Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on..........

+4
Laura
jersma
flameworker
lsmile4freebies
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... Empty I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on..........

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi all. lsmile4freebies here.
Well, I just thought I would share something that is somewhat kinda of special to me with you all.
Here come October 17 , (saturday) I will be jogging my first 5K (which is 3 miles) for the Making Strides Againist Breast Cancer.
I have been jogging 3 miles a day for awhile now everyday except for sunday to give my body a rest. But I'm anxious and excited to be doing my very first one. This one is for just raising money for the Breast Cancer Awareness of the American Cancer Society and I'm really looking forward to it.
This really is a walk one but since I've been jogging 3miles a day, and I want to keep training for other events that YOU DO have to jog, I rather jog this one to prepare me for furture ones without pressure. At least I'll know what to look forward to. I have raised $245.00 in my neighborhood alone. Just knocking door to door. Which is also a choir of walking and sweating and stuff.
Today I decided to take a break. So I can go out and do it again to up my donations. I'll be doing it everyday till Friday so we will see how much I can muster up for the grand day.
This makes me so happy to be able to do something for those who are in need. I believe if God gave me good health that I should use my good health for good and help others who don't have good health. It's the least I could do. Plus it makes me feel good inside knowing that I can at least make a difference somehow.
I know most of you don't want to hear all my stuff and could care less, but I just thought I would share with you anyhow because this is important to me.
My husband will be also participating giving out water and so fourth at the event as well.
I will be getting a tshirt for the walk or rather jog. I'm truely grateful that I can be a part of this day. And I can't wait to be out there and be in the mix of things. I'm so exicted.
Sorry if this was long. But I just had to vent . I was too excited to not tell you all.
Thanks for letting me share it with you. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 427882
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... Empty Re: I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on..........

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 299706 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 198282 YAY ismile....thank you.....from all of us who have had so much cancer in our lives one way or another. You rule the school!! I just did "Light The Night" and I love love love "Relay For Life" you should check that one out. You just go around a track for 24 hours taking turns and sharing stories with people. It's soooo much fun and so heartwarming all at the same time.
Have fun and keep up the good work....both you and your hubby! I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 737763
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... Empty Re: I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on..........

Post by jersma Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Thank you for doing that Ismile. My girlfriend has breast cancer and she is walking in tampa area. she wears a sash with a pin or photo of everyone that has helped her get there. i pray that she has the strength this year - it has not been a good year health wise for her. she has done these walks for about 5-6 years now.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:52 pm

flameworker wrote:I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 299706 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 198282 YAY ismile....thank you.....from all of us who have had so much cancer in our lives one way or another. You rule the school!! I just did "Light The Night" and I love love love "Relay For Life" you should check that one out. You just go around a track for 24 hours taking turns and sharing stories with people. It's soooo much fun and so heartwarming all at the same time.
Have fun and keep up the good work....both you and your hubby! I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 737763
Wow, thank you flameworker for your postive input. I have never heard of "Light the Night". What is that one for ?? I want to do them ALL> all except for the triatholan (sp?) I don't care to get eaten by a shark in the open water where I live here. No way. I'll stick to pavements thank you very much.
As a matter of fact, speaking of "Relay For Life". I am indeed invited to the kick off party on October 27th, the lady who sent me my package kit for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer works of course for The American Cancer Society and she sent me an invite for this as well.
This invitation says this:
You are invited to the ....
Relay For Life Kickoff Party
When: Tuesday, Oct. 27th 2009
Where: (can't say or I'll give out where I live sorry)
Time: 5:30pm -7:00pm
Please join us too for the official kickoff of the Relay For Life season! Relay For Life is a fun community event to raise money for the fight against cancer. Come to the party and learn more about what Relay For Life is! There will be special prizes for the teams that sign up and turn in their first $100.00.
Wear your sports gear! Food, Fun, Door prizes, and much
So I'm going be there girlfriend. I'm looking forward to doing them all. American lung , American Heart, the one for the childrens, just everything that comes my way. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 809394

jersma wrote:Thank you for doing that Ismile. My girlfriend has breast cancer and she is walking in tampa area. she wears a sash with a pin or photo of everyone that has helped her get there. i pray that she has the strength this year - it has not been a good year health wise for her. she has done these walks for about 5-6 years now.

You most welcome. And thank you jersma for being my friend and caring.
About your friend, wow, sounds like she's quite the fighter. I can't believe she still has the cancer and has been doing these walks all those years with it. That is amazing. Can't they help her with kimo to get rid of it or something? I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 213660
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:02 pm

Link to Light the Night:

http://www.lightthenight.org/sf/

We walked around our town wearing glow in the dark stuff and holding red balloons in the sky that had lights in them...it was pretty. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 191807 And we got free candy!!
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:08 pm

YAY!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:08 pm

YAY!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:21 pm

flameworker wrote:Link to Light the Night:

We walked around our town wearing glow in the dark stuff and holding red balloons in the sky that had lights in them...it was pretty. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 191807 And we got free I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 189237!!
Sounds so unique. I have never heard of this one before I will surely check out the site you gave me. How do you all see where your going in the dark?? Or do they have lights? At least it's alot cooler at night time that's for sure.
I've gotta check this out. Thanks for the link. I'm intrigued now. And curious as to how this works and for what cause it is for. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 253135
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Laura wrote:YAY!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!
Thanks Laura. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 191807
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Laura wrote:YAY!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!

lsmile4freebies wrote:
flameworker wrote:Link to Light the Night:

We walked around our town wearing glow in the dark stuff and holding red balloons in the sky that had lights in them...it was pretty. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 191807 And we got free I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 189237!!
Sounds so unique. I have never heard of this one before I will surely check out the site you gave me. How do you all see where your going in the dark?? Or do they have lights? At least it's alot cooler at night time that's for sure.
I've gotta check this out. Thanks for the link. I'm intrigued now. And curious as to how this works and for what cause it is for. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 253135

Okay I went to the site and the is for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. And it's located in San Fransisco , California. No wonder I've never heard of it before. OOOO...sounds so nice to attend too. I wish we had on here. I wonder if we do?? And I just don't know it??? HHmmm..how would I go about seeing if I have one here? I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 213660 We might not have one here because I've been living here since 1988 and never heard of one. Till now. They must do this kinda thing in other states. I know they have lots in bigger cities too. Ones we don't have here. And we have ones here that others don't have either so beats me. But thanks for the link so I can read up on it. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 15663
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Maybe check with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.......we can see where we walk because we walk through and around down town and the streets are light it by the businesses and street lights.....and we follow people with those lights like the one air traffic controlers have. They were on the corners telling us were to go and when to cross the street. It seemed like all High School kids volunteering with leading the way and traffic control.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by tiggerchik Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:14 am

That is so awesome lsmiles! We certainly need more people like you I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 737763
tiggerchik
tiggerchik
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:00 am

Ismile bouquet awesome! Girl!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 am

flameworker wrote:Maybe check with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.......we can see where we walk because we walk through and around down town and the streets are light it by the businesses and street lights.....and we follow people with those lights like the one air traffic controlers have. They were on the corners telling us were to go and when to cross the street. It seemed like all High School kids volunteering with leading the way and traffic control.
Sounds like it would be fun to attend to and pretty too with all the different lights at night. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 561787

tiggerchik wrote:That is so awesome lsmiles! We certainly need more people like you I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 737763

You made it in here tiggerchik. I see you got my PM. Alright!!!! Welcome aboard girly!!! Hope you will love it here as much as we all do. And thank you for the postive input. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 809394

Deedee wrote:Ismile I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 125712 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 183107 Girl!!!

Thank you Dee. I'm sooo excited. I can't wait for the day to come. I was going to go jogging this morning but it's way too hot outside and the sun is scorching here. So I'm going to go at dawn after the sun goes down. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 56553
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 pm

I applaud you girls. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 198282 You are doing wonderful things that make a difference in people's lives.
Thank You!! I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 861733
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 pm

TOOOOO HOT??? It's rainy and over cast here!! Storms coming in...you can run through my neighborhood.....HAHAHAHA, cuz it's not too hot.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:37 pm

flameworker wrote:TOOOOO HOT??? It's rainy and over cast here!! Storms coming in...you can run through my neighborhood.....HAHAHAHA, cuz it's not too hot.
Oh man!!! I love overcast days. Those are perfect jogging weather days. I did a whole week like that in the early morning, just before the hot beat sun came out after the overcast went away. I prefer jogging in the morning if I wake up early enough, but today I forgot to set up my alarm clock and when I went to wake up it was 8:30am and the beaming hot sun was out already. So now I have to wait till sundown. Oh well, no problem as long as I get my 3 mile jog in one way or another it doesn't matter. I've been known to jog in the rain. I like it all except getting the water in my eyes.
Yeah, you can get cooked just standing in one spot. It's 87 degrees outside. So I'm gonna wait it out till the sun goes down some. Then jog my 3 miles. I always of course take my water bottle with me. The park I go to is walking distance from my house. Which is very convinent. I love it. And the park is peaceful. Every now and again while walking there and back and at the park itself I'll find cokereward caps. So that is always a plus. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 561787

Last edited by lsmile4freebies on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:39 pm

YAY...Coke Rewards...you rock ismile always freebie hunting.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:53 pm

flameworker wrote:YAY...Coke Rewards...you rock ismile always freebie hunting.
I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 15663 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 253123 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 733118 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 94725 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 399837 YEAH BABY!!! DON'T YOU KNOW IT!!
Oh, gotta tell you peeps. This friday is my Halloween Mystery Dinner. I'm going as a clown and my daughter is going as a 50's chick and she'll be getting paid for her services as a food server. Plus tips.
They are going to have door prizes, food, every memember from the Red Hat Society gets to bring 5 or less unwanted or used items in good condition to be auctioned off there for the white elephant auction. They are gonna decorate the whole place Halloweenish. The co-queen goes all out on Halloween. She even has a coffin with a mummy and all. I haven't seen it but she's told me about it. Our plate is 10.00 but that includes appetizer, something to drink , desserts, and full blown meal with I don't know how many things to choose from to eat. All proceeds goes towards our Christmas Party in December. And of course comming up events. AWESOME!!!
I'm gonna be super busy this weekend man, friday halloween party, saturday my 5k jog, sunday church....WHEW!! I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 815535
And I still have to add those pom pom things onto my clown costume. I bought the yarn , you know the kind that comes like in rainbow colors in a continous streak? Well, I'm gonna make 3 for the front of my already made costume I had, it was just missing the pom poms and I'm gonna make 2 more to tie onto my sneakers on the front of each one and then make big bows in braids to tie two pig tails and put bows on each side. Now all I need is a red clown nose. But I haven't been able to see none. Except for Kmart and the last one was messed up. I have to go back to see if they brought anymore. If not then I'll paint the dang thing on.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:45 pm

have fun!!! dancing cactus
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Okay, I finally did my first 5k jog. And the weather was freezing over here. When I woke up it was 50 and I was like crap!!! I hate cold weather to jog in because it hurts my eyes and ears and nose and hands and breathing in and out the cold air hurts my throat while jogging. But I was a sport about it and wore my sweat pants and and hoodie and an a knitting beanie hat and my family got all bundled up too. And I signed up at 8:00 for registration and gave them all the money I had gotten from people which was in total $265.00. I wish it had been more but I was too busy with the whole Halloween party on Friday and all that week. But hey, at least I did collect what I could. They gave me a tshirt for each $100.00 dollars I collected which was 2 shirts one for me and one for my daughter. They are all white with a big pink breast cancer ribbon on the front that says Marching Against Breast Cancer , Making a difference . Make History. MAKE STRIDES. I couldn't change there to wear it since it was cold and all and they did have booths with water, granola bars, mini boxes of raisins, yogarts, bagels, coffee, etc. And I had already eaten my breakfast before hand so I was full when I got there but it sure came in handy when I was done with my 5K. They let all the surviors go first with the walk to lead in the walk. And the cops (cars and motorcyles ) were leading the way. And then after like 20 seconds I started to jog and some lady was like on the side standing there watching the walk and she said you can jog it if you want to ...so I did, pass they cops and followed the signs. All the way to the very end. Some 15 year old girl took the lead but that was okay by me. I was just grinning the whole time and enjoy my jog and the scenery. Loved every moment for the nice weather (glad it wasn't raining) and even though it was windy and cold (for me) I took my hoodie off after awhile and tied it around my waist and kept going and going. It felt so good to finally get to go on the street and jog, I came in second, but you have to remember this wasn't a marathon at all. Everybody else was walking except for me and this girl. So I did jog to get the feel of what it was like to do this sorta thing before I did the real one with the number on your back kinda thing. So all in all me and my family had a good time and I felt good in my heart and soul to do what I did. Can't wait to do more. I tried getting on tv our local two news channels where out there but they didn't air it. Oh, well, you know they always cut things out and stuff. But there is always a next time. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 809394 I'm just begining. Plus this wasn't about me. It was about Breast Cancer and what we were representing that day there. So I jogged it just to prove to myself that I can make a difference and also to see what it was like to jog in the open for future marathons and other things to come. Like practicing. So basically I killed two birds with one stone sort of speaking. I helped raise money and also was there for support and did my 5k at the same time. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 15663 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 191807 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 94725 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 340388
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 399837 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 399837 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 399837 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 94725 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 94725 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 94725 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 191807 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 405903 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 405903 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 405903 I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 861733 ismile!!!
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:54 pm

You are awesome Ismile...congrats on your first 5K winner
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks you all. It was cold but I went to do it anyways. I just had to. I had to not only give them the money but prove to myself I can do it. Now I have the Relay For Life kickoff party to attend to on October the 27th. At 6:00pm. Can't wait. They are gonna team me up with some people to do the 24 hour relay. I don't know too much about it but when I get back from the party kickoff I'll come here and post what it was about and what I have to do and stuff. If that's okay with you all. If your not interested let me know and I won't say nothing more without being hurt. I know I say too much in here. And I type away like a mad woman. Just tell me when I overwelm you guys okay? I'll shut up then. I just thought it would be interesting to you all. It is to me since this is all new for me and I'm just learning all about this stuff myself. And who knows , I might just incourage someone else out there to do the same. Is all. I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 424950
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Congratulations, lsmile! You "done good!" That was a very nice thing to do for such an important cause! I applaud you! I'm so excited, I'll be jogging my first 5K ......on.......... 198282
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next