Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Calif Fires

5 posters

Go down

Calif Fires Empty Calif Fires

Post by jersma Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 pm

I am asking for prayers that we get these fires out soon. We lost 2 firefighters on Sunday in a fire that is expected to be out of control for the next 2 weeks. There are 5 fires right now within 50 miles of me.
I live 20 miles southeast of one fire and about 30 miles west of another - the sky is brown and you can smell the smoke. add to that the humidity and heat and it is just plain nasty out here. Thanx!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Calif Fires Empty Re: Calif Fires

Post by hissprout Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Oh no. I hope things get better for you all real soon! You all will be in my prayers. That is so horrible. I keep reading about the fires online, and it's all over the news here (Michigan). Of course we don't get as much coverage as you do. But I keep updated on CNN and MSNBC. I cannot even imagine how scary that must be.

We are saying prayers for you and you are always in our thoughts!
hissprout
hissprout
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Hey jersma, how did the fires start anyhow? Was it because of the heat index over there or someone's carelessness?
What you all need right now is some major rain. To put the fire right out. It just started to rain where I'm at right now and I just thought of this rain benefiting you all instead. raining
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:22 pm

all of the fires we have had and still have are suspicious in nature. meaning some fool out there started it either intentionally or because they were stupid with a bbq, tossed cigarette or camp fire. we are in the 4th year of a drought. the fires in oak glen are in areas that havent burned in over 130 years so there is a lot of fuel to burn. i was out a 8am mowing my lawn this morning and by the time i finished i was drenched in sweat due to the humidity caused by the smoke clouds keeping the hot air low to the ground. some of the clouds caused by fires are really spectacular to see.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Geez that's horrible. I sure hope the people working at it can get a handle on it before it's too late.
Dang stupid people. No They should take extra precautions when they are out there camping or what ever it is they are doing.
Yeah, I remember going to Orlando one time with my family and we saw the smoke and stuff as we had to pass the highways ...it was awful we had to put all the window up on our car. Needless to say that year was the year Orlando had those forest fires awhile back. It was very hot that summer. The fire was caused by the heat in this case. My daughter was like 10 or 12?? Can't remember but it was a long time ago we were on our way to Disney World. And she's 17 now so it was awhile back.
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:16 pm

My Uncle is out there fighting, his good friend was one of the two that passed. My prayers are with them totally.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:24 am

flameworker, tell him i said thank you
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:39 am

I will. hug Those guys and gals bust their humps out there. :bow down down: Some of my family was evacuated at 4am think it was the night before last but they were able to go back home. Other family member live right across the street from one of the schools they are using for a shelter. They are covered in smoke but stilll safe.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:44 am

I had an apartment in La Cresenta and recently moved back up north to my home town. I'm so glad not to be there but worry for everyone lossing their homes.....and loved ones. One of the fire fighters that died just had a baby....it's horrible.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Just found these on Google, thought you might want to see......

Calif Fires 520x

Calif Fires Santa_barbarax-topper-medium
Calif Fires Firefighers+Hold+Mass+Wildfire+Training+Drill+hfZsS5O0EEhl

Calif Fires California_fires_01
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Deedee thats great! of course here all the tv stations are carrying the "BREAKING NEWS". I saw the Martin Mars seaplane fly over my house twice yesterday. it loads up on water at lake elsinore and then heads off to mt. wilson where all the tv & radio transmitting stuff is. there is also a very old observatory up there they are trying to save.
this morning everything outside was covered with a very fine layer of ash - must of had some winds last night to have it here. i cleaned my a/c filter this morning just in case.
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down