Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

great uses for rubber bands!

+2
Kathleen
bargain betty
6 posters

Go down

great uses for rubber bands! Empty great uses for rubber bands!

Post by bargain betty Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:35 am

i found these great ideaas on readers digest. i figure we all have tons of rubber bands from our freebie deliveries!!!

Stop sliding spoons

Plop! The spoon slipped into the mixing bowl again, and now you have to fish it out of the messy batter. This time, after you rinse off the spoon, wrap a rubber band around the top of the handle to catch the spoon and avoid the mess.

Secure your casserole lids

Don't spill it! That's what you say when you hand somebody your lovingly prepared casserole dish to carry in the car on the way to that potluck dinner. You won't have to worry if you secure the top to the base with a couple of wide rubber bands.

Anchor your cutting board

Do you find yourself chasing your cutting board around the counter when you're chopping up veggies? Give the board some traction by putting a rubber band around each end.

Get a grip on twist-off tops

Ouch! The tops on most beer bottles these days are supposed to be twist-off, but for some reason they still have those sharp little crimps from the bottle-opener days. And those little crimps can really dig into your hand. Wrap the top in a rubber band to save the pain. The same trick works great for smooth, tough-to-grip soda bottle tops too.

Get a grip on drinking glasses

Does arthritis make it tough for you to grasp a drinking glass securely, especially when it is wet with condensation? Wrap a couple of rubber bands around the glass to make it easier to grip. Works great for kids, too, whose small hands sometimes have a hard time holding a glass.

Reshape your broom

No need to toss out that broom because the bristles have become splayed with use. Wrap a rubber band around the broom a few inches from the bottom. Leave it for a day or so to get the bristles back in line.

Childproof kitchen and bath cabinets

The grandkids are coming! Time to get out the rubber bands and temporarily childproof the bathroom and kitchen cabinets you don't want them to get into. Just wrap the bands tightly around pairs of handles.

Keep thread from tangling

Tired of tangled thread in your sewing box? Just wrap a rubber band around the spools to keep the thread from unraveling.

Make a holder for your car visor

Snap a couple of rubber bands around the sun visors of your car. Now you have a handy spot to slip toll receipts, directions, maybe even your favorite CD.

Thumb through papers with ease

Stop licking your finger. Just wrap a rubber band around your index finger a few times the next time you need to shuffle papers. Not too tight, though! You don't want to cut off circulation to your fingertip.

Extend a button

Having trouble breathing? Maybe that top shirt button is a tad too tight. Stick a small rubber band through the buttonhole, then loop the ends over the button. Put on your tie and breathe easy.

Use as a bookmark

Paper bookmarks work fine, until they slip out of the book. Instead, wrap a rubber band from top to bottom around the part of the book you've already read. You won't lose your place, even if you drop the book.

Cushion your remote control

To protect your fine furniture from scratches and nicks, wrap a wide rubber band around both ends of the television remote control. You'll be protecting the remote too -- it will be less likely to slide off a table and be damaged.

Secure bed slats

Do the slats under your mattress sometimes slip out? Wrap rubber bands around their ends to make them stay in place.

Tighten furniture casters

Furniture leg casters can become loose with wear. To tighten up a caster, wrap a rubber band around the stem and reinsert.

Gauge your liquids

Hm, just how much finish is left in that can up on the shelf anyway? Snap a band around the liquid containers in your workshop to indicate how much is left and you'll always know at a glance.

Wipe your paintbrush

Every time you dip your paintbrush, you wipe the excess against the side of the can. Before you know it, paint is dripping off the side of the can and the little groove around the rim is so full of paint that it splatters everywhere when you go to hammer the lid back on. Avoiding all this mess is easy. Just wrap a rubber band around the can from top to bottom, going across the middle of the can opening. Now, when you fill your brush, you can just tap it against the rubber band and the excess paint will fall back into the can.
bargain betty
bargain betty
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

great uses for rubber bands! Empty Re: great uses for rubber bands!

Post by Kathleen Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 am

Wow...some great ideas..Thanks for this post.
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by whatzwild7 Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:12 am

Why didn't shooting em at ppl make the list?
whatzwild7
whatzwild7
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am

I use them to keep playing cards together. After awhile, those boxes rip.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 am

whatzwild7 wrote:Why didn't shooting em at ppl make the list?
You beat me to it, I was going to say something like that!!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:20 pm

WoW!! Some of those I knew, and thought I was so smart by knowing them...but that is quite the list, some really really good ideas on there. Makes me want to head to the dollar store to get a gaggle of rubber bands so I can try some of them out.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down