do it then whatever, because in the long run it will only make them look bad. I'm just grateful they don't go too our meetings very often. Only on special occasions ones like the Halloween parties and Christmas ones and maybe one or two out of the whole year meetings. Or get togethers. I still say wave to them, and even try to hug them in front of the others. And if they don't want to then you know what I still smile and say it's so nice to see you. And keep on my merry way and keep having a good time in the group. You know what they say, there is one or 2 in every group, work place and in school that is always the rotten a-pple out of the bunch. And that is true till this very day. It sucks but whacha gonna do right? I just roll with the punches and just live one day at a time and just do my thing girl. ALRIGHT...im stuck! 581326

Laura wrote:alright guys.... i think im gonna do this one. its simple but to be honest im not that excited this yr.... SO that being said.. ta~da..
ALRIGHT...im stuck! 95_3217
And Laura, this looks quite easy to make and I like it. Sometimes simplicity is the best kind of art. I love the jinglebells. Do you have to spray paint them or can you buy them that color already? And the bow down is it wire ribbon or just regular? Looks super cute and easy to whip up. I really like it. Good choice there ! ALRIGHT...im stuck! 191807
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:23 pm

i have to spray paint them. errrrf BUT yes it is easy i think lol thats why i chose it! lol as far as the bow down i actually think its metal??? but im just using ribbon w/ hot glue gun
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Laura wrote:i have to spray paint them. errrrf BUT yes it is easy i think ALRIGHT...im stuck! 502925 thats why i chose it! ALRIGHT...im stuck! 502925 as far as the bow down i actually think its metal??? but im just using ribbon w/ hot glue gun
Sounds like a plan, but I hope they don't go and roll on you as your spraying them. Or maybe they DO sell them in different colors. I would call Hobby Lobby first or Micheals to see if they carry them in other colors besides silver and gold?? And if not mix the silver and gold ones together?? And the regular bow down sounds good to me too. I'm down with easy girl. I like it. ALRIGHT...im stuck! 561787
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:38 pm

i already bought silver and im just going to use a wire hanger and straighten it then put it in the inside to hold it while i spray it.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Search