Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

WalMart couponing

+6
wicked1
Laura
jersma
Patty432
wandadh
loves2sav$$
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WalMart couponing Empty WalMart couponing

Post by loves2sav$$ Mon May 03, 2010 9:01 pm

So last night, I went to Wal-Mart, tried to purchased 2 green giant steamers, 2 sponges, 4 boxes of ziplock slider bags, & some other stuff. All had a coupon. Well, the cashier told me they don’t do double coupons; I was like What'chu talk'nbout Willis" LOL

really tho' WalMart couponing 68990 WalMart couponing 413234

I had a coupon for each item. I had to do a separate transaction for my 2nd items. Has anyone heard of such a thing? I even took a copy of Wal-Mart’s coupon policy. The Mgr. said they were only following what the coupon read “limit one coupon per purchase of product/s indicated". Ummmmmmmm... am I reading the coupon wrong or do I take it to use one coupon one item regardless, all in the same transaction, regarless of the number of items. Oy! I've heard couponing at WalMart is a hassle. It sure sounds like it.

Another thing I took notice of, is that WalMart deals are no better than the deals at CVS & Walgreens, when they "are" on sale, especially more so because of the RR & ECB's. I know where I'll need to do my shopping from now on. Humph!!!
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

WalMart couponing Empty Re: WalMart couponing

Post by wandadh Mon May 03, 2010 9:17 pm

That is why I call Walmart --WallyWorld--cause they think the world revolves around them.
wandadh
wandadh

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Mon May 03, 2010 9:21 pm

4 realz!
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Mon May 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Sounds like the manager is an idiot. It says that on free coupons from House Party but they let me use them all at once in one transaction. I use a ton of coupons at Walmart and have only had issues when its men checkers. I think its because they are to lazy to do the coupons and expect you to back down because your a woman. Either that, or they get sassy because they are embarassed that they are men working at Walmart and it makes them feel better about themselves talking down to us and treating us like we are dumb little women. BUT I never back down. I always tell them that I always do this and have never had a problem and if they need to get the district manager on the phone, I will wait. I too whip out the coupon policy.
I would email Walmart about it and over dramatize. You may get a Walmart GC out of it. lol
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Mon May 03, 2010 9:50 pm

most stores have a policy about taking multiples of coupons- some are maxed at 4 for like items.
isn't it strange that there are more coupons out there now and more hassles in trying to redeem them??? i tried to use the $4 off pace picante sauce coupon but the item was only $3.99 and the scanner wouldn't take the coupon and they couldn't override it - this was at albertsons. i had to go back and get a HUGE bottle at $6.99 to use the coupon.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Tue May 04, 2010 12:05 am

@ Patty: You're right. I meant to call WalMart, but forgot. I deserve a g/c and that butt't mgr. nds a talk'n.

Jersma, I'm really surprised Albertson made you do that...sheeesh.... I'm surprised. Oh well. I guess it all depends on the cashier b/c some don't care & some don't know what they're doing, they rather not take our coupons. I'll tell you what ladies, coupons are currency, and from now on, you don't mess with my currency. WalMart couponing 221188 .
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue May 04, 2010 12:19 am

OH MAN! FYI........ I USED TO WORK AT WALMART..........THEY ARE WRONG, THEY DO TAKE MULTIPLE COUPONS SO LONG AS YOU HAVE A PRODUCT FOR AS MANY COUPONS YOU HAVE. SUCH AS 2 SPONGES FOR 2 COUPONS SAYING ONE COUPON PER PURCHASE, GET IT??

I AGREE WITH PATTY, GET THE DISTRICT MANNY ON THE PH AND HOLLA!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 am

District Managers can be located in person or by phone? What do you suggest? I even told the Assistant Mgr. (won't abbreviate assistant b/c of what it did on my last post, it spelled out butt. LOL)

Anyways, I told the Assistant Mgr. it creates more work for her employees and the lines only get longer, she said no longer than they're gonna get and no more work than it would create anyways. Oh man..........she was like "whatever".
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 am

hahahahahhaha how bout asst. and they can be called. they are not usually in the store.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Tue May 04, 2010 1:39 am

I usually don't get too much of a hassle from Walmart. However, I have had that same problem with Albertson's, and they say they can't over-ride anything. Then, my question is, what good is it to have a manager, if they haven't the authority to over-ride a transaction?!?! Besides, they get their money back for every coupon. You would think it was coming directly out of their own pocket. Getting back to Walmart, one time I had a coupon I had torn out, instead of using scissors. Can you believe the cashier whipped out a pair of scissors and trimmed it? She said they get chewed out for accepting "non-cut" coupons. I rarely tear out coupons. I like them neatly cut, too. GEESH!!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Tue May 04, 2010 1:47 am

Oh my gosh..........wow! That's all I have to say about that neat & perfect cashier. WOW!!! WalMart couponing 594718
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:22 am

I've really cut back on going to Walmart because of the hassle they give me about coupons. I'll take my business elsewhere! Every time I have a coupon for a free item, they make a big deal about it and have to call 2 different people over to verify that it's legit. These are not internet coupons, they are manufacturer coupons and that's clearly noticeable but they make a stink about it and I have to wait forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by clheer Tue May 04, 2010 8:27 am

I went to Target yesterday and I had (3) $4 dollars off "Buy 2 Gillette anti-persperants/Deodorant or Body Wash" On the clearance shelf I found (6) Gillette Body Washes for $1.25 each and a Covergirl Buy One Get One Free Face Product Coupon. So I picked up 2 face products.

Now during this shopping adventure I had quite a few other coupons, multiples even but these were the only 2 that the cashier had issues with. By the way, I was spending over $200 in this trip so that is what really irritated me in the end.

Cashier starts out by saying "You have to get the Anti-persperant kind"...I'm like "WHAT? It clearly states on the coupon Anti-persperant/Deodorant OR Body Wash". She obviously didn't know what Anti-persperant meant. Then she says "Well, you have to get the product pictured on the coupon" I respond with, "No I don't, it doesn't specify any particular TYPE on this coupon" Then she says "Well these are on clearance at $1.25 each and the coupon is for $4.00 off, how am I suppose to give you four dollars off when it only is costing you $1.25." and I said "because I'm spending over $200 dollars here!! AFTER all my other coupons." She said "No, I can't do that" so I told her to take them off the bill then. As for the Covergirl, she starts again with "you have to purchase the product that is pictured on the coupon" and again I say "No I don't, it doesn't specify a particular face product, I should be able to use this coupon" I didn't want to argue with her, she was deliberately being difficult. so I had her take those off the bill too.

I have never had problems with Target. It certainly is a "Depends on what cashier you get sort of deal."

As far as Wicked1's issue with Albertsons.....I shop at Albertsons every week. They know me there and they also know that when I'm in their line, expect a "STACK" of coupons. I average a 60%-70% savings every trip. So anyway, they can override ANYTHING!! Whether its in their coupon policy or not, they can. I've seen it happen.
clheer
clheer
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Tue May 04, 2010 9:03 am

I think when it comes down to it, the checkers are just jealous that they cant figure out how to do it and we can.
I always look for the checkers that dont give me issues when getting in line, even if its a little longer line, I know my sanity isnt at risk. lol
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by SVaughn21 Tue May 04, 2010 9:03 am

Albertsons *sighs* so I had bought some groceries there and got a coupon for a free reusable bag if I took a survey. So I did (I'm a sucker for all freebies) and the lady charged me for the bag. I calmly explained that the bag should have been free and she said it was. When I got my receipt, I saw that she'd charged me for the bag and showed her. She was a manager and actually argued with me over it. In the end, I got the bag for free, but it was a bad experience that made me not want to go back there.

SVaughn21
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Tue May 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Wow sounds crazy. They should have used them all at once. Man I would have cause a huge stink over that. Also I love love CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid. Between them and Safeway I always get the best deals. Sorry about your cruddy experience.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 pm

I personally haven't had any problems with our Walmart here. I did my grocery shopping on Monday and had like 6 coupons all for which I had products to. And the cashiers like to take all the coupons after ringing in all the products. They do all my coupons after towards the end and it always go smoothly. I even got my free 2 pack Dove of soap without any hassels. I love my Walmart and the employees. So far so good. I just go to cashiers that have been there the longest.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm

I don't shop at Target, but would have told them to put back all 200 bucks worth of stuff and walked out. I only go to Albertson's for their advertised items. I ALWAYS have a problem there. I, too, try to look for familiar cashiers at Walmart. They actually get a kick out of my coupons most of the time. But, if I have to, I'll stand there and argue with a cashier, manager, and anyone else who wants to listen. Don't get in the way of a shopper and their coupons!! Wink
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Tue May 04, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm totally calling WalMart right now. Reading all these posts has upset me enough to call them & let them know what's going on at my WalMart. They need to know. I'll be back.
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Good luck! And while you're at it, can you tell them their stores need new carts and benches placed back at different places in the store, instead of all of them being up front? LOL! What about people that might need to sit down halfway through. Our store took out the benches behind the cashier aisles, and I live in an area where lots of older people reside. Walmart really should think about regional areas, and treat them accordingly. Besides, all those older people can't "drive" all those crappy carts!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Wed May 05, 2010 12:35 am

LOL! So I called. They gave me the regional mgr's phone number, turned out to be "disconnected". So I called my WalMart & spoke to someone in the office, Kyle. He apologized profusely and said he was sending an e-mail to all his lead people, including the night supervisors to update them on their coupon policy. He said that I was in the right, by giving them 2 coupons for 2 products. He also understood my coupons were for cents off, not FREE stuff. And that they were cut outs from Sunday's inserts, not internet printables. We'll see what happens from here on.......I'll keep you posted. I'll probably go tomorrow to try out for a new couponing experience. WalMart couponing 836754
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 am

well good. let us know how it goes again because i would be curious to see if it happens again. THEN call reg.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by clheer Wed May 05, 2010 12:54 am

If I go to Customer Service in any store...ie target, walmart etc...I should be able to get a copy of their coupon policy right there....right??
clheer
clheer
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by loves2sav$$ Wed May 05, 2010 12:59 am

I would go to their internet website and print it from there because that's what the public knows & understands. What they give you in the store, maybe their own written policy; not WALMART corporation's policy. Catch my drift?
loves2sav$$
loves2sav$$
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by clheer Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am

I'm feeling it.

Thanks Smile
clheer
clheer
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down