Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Eggo recall

4 posters

Go down

Eggo recall Empty Eggo recall

Post by Patty432 Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 am

Why they are only recalling the Cinnamon ones, I dont know. It was found in the Buttermilk Eggos, you would think those would be recalled too.

Georgia Department of Agriculture press release--Kellogg closed the plant voluntarily for investigation and cleaning:

Georgia Agriculture Department finds Listeria in sample of Eggo Buttermilk Waffles at Atlanta plant

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A laboratory test by the Georgia Department of Agriculture (GDA) found Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of Kellogg’s Buttermilk Eggo Waffles manufactured at an Atlanta plant.

The sample was taken as part of a routine inspection by GDA of the Kellogg’s plant at 5601 Bucknell Dr. SW, Atlanta. This product was not shipped into the marketplace.

While no illnesses have been reported, out of an abundance of caution, Kellogg is voluntarily recalling a limited number of the following products produced in the same facility:

• Kellogg's®️ Eggo®️ Cinnamon Toast waffles, 10-count package, UPC code 3800040440 with “Best If Used Before” dates beginning with: NOV22 10 EA, NOV23 10 EA and NOV24 10 EA.
• Kellogg’s®️ Eggo®️ Toaster Swirlz™️ Cinnamon Roll Minis eight-count package, UPC code 3800023370 with a “Best If Used Before” date beginning with NOV15 10 EA.

Kellogg voluntarily ceased production at the plant, began an investigation to determine a possible cause of contamination and began a regimen of cleaning and sanitizing. Kellogg will execute its hygienic restoration plan under GDA before it resumes production at the plant.

Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially serious disease. The most common manifestation of listeriosis is meningitis, which has symptoms of high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections to infants, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems such as persons with chronic diseases or taking chemotherapy for cancer.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Eggo recall Empty Re: Eggo recall

Post by Deedee Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:49 am

i guess Lysteria is REALLY bad for pregnant mothers.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:54 am

It can also cause Meningitis.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:58 am

Yeah, i saw that. But when i was young and having babies I never heard of it. But when my daughter started having babies she wouldn't eat deli meat because it can carry Lysteria. Most people have a natural ability to fight it off....except the very young, the very old, and the pregnant. And when a pregnant woman gets it she miscarries.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:58 am

Okay, Question here. I bought this monday, 2 boxes of Eggos that haven't been opened yet! One of them is Nutri-Grain Blueberry and the other one is Nutri-Grain Whole Wheat.
the blueberry one upc code is 3800027310
the Nutri-Grain one Whole Wheat upc code is 3800040370
Just wondering if these are okay, if not I will take them back to Walmart I still got the receipt. confused
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Here's your info...

“Out of an abundance of caution, Kellogg’s is voluntarily recalling a limited number of the following products produced in the same facility,” the department said in a statement. The recalled products are Eggo Cinnamon Toast waffles sold in packages of 10 with the UPC code 3800040440 and labeled with “Best If Used Before” dates beginning with: NOV22 10 EA, NOV23 10 EA and NOV24 10 EA. Also being recalled are Eggo Toaster Swirlz Cinnamon Roll Minis sold in packages of eight, with the UPC code 3800023370 and “Best If Used Before” dates beginning with NOV15 10 EA.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:52 pm

My only concern is that it was found in the Buttermilk Eggos, yet those werent recalled. confused
Honestly, I would steer clear of all Eggos for now.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:52 pm

the article does say that no products were shipped - but you know how recalls go, today it is this product and tomorrow there are more. you can call walmart and ask them if you should return them. i have some regular plain eggo waffles in my freezer that i bought at sams club awhile back. i have eaten some of them and i seem to be okay so i wont bother returning and will probably eat the rest at some point.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeah, no kidding. Who knows if the caught it in time.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Patty432 wrote:My only concern is that it was found in the Buttermilk Eggos, yet those werent recalled. confused
Honestly, I would steer clear of all Eggos for now.
Well, I hear ya. I don't want to risk it at all. I'm taking it back. They can't say no. I have my receipt still.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down