Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support...

+3
Kathleen
Deedee
la.vie.boheme
7 posters

Go down

I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support... Empty I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support...

Post by la.vie.boheme Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:05 am

I don't usually talk about my feelings, or show "signs of weakness", but I really need someone to talk to right now.

I got my grades a few minutes ago (they are posted online) for the last quarter. I got 2 As and an A-. I was so upset. I cried. I feel like I worked so hard. I set a personal goal and I failed. I had a 4.0. Now I will never have one again, my grade point average is 3.9 now. It may seem petty to some, but for me it was important.

Everyone says I am too hard on myself. I am a perfectionist. Too much so. I should be happy with these grades. I know I should be, but I'm not. I know it's gone too far when I'm unhappy with grades like these. I just don't know how to stop.

I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to be back in school and complete my degree. I also know it is my last chance and I need to do it right to be successful. I am so worried I'm going to screw up, and won't make anything of myself. I need to relax. I need to be easier on myself. I just don't know how.

I don't know what to do.
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support... Empty Re: I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support...

Post by Deedee Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 am

Jacquie,
Go ahead, kick yourself in the butt....for a minute. You had a goal. But it is not like you missed it by a mile. But let your disappointment be a driving force to make you try harder next time. Do NOT think that your feelings are not valid. But don't dwell in them. Use them to help you move forward. You have a right to feel disappointed. Don't let anyone tell you that you are being silly. We all know how hard you worked on this and how much it meant to you. Be mad at yourself....but only for a day or two. Then get back up, dust yourself off and move on.

Your perfectionism is a good trait for someone aspiring to be a great chef...I envision a restaurant owner or something along those lines. But don't let it paralyze you. Don't get in the mind set that if you can't be the best, you don't want to do it at all. That would be self defeating.

And then years down the road, when all this is behind you, you can tell yourself that it may not have been the 4.0 you were shooting for, but by God it was a 3.99999!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support... Empty Re: I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support...

Post by Kathleen Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:18 am

You are a driven person. I know it may seem as though you didn't make your goal but, believe me, you certainly did. You should be so proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.
One can't help their feelings so it is not silly to feel the way you do. I know it might be hard to concentrate on the positive side of this situation for you feel as though you failed.
Maybe if you sat back and thought about it, you will see how special you are! Whatever you do in the future, it will be a roaring success. I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support... 183107
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:30 am

Girl, you have so many reasons to be proud of yourself. The commitment of going to school and striving to work hard and get good grades is awesome
Being a reformed lol perfectionist, i know how you feel. Just remember, that was yesterday, today you have new goals to achieve and don't let yesterday stop you from getting there.
I am proud of you! Congrats to you.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by hissprout Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:31 pm

jersma wrote:Girl, you have so many reasons to be proud of yourself. The commitment of going to school and striving to work hard and get good grades is awesome
Being a reformed I don't usually do this, but I'm turning to my Save-A-Buck friends for support... 502925 perfectionist, i know how you feel. Just remember, that was yesterday, today you have new goals to achieve and don't let yesterday stop you from getting there.
I am proud of you! Congrats to you.

exactly what i was going to say! Things will get better hun. Just look at the bright side. Things are not always as bad as they seems. Good luck girl! We are all here for you
hissprout
hissprout
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:56 pm

yes, everyone gets upset when they dont reach a goal that they have set for themselves but that is not hat you should focus on. focus on how well you did do! You accomplished something that not many could accomplish. The definition of being successful is not based on a GPA it is based on what you accomplish in your life. You HAVE accomplished a great deal and you becoming a chef will show exactly how successful you are. here is a few quotes i enjoyed and if you read carefully they can apply to you.
The real secret of success is enthusiasm.

Walter Chrysler

The great French Marshall Lyautey
one asked his gardener to plant a tree.

The gardener objected
that the tree was slow growing
and would not reach maturity for 100 years.

The Marshall replied,
In that case, there is no time to lose,
plant it this afternoon!
[b]John F. Kennedy

[/b]
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks everyone, it means a lot to me. I just still feel like I didn't do as well as I could have.
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 am

la.vie. someone in the above thread said something like you should be proud even for going to school. They are right....you can be proud that you are going to school and setting high goals and trying your best. I know what it feels like to think you won't make anything of yourself but things always work out. I have been in some low places and thinking nothing will work. I start to worry about what I'm going to do when I'm 60 and all that but through it all you just have to have faith that it will all pan out in the end. You rock girl!! You really really should pat yourself on the back!!! It's always the people who are hard on themselves that make it really far in this world.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:12 am

I agree ^
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down