Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Need to vent

+6
Kathleen
Deedee
Laura
flameworker
jersma
Patty432
10 posters

Go down

Need to vent Empty Need to vent

Post by Patty432 Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:39 pm

I really hate it when you decide to have a lazy day and wear pajamas and no make up all day and then your husband has people come over, and doesnt tell you they are coming. Its like, do I put my face on and change my clothes. MEN!!! Really, you couldn't have warned me?? But if I do get all ready, doesnt that seen weird?? or no?? I dont no, Im just pissed!!!!!
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Need to vent Empty Re: Need to vent

Post by jersma Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:50 pm

well, i think it would be just common courtesy to tell you that people are coming over. i hate it when people just stop by - there are days when i am just not dressed for company LOL
of course now a days you can say you are feeling well, cough a bit and most people will just leave or leave you alone!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:00 pm

jersma wrote:well, i think it would be just common courtesy to tell you that people are coming over. i hate it when people just stop by - there are days when i am just not dressed for company Need to vent 148170
of course now a days you can say you are feeling well, cough a bit and most people will just leave or leave you alone!

Yup, what she said!! Need to vent 561787
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:03 pm

I HATE THAT! SERIOUSLY, IF IM CLEANING ALSO AND IN CRAP CLOTHES AND LOOK ALL PSYCHO-ISH W/ MY HAIR BECAUSE IVE BEEN SCRUBBING THEN DING DONG....OH HEY MY PARENTS ARE COMING OVER. THANK YOU JERK!!!!!!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:07 pm

My boyfriend moved to my hometown with me so all his friend as like 8 hours away!! No body stops by. When I was married it would happen all the time and I would chew him out for an hour after everyone left... Need to vent 719413
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Ha, I was just thinking, i really never have people just stop by. But then I live alone so its not like my "partner" could spring one on me like he did you Patty.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Especially since he new since this morning. I ended up doing a quick make up job and changed. But I didnt fix my hair at all. Oh, and my house was slightly messy, I was taking today off, and kitchen was a mess from breakfast. So I spent most of the time straightening up. I just hate that, I dont want people to think Im messy like this all of the time. So I may have been a little rude by not chating much, but crap. I didnt want this today.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Considering I just spent 4 hours cleaning my living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway and guest bath...... i hate people to see my house messy, but over the years, i have relaxed a bit on that. I used to make a mad dash & clean when i knew my parents were coming over - that i have gotten over.
what i don't understand is how it gets so dang messy and it is just me??? when i was cleaning closets looking for garage sale stuff i couldn't believe how dusty my hall closet was and I never go in there - where does the dust come from??
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Unexpected company is freak out time for me. I get so paranoid and nervous. Need to vent 815535
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krista Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:32 pm

omg patty i know all to well what you mean on the days my house is spotless and i am all showered and dressed no one comes over and on the days that i do laundry and dont bother making everything spotless and just lounge around the house in my pj's my hubby has his friends over or they just show up... a couple months ago my husband showed up with one of his friends who needed a place to stay and they both messed up my clean house grrr i swear some days all men should live on there own island lol
krista
krista
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by krista Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Laura wrote:I HATE THAT! SERIOUSLY, IF IM CLEANING ALSO AND IN CRAP CLOTHES AND LOOK ALL PSYCHO-ISH W/ MY HAIR BECAUSE IVE BEEN SCRUBBING THEN DING DONG....OH HEY MY PARENTS ARE COMING OVER. THANK YOU JERK!!!!!!!!

my parents live an hour and a half away and my mom calls 7 in the morning on the dot on the weekend and says she is coming up and i ask her what time and she is like " I AM PULLING UP TO YOUR HOUSE AS WE SPEAK" and she thinks i will be all excited instead i am trying to pick up the house and through on slothes and not one of my hubbys t-shirts as a nighty lol
krista
krista
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:43 pm

surprise! :rofl:
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:08 pm

I would be a little perturbed! I rarely have anyone just pop in, thank goodness! Most days I'm in my nightshirt. Some days the house looks great, some times it doesn't. I'm pretty much over getting stressed about such stuff. I have more important things to be concerned about. Most of the time, people come to see you, not your house, but, you're probably like me, and do it mostly for yourself! It's nice to have the house at least straightened!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 pm

wicked1 wrote:I would be a little perturbed! I rarely have anyone just pop in, thank goodness! Most days I'm in my nightshirt. Some days the house looks great, some times it doesn't. I'm pretty much over getting stressed about such stuff. I have more important things to be concerned about. Most of the time, people come to see you, not your house, but, you're probably like me, and do it mostly for yourself! It's nice to have the house at least straightened!

i agree....i have a clean house, but it's not because i am worried about what other people are thinking, its because I have this deep rooted obsession to always know where everything is located in my house. When things are out of place i can't keep track...so i go nuts. Yeah, I am certified!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:07 am

jersma wrote:Considering I just spent 4 hours cleaning my living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway and guest bath...... i hate people to see my house messy, but over the years, i have relaxed a bit on that. I used to make a mad dash & clean when i knew my parents were coming over - that i have gotten over.
what i don't understand is how it gets so dang messy and it is just me??? when i was cleaning closets looking for garage sale stuff i couldn't believe how dusty my hall closet was and I never go in there - where does the dust come from??

I have been trying to figure out for the last year and a half "where the dust is coming from". Need to vent 96774 It's incredible cuz you can dust the base boards over and over but still every time you run your finger across it there is a lil pile of dust on the tip. Need to vent 831422 It just reminds me of ths Golden Gate Bridge...it's soooo huge that when they paint it, once they're finished they just go back at the beginning and start again. Not that my house is nearly that big but it seems like once I'm done dusting I turn around and start dusting again. Need to vent 815535 I'm nuts about my house being a mess.....especially when people come by. I need at least 30 min to do a bonzai cleaning session. Need to vent 796435 Need to vent 796435
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:08 am

Dee, Do you have papers to prove it?!? Need to vent 52973
Need to vent 719413
Look what I found, everyone! Need to vent 907351
Thank you, Admin.!!!!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:18 am

uh huh.....and a laminated card I can carry in my wallet chicken dance
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrylovesronnie Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:45 pm

I used to have to put up with that when my hubbys sister lived close by us.she would just drop in with out telling us.my house is always cleaned.so i didn't have to worry about that.what got me more madder was i was still in my pj's and didn't want company.now that she moved away she lives about 2 hrs away she will call and say they are coming up but she calls when she is 25 minutes from our house.not nice at all.

sherrylovesronnie
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:56 pm

sherrylovesronnie wrote:I used to have to put up with that when my hubbys sister lived close by us.she would just drop in with out telling us.my house is always cleaned.so i didn't have to worry about that.what got me more madder was i was still in my pj's and didn't want company.now that she moved away she lives about 2 hrs away she will call and say they are coming up but she calls when she is 25 minutes from our house.not nice at all.

Need to vent 502925 Real nice.......she calls and says "I'm coming over"as she's pulling in the driveway!!! Need to vent 502925
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Laura wrote:I HATE THAT! SERIOUSLY, IF IM CLEANING ALSO AND IN CRAP CLOTHES AND LOOK ALL PSYCHO-ISH W/ MY HAIR BECAUSE IVE BEEN SCRUBBING THEN DING DONG....OH HEY MY PARENTS ARE COMING OVER. THANK YOU JERK!!!!!!!!
Wow, that would piss me off too. But luckly I don't have family here in town where I live and neither does my husband. So we never get company at all. Except when my landlord come to collect the rent. And I call him about that too and when would be a good time to catch me home and stuff. So we really don't have that problem at all. But if I was in your shoes and Patty's of course that would bother me. I don't want to look like I just got out of bed when people come over. It's just common sense. It's human nature to look decent when company comes over.

Deedee wrote:
wicked1 wrote:I would be a little perturbed! I rarely have anyone just pop in, thank goodness! Most days I'm in my nightshirt. Some days the house looks great, some times it doesn't. I'm pretty much over getting stressed about such stuff. I have more important things to be concerned about. Most of the time, people come to see you, not your house, but, you're probably like me, and do it mostly for yourself! It's nice to have the house at least straightened!

i agree....i have a clean house, but it's not because i am worried about what other people are thinking, its because I have this deep rooted obsession to always know where everything is located in my house. When things are out of place i can't keep track...so i go nuts. Yeah, I am certified!
I'm the same way too. I'm in my big tshirts and pj pants if I'm staying home all day. And when of course I go out then I do my makeup and hair and stuff. But I'm very like you when it comes to having my house organized. I know exactly where everything is because when I need something I like to know where the heck it's at. Not look all over the house like a mad woman for an hour for it. I keep the house clean and organized for my own sakes and my family too. So it's easy for us to keep the house clean. Dust and clean the bathroom and vacuum and stuff like that. And then once or twice a year look through the house to see if we can get rid of stuff we don't use or need. Like right now I can do a yard sale but see this past friday I had to take 5 items or less for the Halloween white elephant auction to raise money for our group, so I took 5 items and they sold there. It all comes back to us. So this came in handy. Now I have stuff set aside for this kinda stuff that we have alot in our Red Hat group. So it's cool for me to have a pile of stuff we don't use or need so when I need something I just go directly there and pull out stuff. I like it. It all comes back to use for prizes and games and food and stuff. Need to vent 191807
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Hey, that is a great idea Ismile. I was keeping all my "garage sale " items in my front closet, but I just got sick of having no space one day and hauled it all off to Goodwill. Well, actually I should say Ldl hauled it off to Goodwill for me!!

But yeah, when I was a kid we didn't have a very tidy house, so we were always looking for something. And when I got my own place I have every since then been OBSESSED with always knowing where every single thing is. I remember when the kids were little and I would misplace something like my sewing scissors or hairbrush, the whole house came to a stop until that item was found. Poor kids, they had to put up with my neurosis... dancing tomato
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Deedee wrote:Hey, that is a great idea Ismile. I was keeping all my "garage sale " items in my front closet, but I just got sick of having no space one day and hauled it all off to Goodwill. Well, actually I should say Ldl hauled it off to Goodwill for me!!

But yeah, when I was a kid we didn't have a very tidy house, so we were always looking for something. And when I got my own place I have every since then been OBSESSED with always knowing where every single thing is. I remember when the kids were little and I would misplace something like my sewing scissors or hairbrush, the whole house came to a stop until that item was found. Poor kids, they had to put up with my neurosis... Need to vent 15663
Yeah, I took after my mom and my mom's mom (grandmother) . They always knew where to find what item and went directly toward it and I did my room growing up the same way, so now I do my house the same way and I passed it to my daughter and she's organized too. We are neat and know where all are stuff is at. We hate not finding something it drives us batty!!! Need to vent 841435
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 am

I'm not THAT organized. I think it's pretty cool that you keep all your garage sale type stuff in one place. Amazing! I know where MY stuff is, but when it comes to HD, well, that's another story. Things rarely find their way back to where they came from. GRRRRRRrrrrrrr. I think this saying must be true...."You can't teach an old dog new tricks!"

Need to vent 488527
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down