Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Opinions Please! :)

5 posters

Go down

Opinions Please! :) Empty Opinions Please! :)

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Ok. Because I am short on money for Christmas, I was thinking of using samples I got along with some dollar tree stuff (slippers, towel, etc) to make gift baskets. I have over 30 Shampoo and Conditioner packets... Some of the trial size bottles too... Tons of lotions... Etc... Make up... Blah blah blah...

Do you guys think it would be a "rude" thing to do if I was to give sample stuff as gifts (it would have normal stuff like I said but would be cheap)?

Its the thought that counts, right? Or should I not even bother?

If someone wouldnt appreciate it, then I can always give it to someone else as well... I dont know, I'm kinda in a pickle LOL
TwiztidYoshi03
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Opinions Please! :) Empty Re: Opinions Please! :)

Post by flameworker Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 pm

I think gift baskets are a great idea Opinions Please! :) 198282 or another fun idea would be to get some stockings (may be cheaper than a basket) from the $1 store and stuff them ....... people expect travel sized items in stockings anyways Opinions Please! :) 502925 and you could personalize them but putting their name on the stocking...... and who doesn't love digging out all the gifts, some of this and some of that. Gift baskets like you said are also a fun idea and hey sample sized products are excellent for camping and trying new items you may not normally buy for yourself. Opinions Please! :) 191807
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:56 am

I think the idea is fine... Like you said its the thought that counts. I do agree with Flame though, use stockings. This year my Kids, Mom, Brother his GF and my BF are all only doing stocking stuff for Christmas and a Yummy dinner. I have a huge box full of samples and product review stuff and most all that is going into stockings. Plus freebies i have got from the stores like CVS and Walgreens plus stuff i got cheap from coupons. I don't like spending money but i know when i give people all these goodies they are all always happy and love to hear how i got them (they know i do sampletrain and reviews & love to get a bargain)

So i say GO FOR IT leaf
Litlbel
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:01 am

Awesome! Thanks Flame and Litlbel Smile
The Stocking idea is really neat. I think I might do that hehe
I just hope they like it Wink
TwiztidYoshi03
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 am

I totally agree with Flame and Litlbel.......I think it is a great idea...I have always used my freebies as stocking stuffers and I wrap each item in it....This way it takes longer to enjoy the contents of the stocking.....hahaha..... Yeah, I would go with the stocking idea over the basket...... It is as much fun making up the stocking as it is opening the stuff!!!!!!
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatter_Brain Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I agree about using stockings and I don't see how anyone could perceive the samples as being rude. I know I would appreciate any effort that someone when out of their way to try and do something like that for me.
Scatter_Brain
Scatter_Brain
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Okie dokie Smile.Thank you everyone Smile

Hope they do enjoy it. <3
TwiztidYoshi03
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Ok I did a stocking for the little boy (filled with toys). And for the 3 ladies (Chris' aunt, cousin and niece) I did do a gift basket, and it turned out, GREAT! <3 I love it so much! Eye masks, lotions, bath salts (HUGE), razors (cousin and aunt), make up, and I did fill a few spots with shampoo/conditioner samples (made it "tasteful"). Not done with it yet! Each basket I would say is valued at 15-20 bucks each and I only spent about 10 bucks! I just, I am blown away, it doesnt look "cheap" at all!
Today I spent .19 cents at Target (won $20 gc) and $19 at dollar tree. All for 4 peoples Christmas presents! I love these baskets, I swear I am like on a high from all the savings and that I got to do this for them because we are so short on money and this was the only week before Christmas we would only have extra to spend on anyone. So I am SO happy that we got to do this and I am sure they are going to LOVE it. BOING BOING!!! hehe
TwiztidYoshi03
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Opinions Please! :) 198282 Opinions Please! :) 299706That's fantastic girl!!! I'm glad it all worked out so well Opinions Please! :) 212423
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks! <3
TwiztidYoshi03
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down