Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

My Mom

+6
sherrylovesronnie
Deedee
lsmile4freebies
Laura
Patty432
jersma
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Mom Empty My Mom

Post by jersma Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Yesterday afternoon my mom was rushed to the ER. She was really slurring her words and taking nonsense. She has had some other medical issues of late but these symptoms were new and scary for my dad. After many many long hours, they admitted her. They had to clean out her lungs (took a couple of hours) and then put her on oxygen - she wasn't getting much oxygen at all. She slept for over 20 hours the day before and that was cuz her body couldn't function without the oxygen. She thought is was due to the new meds for the thyroid and the her told her to up the dose (without seeing her or checking things out!) They also have her on some heavy duty antibiotics for another condition that her dr. wasn't treating but she had been complaining about for several months. We will know more later today when her dr. comes in and reviews the all tests that the ER dr. did last night. Seems if you want to get accurate and good medical care you need to go thru the ER and not rely on the many doctors the HMO assigns for you to stay in contact with each other.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

My Mom Empty Re: My Mom

Post by Patty432 Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:03 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Jersma. I hope her test results come back with some good news. I will keep her in my thoughts and know that we are all here for you. My Mom 974791
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm

jersma im so sorry! sad
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:36 pm

I hope all turns out well, and she is well taken care of and before you know it she will be back on her feet again before christmas. My Mom 809394
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Oh Jersma, doesn't that just make you want to go .....grrrrrr....I would be so mad. I can't believe they just assumed that about her meds and upped the dose. It's a good thing your dad was on top of it and took her in to the ER. i know you all have been through a lot n the last 24 hours. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrylovesronnie Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 am

my prayers are with you.

sherrylovesronnie
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:06 am

Hope everything turns out okay, my thoughts and prayers are there for you and your family.
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 am

thanx guys! i am headed off to the hospital today. seems they (the HMO) decided to switch drs. so maybe she will get the treatment she needs now. i really hate hospitals so this should be a really fun trip. lol
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:07 pm

Good...I hope she will get a better doctor. That is some scare and I hope all goes well now. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 pm

update: went to see my mom and had to wait for about 10 minutes. she pulled out one of her IV's and was bleeding all over the place. she has bruises all up and down her arms from the various times they took blood. she is off the face mask for oxygen and just has the thing in her nose. she wants out of there now! she thinks there are crazy things going on all around her. i think she is getting dementia. she was really pissed that her dr. hadn't come by for 2 days (she has only been there 2 1/2 days). my dad had to remind her that she has a new dr and she asked why I didnt know that then proceeded to tell me she wanted some pie for dinner. thanx for your thoughts and prayers - we are gonna need them more now than ever.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:24 pm

i hope it's not dementia...is there a history in your family? Cuz dementia is strongly genetic. It may just be the prolonged period of low oxygen, and hopefully she will come out of it soon.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Deedee wrote:i hope it's not dementia...is there a history in your family? Cuz dementia is strongly genetic. It may just be the prolonged period of low oxygen, and hopefully she will come out of it soon.
Thats what my grandma had. I really hope your mom doesnt have dementia Jersma. Its really sad to watch someone that has it and to see them like that is just heartbreaking.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:51 pm

i think my grandma had that - not sure.
i am hoping it is just the drugs and lack of oxygen. i guess we just have to wait it out and see.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 am

Jersma, I wish your mother well, she will be in my thoughts and prayers!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

My Mom Empty Update

Post by jersma Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Ok, my mom is home. The final diagnosis was she had congestive heart failure and was lucky they caught it when they did. I still can't imagine why her doctors NEVER caught on to that. She had been to the doctor only a few days before and when my dad called the dr. last friday, he said that he would call them on monday to see about having her come in. well, it was a good thing that my dad didnt think the dr. was smart and took her to the Er on sunday. a nurse came by this afternoon to show her how to track the meds she is on and when to call the dr & when to go straight to the ER & even when to call 911. she has a nicotine patch and is enrolled in the stop smoking classes. she is pissed that my dad threw away all her cigarettes. she had been hiding them all over the house, but he found them. lol
she is going to be going to the dr.s alot from now on. she has 2 appts set for next week and she is worried that my dad is going to get tired of taking her. i wish she would learn to worry about herself for a change. the cigarette thing is going to hurt the most, she has been smoking for over 50 years!
thanx for all your prayers, she needs them now more than ever. you guys are the best.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm

yay! jersma that is great she is home and that she is going to quit smoking- willing or not lol!

i will continue to pray and keep her in my thoughts! tell her quit being selfish and to quit for you and your dad! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Well there ya go. I told ya she'd be home before christmas!!!

Make this christmas this year extra special for the Lord has given you another christmas with her to celebrate!!!! Rejoice girl!!!! My Mom 198282
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Thats what my Uncle has. He just had a defibulator put in. I hope your mom will be okay, Im so glad that shes out of the hospital.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Jersma, let you mom try the Commit lozenges....they are so much better than the patch to try to quit! They are pricey, but comparable to the patch. And they WORK!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm

her patches are free thru the insurance and that way we dont have to remind her to chew gum or suck on a lozenge lol
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

well, just from personal experience, especially at first I know the lozenges take away the immediate craving...patches do not.....but yeah, free is always good.

check out this phone number, I know it is good in Washington State, but they ASK you what state you live in, so it must be good elsewhere, too. they offer free patches and gum
1-877-270-7867
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 pm

cool thanx!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 pm

hey why dont you post that in the call in section too?
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:57 pm

will do thumbs up
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down