Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee?

4 posters

Go down

pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee? Empty pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee?

Post by jersma Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 pm

jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee? Empty Re: pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee?

Post by flameworker Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:19 pm

I wonder where we have to walk into??? pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee? Icon_scratch
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee? Empty Re: pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee?

Post by jersma Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:49 pm

not sure.. have you gotten the email yet?
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm

ok, finally got the email

Keep a close eye on your email inbox because on March 31st, 2010 we'll be sending out an exclusive email detailing everything you need to know on how to snag your free pair of glasses (lenses included).
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:15 pm

I got that one!! pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee? 561787
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by germany offer Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:06 pm

*PLEASE READ ME* This post is not because of my pessimistic pov but rather a heads-up and you must be fully prepared to take advantage of this. Because of the time constraints involved this post will be very disorganized but I must fling things I've found out ASAP so some of you can further carry out what I have started here. Remember, were all family shooting for a common goal here; we need to get along & help one another in this case for the greatest amount of success. Because one slip-up here will most assuredly cost you the glasses. Most likely even I will not be able to obtain glasses because of the slowness of my computer, and that's before the mad dash to apply - but I'm looking out for my peeps here.

There are only 500 pair of glasses to be given. Even though u were allowed to sign up does not mean the 501st person attempting to sign up was disallowed. It is extremely unlikely that bifocals are included in this deal. Unsure whether lenses will be glass or plastic & may have to pay xtra to get plastic. It will set a bad example (Like "Hot Wheels" 15% discounted freebie offer) but look 4 (small) print indicating this is a buy-one-get-one free? offer. There is a minimum shipping/postage/handling charge of approx. $7; However, they do have a free Shipping Code: FREESHIP (it was listed in All Caps)- just don't know @ this point whether code will be accepted for the freebie. Just be prepared to pay in case. Note I did not examine with a fine tooth comb everything that was available to me but only revealing what has come up. I need your help to uncover questions & anything else that may pop-up (Once again sorry for my disarray & randomness here). There is no sales tax charged on Rx (prescription) but you may have to pay for the glasses case + tax (DNK if the case is considered Rx). They offer UV (ultraviolet) protection in the deal. Make sure you get both UVA & UVB protection. DNK if both are offered, there are companys only offering UVA protection. Most likely not in this case but be prepared to pay some if you want UVB. Also unsure if UV protection is considered Rx. May have to pay tax (only) on this. Likewise, don't think tinting is offered here, will have to pay extra & is taxed because not Rx. Same as scratchcoat which is part of the deal, not likely Rx. BTW, if tax is charged, it will most likely be charged as a flatrate generated from the highest Metropolitan area, LA is the highest that I know of @ 9 3/4%. If Bay Area is higher %, everyone will pay that rate if applicable, because Co probably dont want to fool around with nickels so as to expedite matters. Note that progressive lenses can't be tinted at Lensway. DNK if astigmatism is covered or not in their deal because could have sworn I just read on their Facebook that it's additional time/labor for lens preparation. My highlighted sentence is further explained in the next paragraph.

You MUST have your Rx in front of you when applying (duh) or must know the numbers. If u have prescription with u, (I forget if O.D. [or O.S] is right or left eye but it's explained in lensway's Facebook acct; and NO u do not have to fan them to read their info) look at it. If you have (a) number(s) under CYL you have astigmatism for that particular eye. FYI, the AXIS discribes the amount of "degrees" to correct the astigmatism for that particular eye. You must know these #'s also (if applicable) for lenses to be effective. Be prepared. You must know the P.D. (measurement distance) and MUST give this measurement [in millimeters (mm)] to lensway. If your lucky, the number is printed on your prescription. I'm unlucky because on my past 2, the P.D.# is listed on prescription, but is left blank on both. You can call Optometrist (n/concerned w/spelling at this point so bear w/me) or whomever crafted the lenses to find out the measurement. One of them should have it on file OR you can do-it-yourself. The P.D. is the distance from left pupil to right pupil in mm. Yep, need a metric ruler or meter stick. Some of the freebie hunters may have this. If it's a dual ruler, make sure you measure with the correct side. The metric intervals for mm are considerably closer together then standard U.S ruler measurements. Lensway suggests (and me too) that you have an additional person or 2 (2 others would be best if independant readings are taken. Chase one measurer away & hide your measurement). You could, but shouldn't measure yourself. The "Measuree" (oh good word 4 this case) needs to be looking straight ahead. The "Measurer" needs to get to eye level with Measuree for accuracy and measure pupil to pupil. Now one (Measurer) should gulp for two reasons: 1) because distance from eye to eye is alot of mm and measurements of this distance should not be measured in mm. Prescious stones (diamonds, rubies, etc; not talkin about the Axe "dirty balls") are normally measured in mm; but I do believe it is eye-to-eye.; 2) Fb (Facebook) for Lensway is unclear as to whether you measure from center of one eye to center of other. It distinctly says to measure to center of the "other eye" (one eye) but does not specify the starting point as to the center of pupil. Common sense would dictate to measure (in mm) from center of pupil of one eye to center of pupil of other eye to get your P.D. So, Measurer #1 step up to victim, get to eye level with each other, hold the measuring device as level as possible (use nose for leverage), measure and jot down the distance between those baby blues, hazel, brown or bloodshot eyes. Now, pull away ruler & do it again. Jot the # again. Pull away again and jot #. Keep doing this until you have a consistent distance (4 or more times repeating especially if getting different readings). This is an important # which is obviously why it is measured in mm, which are the smallest standard listed measures on any ruler & why u should repeat process & have a 2nd person measure also. FYI, a programmed rocket just being off by 1% on its trajectory will totally miss the moon. Closeness counts in horseshoes & this (and NASA/JPL related rocketry). Probably being off by 1mm will be ok, but probably not 2mm. If applicable, chase away Measurer #1 with the jotted #'s (definately want independant readings w/no cheating) & have #2 measure away in same manner and jotting down readings. Hopefully the 2 sources will measure the same, otherwise have them measuring & viewing together. I suggest call the Opto or lens makers to obtain P.D. If PD will not be given to u, ask exact instructions how to achieve mm# & you now know what is expected of you. DO NOT measure PD distance using your glasses, this WILL NOT work for 2 reasons. 1st you will probably not get the exact centering points; 2nd and biggest reason is due to the curvature of the lenses. You will be off with too high a PD.

This is not a walk-in (anywhere) freebie. As discussed above they will send glasses to you & most likely charge you. You must pick your lenses & frame style online. NOWHERE that I saw (remember I just skimmed Fb around for areas of concern) gave an indication as to the maximum amount $$ allowed by freebie. All us Cali's would love to have diamond-studded Gucci's (lol if spelled this wrong) wrapped around us, but one has to believe there will be a max amount to be given as free. The frames online are priced out, I dk about the lens prices. This highlighted sentence will be addressed in the next paragraph. Patience, I'm in the homestretch, and the best info is coming up.

Answers to any questions I've raised here or that you have come up with may be answered in the options listed below:

1) Toll Free: 1-877-LENSWAY (536-7929). Fb said they have WEEKEND hours. Yes strange. Sunday appears to be the last time to get a hold of a live person before freebie kicks in on the 31st. The hours on Sunday are 9:30a - 10:00pm. (PST)

2) E-mail: inquiry@lensway.com or

3) E-mail: customerservice@lensway.com

Since 500 pr. are so few, most likely this transaction will need to be accomplished within 10 mins from point of the mass e-mail code they will send. You will have no time to dilly-dally. You all know Lensway has no idea what's going to hit them on 31st. With 3 correspondance methods listed above, find out what maximum amount of freebie is; Is there charge for shipping and if so is FREESHIP code valid for this?; Charge for case?; UVA & UVB?; If I (you) will be charged for shipping of item if needs to be returned - Note that I read that they will give you metered postage to return item; BUT POSTAGE MAY NOT BE ISSUED FOR A FREEBIE?; etc. Knowledge is good. Any delay will decrease your chances to get. Do a dry run practice purchase & use autofill. Will you be able to answer every question immediately? Keep a crib sheet in front of you will all the data needed. Know your P.D., SPH's, CYL, AXIS; name of glasses and the model#. Know which lenses you want or need. If you don't know even 1 item b4 checkout, you WILL lose out - and I'm positive every Owner/MOD here will agree 100% on that statement. Which reminds me, try to find out approx. what time e-mail (code) will be sent (maybe find out what time business opens that day (WED) - I didn't see it). Sit on your e-mail 1hr before they tell u. Maybe the mass e-mail will be automatically generated at midnite (PST- they're in CA) 30th/31st? - because by the time you wake up may be gone. And 1 more possible trick u can ask about, whether you can call the freebie in by phone. They normally take orders over the phone, but dk if in this case. Are they offering free bifocals or single-vision only?

Finally, pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee? 815535 payment is accepted by: VISA, M/C, DISCOVER, AMEX, & PAYPAL ACCT online. Also may pay by phone (in this case?) or money order. Have your method of payment ready if necessary (I think u will need to). If I came away from this with a pair of glasses for less than $20, I would still call that a freebie. Don't bother to apply if u aren't ready or prepared to pay something for this. And last, anyone who gets further info re this, PLEASE post it for all. DONE.

germany offer
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:23 pm

oh man..

i think i will move this to deals to good to pass up section.

thanks germany!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 pm

well i am staying hopeful that they are free. the email said congrats i was on the list and that on mar 31st, i would receive another email giving the details on how to snag my free pair. pair of glasses on March 31st -calif. only- small fee? 936858
but i am sure there has already been 500, so this probably should be moved to the graveyard.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down