Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

How much is sales tax where you live???

+9
jersma
SVaughn21
germany offer
KORFIZZLE
Kathleen
flameworker
wandadh
hissprout
i_love_the_ocean
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much is sales tax where you live???

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:18 pm

With the economy the way it is I bet it's worse than ever these days. We live in a rural town and our Shell station has been robbed 3 times in 3 weeks (same guy and he demands a pack of cigs and $40 every time) and has had drive offs as well. I'm sure theft all around has increased quite a bit.

Different times I tell ya. I remember when I was a kids not locking our doors on the house and putting up a tent in the yard and having a sleep over outside and not worrying about a thing. Not these days that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much is sales tax where you live???

Post by flameworker Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

We always pay first. I couldn't imagine doing it different. How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 213660 I don't like it when the gas dudes pumps my gas. I'm always in a hurry and don't wanna wait for them. Just give me the nozzle and I'll do it myself. How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 96774 How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 502925 Outta my way How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 719413
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:35 pm

Jill wrote:Oh, I'm guilty of pulling up on the wrong side as well. My excuse used to be because each of our cars had it on a different side but now both vehicles have on the same side so I can't use that excuse anymore. lol

That must be pain paying ahead of time. I like to fill it up to the top and you don't know how much that would come to.

Kathleen....my hubby is from PA. How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 561787 Paying ahead must be a location thing there because where he's from he didn't have to pay ahead. I do remember having to pay ahead in Ohio when we made a trip to PA. It was a really bad area, hubby told me roll up the windows, don't look at anyone and lock the doors. Not a good feeling.

hey i used to do that sometimes but then i saw a tip on the radio! if you look at your gauge it will tell you which side its on! like...

How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 Fuel-gauge this one means its on the driver side!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:45 pm

wow that's a nifty lil tip.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by i_love_the_ocean Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:49 pm

lol i was reading this thread and it started with the sales tax, then pulling up on the wrong side now i see a gauge!! we really all get sidetracked... coz WE ALL TALK A LOT! lol

good tip Laura, darn i dont drive! duh
i_love_the_ocean
i_love_the_ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Laura, good tip....have to remember to check it out!

Jill, I am in the Poconos...When I first moved here, it wasn't that way. Now I am used to it lol I guess they got rid of the honor system here...too many drive offs.

Ocean, you are right! We do tend to go off on tangents...that's what I love about this site.....I wasn't given a Chatty Cathy doll as a child for nothing.... lol... lol
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:53 pm

LOL ocean i was thinking the same thing earlier lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:46 pm

How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 261812 Flame! I'll give you a few more years and you'll appreciate them pumping it for you. With our winters, I'd love having that luxury.

Laura.....you know it, I just had to go and check and sure enough our vehicles have that little arrow. I never realized that. Now I have something up on hubby. I guess I rely to much on all of the lights, voice prompts, etc. That simply little arrow has probably been on cars forever and I never knew it. Could have saved me from some embarrassment in the past. lol Thanks for the tip!

Ocean....It's all good. lol Thank goodness we have a chatter box thread.

Last edited by Jill on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Missing words, spelling messed up, yada yada yada, fixing it as someone changed the word embarrassment)

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:53 pm

lol thumbs up
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by KORFIZZLE Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:10 pm

This will sound totally funny. Its illegal.
KORFIZZLE
KORFIZZLE
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by germany offer Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Get to know L.A.:
Gas Stations: (a) Of course taxed. Over 20¢ per/gal (b)make sure you have air in your tires because very few stations have air (or water) nozzles. The ones that do you have to pay for it. Exception is ARCO stations where if you buy gas (or food?) they will give you the air. (c) pay first always but there are ATM-like machines to handle transaction by credit,cash,debit card & will spit out receipt if requested. Go to attendant for problems, change, request air or to purchase gas if you're afraid of machine.
TV's/computers & other electronics: $50-$100 recycling fee charged upon purchase (I think) & $50-$100 charge to recycle when brought back to store. However, there are 1-2X yearly electronic recycling round-ups where you bring in item(s) for recycling & there are no questions and no charges.
Cigarettes: Taxed over $1 per/pak (built into price) & taxed again on purchase.
Oil Changes: $2 surcharge for oil/filter disposal tacked on to bill.
Candy: For about 2 yrs. (about 10yrs ago) candy was taxed in L.A. It took a general election vote to remove.
Postage: Only thing I can think of not taxed besides most non-served and non-hot prepared food, non-carbonated & non-alcoholic bevs, CRV (although some illegally do) and attractions (Stadiums, Disneyland admission- but they [and everyone] charge a fortune for Parking).

Re Gas Stations & driving off w/o paying: Another problem going on now is people stealing big quantities of food. Ex: At Costco people are filling up shopping carts with food and heading for the exits. Employee is to check receipts but thief bulldozes past. The employees are forbidden from leaving post & with no security (cutting expenses) around they get off scott-free without even a chase. Been told this has been happening several times per day per store!

germany offer
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:52 am

ya..... welcome to california.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by KORFIZZLE Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:53 pm

flameworker wrote:I was told it's because it is something that give the people work. If you pump your own gas then you're taking away their job. Am I right about that Korfizzle?

This will sound funny.... Its because it's against the law....
KORFIZZLE
KORFIZZLE
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:14 pm

.......but it's against the law because by pumping your own gas you are taking away jobs from people. It's the same reason picking blackberries in Oregon is illegal...it take the jobs away from the workers who pick the berries.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Here in Tennessee tax is 9.75%!!!
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:09 am

Wow Laura. I never knew that before about the arrow thing on the dash by the fuel meter. I went to check it out on our SUV and your right! It said < Fuel Door. With the arrow like I just typed it. Which means it's of course on the drivers side of the car. Neato!!
Of course I always know it's on my side where I drive, but this is good to know if your driving someone else's car or a rental or something. Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to pass it along.Smile

Here the sales tax is 6% on non food items. The food has no tax on it so far. I'm in Florida.
Some gas station you do have to pay first if your parked far, but if your not like Walmart and your close to the middle of the payment booth with a person inside then you can pump and then pay afterwards. But other stations you pay first then pump. If you payed too much they give you your amount back and just take what they needed in cash (if you payed cash) for the gas you took.
Here you just leave any tv's or other funiture at the edge of the street and a truck will come by and take it away for ya. That is if your living in a house. Now, if your living in a an apartment I don't know how it works. I think you just leave it by the dumpster and someone comes to take it.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:14 am

Picking blackberries against the law.......unreal! How much is sales tax where you live??? - Page 2 295360 There's tax dollars at work I tell ya. I'm sure there are more important issues than that that they could work on.

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrylovesronnie Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:46 pm

6% in Pennsylvania...we also have to pay before we pump.we have no gas stations around us where people pump the gas for us...they went out of business...

sherrylovesronnie
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2