Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

kids and growing up.

+2
Kathleen
hissprout
6 posters

Go down

kids and growing up. Empty kids and growing up.

Post by hissprout Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

When the girls got home today, I started going through all the papers like I do any other day. In Sydney's folder was a note from her teacher. Just a general note that they send home every month letting us know what is going on. As I was reading it, I got all teary eyed. My little girl is no longer a "little girl". She is going to be in the first grade in the fall. I am happy, yet sad. She is growing up WAY too fast for me, but it is a real joy watching her grow like she has. She is now reading, writing, adding, subtracting, telling me all kinds of stores about colors and shapes. It seems like only last year she was just a carefree little girl jumping on the bed in her diaper. I just thought that I would share with you all! I am so proud of her and everything she had done! Congrats Sydney on graduating Kindergarten! kids and growing up. 373257 kids and growing up. 424950
hissprout
hissprout
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

kids and growing up. Empty Re: kids and growing up.

Post by Kathleen Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Thank you for sharing. Enjoy all the moments....they go so fast. Even when they do get older, you will always see that little child in their face. My daughter is 18 and I still see the "little girl" in her. It still takes getting used to the fact that she doesn't need me to do certain things.

Congratulations to Sydney....this is just one of the many milestones in her life. And congratulations to you for raising such a beautiful child! Enjoy!

Last edited by Kathleen on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I spelled "child" wrong!)
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:56 pm

awwww! congrats to you and your still LITTLE girl!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Awwww, I got all teary eyed just reading your post Sprout. The years sure do go quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by hissprout Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Thank you Laura!! I cannot believe that last year at this time she was so excited to start school, and now she can't wait to get out. lol Goofy girl. It's getting warmer and she wants to stay home and play!

Jill, I didn't mean to make anybody teary eyed. I have a step daughter who is ten, but it's so much different when it's your own child doing these things.

I am very proud of both girls. First grade and Fifth grade here we come!!!

Congrats to everybody who has children in their lives who hit any kind of milestone this year Smile
hissprout
hissprout
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:49 pm

It was a good teary eyed...no worries. I'm a softy every now and then. kids and growing up. 809394

I have an 8 yr old son and a 21 yr old son (actually, the 21 yr old is my stepson but we had custody for so long that it feels like he's my biological son) No difference to me, he feels like my own also.

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, my daughter graduated from high school this year. And boy did I cry. She was just sitting there all nervous and fiddling with her hat. And I was just yelling when they called her name....YOU DID IT!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! and I just was so proud that she has come a long way. For awhile there me and my husband thought she wouldn't make it because she's one of those kinds of students that have to really study hard because she has a hard time with school. But we got through it together. I always knew she had it in her.
My mom came from out of town to for her graduation which was june 7 on monday. So this is why I haven't been on here. Because my mom has been here since May 29 and I just took her to the airport this morning and I haven't been on my computer since she got here because I wanted to spend quality time with her. It was just wonderful spending time with her. I love my mom so much. It was hard to see her walk away towards the gate to her plane.
And coming home driving alone was just so lonely and quiet. Gave me lots of time to think. How life goes by just so fast.
I wanted to share as well. I missed you all. Big hugs everyone!!! To all my cyber friends in here. Glad to be back in action and chatting with you all. Did I miss anything ?? I might have missed some good freebies huh? You can tell me ....I can handle it. (wink, wink!) :D
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hissprout Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Congrats to your daughter, and you and your husband Ismile! Awesome job on graduating! I just got back on here yesterday, or the day before, I can't remember. lol I am searching through all the freebies I can while I have the time. It seems like I am on here all day, I will leave my computer on and the sample train website up because I get distracted. When I finally realize I left it on, I just close it! lol. I take breaks here and there. CONGRATS again!! Smile
hissprout
hissprout
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 am

lsmile4freebies wrote:Well, my daughter graduated from high school this year. And boy did I cry. She was just sitting there all nervous and fiddling with her hat. And I was just yelling when they called her name....YOU DID IT!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! and I just was so proud that she has come a long way. For awhile there me and my husband thought she wouldn't make it because she's one of those kinds of students that have to really study hard because she has a hard time with school. But we got through it together. I always knew she had it in her.
My mom came from out of town to for her graduation which was june 7 on monday. So this is why I haven't been on here. Because my mom has been here since May 29 and I just took her to the airport this morning and I haven't been on my computer since she got here because I wanted to spend quality time with her. It was just wonderful spending time with her. I love my mom so much. It was hard to see her walk away towards the gate to her plane.
And coming home driving alone was just so lonely and quiet. Gave me lots of time to think. How life goes by just so fast.
I wanted to share as well. I missed you all. Big hugs everyone!!! To all my cyber friends in here. Glad to be back in action and chatting with you all. Did I miss anything ?? I might have missed some good freebies huh? You can tell me ....I can handle it. (wink, wink!) :D

I wondered where you were! Happy Birthday, again!

I'm so glad you spent time with your mom. As some of you might remember, my mama passed away almost 2 yrs. ago. Well, my husband's mom just passed away June 4th, and I picked him up at the airport today. He was able to spend some good time with her this time, even though she was very ill. He was with her at the beginning of the year, too. She was a wonderful lady, and will be missed. So, I guess I just want to say, cherish every moment you can with your mom, no matter how young or old.
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hissprout Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:48 am

Wicked, I am so sorry to hear that! sad I agree with you that we should cherish time w/ our moms, I think sometimes people find it too easy to take for granted the time we have with loved ones. No matter what happens in this life, we should really think and appreciate those around us!!
hissprout
hissprout
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks, sprout, that is so true. One never knows how it is, until it affects them, and believe me, most of us will have our turn to deal with such sadness. Enjoy your mama, children and loved ones while you can.

I was thinking....Your mama gives birth to you and brings you into this world, then especially for boys, in the end, they literally carry their mamas out to their final resting place. Sad.
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 pm

This is for Sydney!!

Congrats Sydney! You're a rockstar!!

kids and growing up. Cong882520252872529
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Tell Sydney....CONGRATULATIONS!!! kids and growing up. 198282
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hissprout Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Thank you so much Wicked and Flame Smile I will defiantly show here these when she gets home today!!
hissprout
hissprout
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down