Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

bad news....

+7
la.vie.boheme
flameworker
lsmile4freebies
Patty432
jersma
Deedee
Laura
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

bad news.... Empty bad news....

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:56 am

well..... since we moved into our new house 11 days ago i have tried repeatedly to go to the old house and get my cat. She is an indoor/outdoor cat and comes usually throughout the day to get food and socialize. she hasnt come back and i havent seen her since the night before(8/31) when i had to go to work. crying im sooooo sad even though i think she smoozed her way into another family ive had her for over 4 yrs. crying
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

bad news.... Empty Re: bad news....

Post by Deedee Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 am

oh...that is sad...but sometimes cats are like that. I had one when I moved once who found a new family as soon as he figured out I was moving. i finally was able to catch him and take him to the new house, and he took off again and traveled cross town to the new family's house. I felt like I had let him down, but the fact is cats are just that way! They say cat's don't have owners, they have servants....so true!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 am

ya, thats true but i want my cat back!!! Smile crying
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:23 am

laura, sorry to hear that. i lost a cat when i moved 8 years ago. i got her to the new house and she hung around for about a week and then i never saw her again. she was kind of feral - i took care of her when she got pregnant and then found homes for the SIX kittens she had (i kept one). i like to think she found a new home where she was the only cat - i had a total of 3 at the time including her kitten.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:26 am

oh how sad! i moved before and everything went to plan so i figured this time it would too. but just the same i guess it was for the best since she has more field at the old one...
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

Im so sorry to here that Laura. Hopefully you will get her back. Just keep going over there and looking for her, and maybe she will show up.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:46 am

ya i have been but its starting to get hard because we live 40 min from that house now and nothing except work keeps me going there but im on vaca until 19th so crying
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:47 am

so here is laura roaming the streets with a box of cat treats - here kitty kitty...... TREATS!
who knows you might find her and possibly a million other cats & dogs lol
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 am

lol ya actually i did sit outside the now empty house with cat treats shaking away! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:54 am

Laura wrote:lol ya actually i did sit outside the now empty house with cat treats shaking away! lol
Thats good. Maybe she was just to far or sleeping to hear it. I would try again.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Me personally I don't like outdoor/indoor animals. I have a cat and she's strickly an indoor cat and she wouldn't have it any other way. She hates the outdoors. Always has.
Plus my vet said that indoor animals stay healthier and are more opt not to get hit by cars and fight with other animals and get diseases.
I hope you find your cat. But if you don't. You may want to adopt another one, just for indoors only. They are great.
I hope you find your cat. Don't give up. She/he may be out of sorts trying to find you or is confussed on what's going on. I would have taken her the first day of moving. bad news.... 525190
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 pm

well... i did try and take her the first day, she wasnt there. as for indoor outdoor... ive had both, one strictly indoor and this one indoor/outdoor and they both were very healthy and both were very disease free! so long as the owner takes care of them then there should be no problem except for the added risk of getting hit by a car. i prefer indoor because less maintennace BUT this last cat wanted nothing to do with just being confined to the house. so i just took the extra precautions to make sure she had no babies, no fleas and no diseases. my mom was a breeder for over 10 yrs so i know a lot about cats.
i just hope she comes back!Smile
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:11 pm

I DO TOO, FOR YOU, LAURA, BUT IF SHE DOESN'T JUST REMEMBER THAT CATS ARE PRETTY MUCH THEIR OWN BOSS.
WHEN I WAS GROWING UP WE HAD AN INDOOR ONLY CAT AND I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. I THINK IT IS IN A CATS NATURE TO BE OUTSIDE.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Oh my God, Laura I'm SOOOOOO sorry. Is there anyway you can leave a trap out at the old house with maybe some of the kitties stuff in it? A little bowl of water and food. You might catch something else but it could be worth the try. I would tell my other old neighbors to keep a look out and possible offer a reward for kitty return. I had a cat once who ran off after I moved into my new home. Then a little less then a year later I was getting ready to move again and the cat (colors) just comes walkin backup to the front door. He looked like he'd been through some BS but he did come back. It was amazing. I even had a hampster come back once. Ran right past my friend who was standing with the front door open and back into the house looking for his cage.

I will put out some positive energy into the air because I really want you to have your kitty back. Also maybe continue to check the pounds and post fliers so if someone else does have kitty kitty maybe they will call you.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:16 pm

flameworker wrote:Oh my God, Laura I'm SOOOOOO sorry. Is there anyway you can leave a trap out at the old house with maybe some of the kitties stuff in it? A little bowl of water and food. You might catch something else but it could be worth the try. I would tell my other old neighbors to keep a look out and possible offer a reward for kitty return. I had a cat once who ran off after I moved into my new home. Then a little less then a year later I was getting ready to move again and the cat (colors) just comes walkin backup to the front door. He looked like he'd been through some BS but he did come back. It was amazing. I even had a hampster come back once. Ran right past my friend who was standing with the front door open and back into the house looking for his cage.

I will put out some positive energy into the air because I really want you to have your kitty back. Also maybe continue to check the pounds and post fliers so if someone else does have kitty kitty maybe they will call you.

EXCELLENT IDEAS FLAME!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:18 pm

omg thats crazy about the hamster lol!!! i told the neighbors and the guys from work to watch for her and i told our ACO to look for her and tell me if she gets her in the shelter. crying all this cat food and no cat to give it too.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:23 pm

WELL, IF SHE DOESN'T COME BACK YOU WILL NEED TO GET ANOTHER ONE PRONTO, A HOUSE ISN'T A HOME WITHOUT A PET!!!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:24 pm

ya no kidding!!! sad maybe ill name it sox2 or shoes for memory! lol im going to keep trying though and especially when i go back to work.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:13 pm

Wow.. the hamster came back? That's crazy!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I am so sorry about your cat. It has to be hard for you.....I am a big worry wort......I went crazy looking for my cat for 2 days, my husband kept saying..he's gone, he's gone....forget about it....Well, the kids and I couldn't...Finally found her.....my husband accidently locked the cat in the shed. He said, well he wasn't in there when I closed it up.... bad news.... 991127 ARGGGGG!
I do hope you find your pet soon..... bad news.... 525190
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 pm

la.vie.boheme wrote:Wow.. the hamster came back? That's crazy!

He was attacked by something and it must have scarred the do-dee out off him cuz he just bolted up the steps, through the door, I picked him up, I clean his wounds and plopped him in his lil cage. Craziest thing!!
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:44 pm

oh kathleen thx! those were encouraging words sad
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:06 am

Laura don't give up......your cat is probably looking for you too. I hope your pet is back with you soon.
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:39 am

me too thanks Smile sad
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Terri77 Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:09 pm

bad news.... 152789 so sorry to hear this Laura.I hope you able to find him/her. bad news.... 424950
Terri77
Terri77
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next