Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean?

+2
la.vie.boheme
BPLinda
6 posters

Go down

Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean? Empty Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean?

Post by BPLinda Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 am

I'am trying to apply for a job what does it mean? I Never worked before, help , Thanks! Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean? 561787
BPLinda
BPLinda
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean? Empty Re: Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean?

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 pm

It means how long were you at your last or current job, but since you haven't worked before, then you don't have to worry about that question. Smile
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean? Empty Re: Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean?

Post by Deedee Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:17 pm

la.vie.boheme wrote:It means how long were you at your last or current job, but since you haven't worked before, then you don't have to worry about that question. Smile

yep, yep! What she said!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Don't worry Linda, heck I didn't know the meaning of that word either till now. It's not a word people use frequently so it's not a common word. But here at Save A Buck you get knowledge in the strangest yet best things man. And I have been working since I can remember and never seen that word in an application so that is new to me. But you know the ol' saying..."Learn Something New Everyday!!", and that's no lie!!! Thanks for not being shy or embarressed to come in here and asking. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who didn't know either. Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean? 809394 Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean? 971900
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:15 pm

I have not applied for a job since '95 but I've never seen that in an application either. Are you trying to work at a school??? What cha trying to get a job doin'? Hello! What does Tenure in last or current position Mean? 525190
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:23 pm

yeah, cuz "tenure" usually implies a teaching position????
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 pm

YUP YUP
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:43 pm

ten⋅ure  [ten-yer]

–noun
1. the holding or possessing of anything: the tenure of an office.
2. the holding of property, esp. real property, of a superior in return for services to be rendered.
3. the period or term of holding something.
4. status granted to an employee, usually after a probationary period, indicating that the position or employment is permanent.

basically they are asking how long you had your last or current position. employers are getting really tricky with their wording nowadays. it does weed out a lot of candidates and there are still millions of us looking for a job.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by BPLinda Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:42 pm

Thank You All! ♥ much luv lol
BPLinda
BPLinda
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down