Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

someone tried hacking my facebook account

+5
wicked1
Kathleen
Patty432
flameworker
Deedee
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

someone tried hacking my facebook account Empty someone tried hacking my facebook account

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:15 pm

yeah, when I got up today and read my email it said that i had tried changing my password, and here was the new link for me to change my password.....felt kinda weird. It was my personal one, not the save a buck one, but still...makes me a little paranoid. Why on earth would someone want my facebook account???
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

someone tried hacking my facebook account Empty Re: someone tried hacking my facebook account

Post by flameworker Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:18 pm

what???? someone tried hacking my facebook account 315687 That's crazy.....and fer what? someone tried hacking my facebook account 213660
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

someone tried hacking my facebook account Empty Re: someone tried hacking my facebook account

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Beats me???? confused
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Maybe they were trying to get some of your personal info. ID theft is everywhere now. Thats crazy!!!!
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:31 pm

if they only knew that my id would get them absolutely no where????
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:11 pm

That is scary.....I sometimes get email saying someone tried to hack into my paypal account and would I confirm and change my password. I don't have a paypal account....duh~
There are kooks out there that just want to mess with your account.
I hope that is the end of it.
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Deedee wrote:if they only knew that my id would get them absolutely no where????
lol me too!! My credit is probably worse than theirs. lol
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:45 pm

:rofl:
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:01 pm

They sure as heck don't want to be ME!!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey Wicked1, your rank just changed...yay Freebie Scavenger now!!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:51 am

Deedee wrote:if they only knew that my id would get them absolutely no where????

I always say the same thing.......... someone tried hacking my facebook account 719413 They would be better off stealing my wallet because of all the freebie coupons in it. someone tried hacking my facebook account 581326 HAHAHA Or they could empty it and make more $$$ selling the wallet then using the items in it. someone tried hacking my facebook account 719413
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:02 am

Deedee wrote:Hey Wicked1, your rank just changed...someone tried hacking my facebook account 198282 Freebie Scavenger now!!

That's really cool. Thanks! I didn't realize it! I just commented somewhere else in here how I didn't mind being a penny pincher. Ok, Now I'll be a Freebie Scavenger. YAY!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:08 am

someone tried hacking my facebook account 191807 wicked1!!! New status!!! someone tried hacking my facebook account 94725
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Terri77 Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:31 am

That is scary Dee..thanks for letting us know.Now im gonna go look at mine!!
Terri77
Terri77
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:59 pm

well, they DIDN'T get into it. I just got an email saying that I had requested a new password, which I did NOT so I knew someone was hacking.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:43 pm

deedee it could just be that they were trying to get your info - i get emails all the time about changing my pay pal or ebay accounts and i don't have either of them. the rule of thumb is NEVER click on a link in an email - go the site directly from your browser - especially for banks and credit card companies
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:50 pm

well, i clicked on the link and it took me directly to facebook....I knew that about that too, but didn't think when I clicked, but it really WAS facebook.....
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Kathleen wrote:That is scary.....I sometimes get email saying someone tried to hack into my paypal account and would I confirm and change my password. I don't have a paypal account....someone tried hacking my facebook account 991127~
There are kooks out there that just want to mess with your account.
I hope that is the end of it.
You know what Kathleen, they have sent me the same thing and I don't have or own any PayPal account at all. Never have. Or nor do I use my credit card online either. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Now I know it's all about a scam. Even though I always knew it was. But it's even more aknowlegable since I see everyone here has had the same email crap. someone tried hacking my facebook account 213660 someone tried hacking my facebook account 967701
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:18 am

Do you think I'll ever get my lottery winnings from Nigeria?!? someone tried hacking my facebook account 719413
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:31 am

well, we have an entire thread dedicated to all those lucky winners....check out the thread called "emails that are scams", there are some real doozies in there.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by tiggerchik Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:44 am

Did you reprt this to Facebook, Deedee? They should know that people are trying to hack into their members' accounts.
tiggerchik
tiggerchik
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

tiggerchik wrote:Did you reprt this to Facebook, Deedee? They should know that people are trying to hack into their members' accounts.
Yeah Dee. Especially since you actually HAVE one.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:58 pm

yeha, well, i didn't think of that....on the bottom of the email it said something like "if this message is received in error, just disregard this notice."
But it would prolly be a good idea for me to report it anyway.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:11 pm

wicked1 wrote:Do you think I'll ever get my lottery winnings from Nigeria?!? someone tried hacking my facebook account 719413

Good one someone tried hacking my facebook account 198282 But it is a shame that some people do believe it. I would love it if I had a rich, unknown relative that wanted to shower me with tons of money someone tried hacking my facebook account 94725
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Deedee wrote:yeha, well, i didn't think of that....on the bottom of the email it said something like "if this message is received in error, just disregard this notice."
But it would prolly be a good idea for me to report it anyway.
Yeah, I did it once long time ago. And it was about some kind of American Bank or something and I emailed them to let them know, and they were like thank you for letting us know. And it's not us. Disregard that phony email. We will look into it thank you for reporting it to us.
So I would if I were you so someone out there doesn't get the same email and make the mistake of thinking it's real. Ya know what I mean? someone tried hacking my facebook account 191807
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next