Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Uses For Those Plastic Ice Cube Trays!

+5
flameworker
Patty432
Deedee
Laura
lsmile4freebies
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Uses For Those Plastic Ice Cube Trays! Empty Uses For Those Plastic Ice Cube Trays!

Post by lsmile4freebies Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:32 pm

:D Well, if you got the kind of refrigerator that makes ice and dispenses ice and you don't know what to do with those plastic ice cube trays or you have some extra ones....here are some good ideas to put them to good use.

1. You can use them to put paint in for the kids to use for finger painting or painting with brushes. Use a different color for each cube hole.

2. Have a beading project and need to sort those beads out so you can see them better?? Well, you can use them to put your beads in.

3. You can use the ice cube tray in an office desk to organize paper clips , stamps, rubber bands, or push tacks etc.

4. You can use one or two of these ice cube trays to put rings or jewerly in an drawer that needs to be organized with all your jewerly.

5. The bathroom drawer, to put bobby pins, hair ties, little items..etc. use your imagination.

6. Or your junk mail drawer, to put all kinds of odds and ends.

7. And of course in the tool shed for your man to put and organize his nails, each cube hole according to what type of nails , screws, nuts and bolts.

8. Or make good ol' popsicles out of the juices you have at home...like apple juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, fill each tray with juice and cover with a plastic wrap and then stick a toothpick in each and put in the freezer. The kids will now have something cool and refreshing to eat this summer.
:D Some people don't want for there limes or lemons to go to waste by not using them in time so they squeeze the juice out and pour in the ice cube trays and when they need some lime or lemon juice ....wala....you can drop them in soup, or make lemonade just like that.
Some people store bits of basil, peppermint leaves and fill the tray with water and those herbs won't go bad and will be frozen until you need them to cook.
Hope these tips, helped you out. And if you don't have any ice cube trays they are always easy to get at The Dollar Tree or Dollar stores. Or at thrift shops and yard sales. 👽

Last edited by lsmile4freebies on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Uses For Those Plastic Ice Cube Trays! Empty Re: Uses For Those Plastic Ice Cube Trays!

Post by Laura Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 pm

these are great ideas! thanks ismile
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Uses For Those Plastic Ice Cube Trays! Empty Re: Uses For Those Plastic Ice Cube Trays!

Post by Deedee Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Hey, these are some excellent ideas. I make jewelry with beads and the bead idea is great because they also stack on top of each other fairly easily without fear of spilling.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Thanks, I never thought of using ice cube trays for anything other than ice cubes.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:03 am

Cats, pour juice from tuna into trays and freeze, you can give your cat 2 per day. He/she will love you drool purrrr.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 am

Tomato paste. You know how annoying it is, it comes in a whole can and most recipes only all for a tablespoon or two. So, freeze a tablespoon worth in each little ice cube slot, and wrap in plastic wrap to keep out freezer burn. Then, you can just pop em out when you need em. Smile

Last edited by la.vie.boheme on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:31 am

THOSE ARE GREAT IDEAS!!!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:20 am

la.vie.boheme wrote:Tomato paste. You know how annoying it is, it comes in a whole can and most recipes only all for a tablespoon or two. So, freeze a tablespoon worth in each little ice cube slot, and wrap in plastic wrap to keep out freezer burn. Then, you can just pop em out when you need em. Smile
Thats a really great idea!!! I'm always standing there in my kitchen wondering what to do with the rest before it goes bad. So thanks for the tip!!
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:42 am

Patty432 wrote:
la.vie.boheme wrote:Tomato paste. You know how annoying it is, it comes in a whole can and most recipes only all for a tablespoon or two. So, freeze a tablespoon worth in each little ice cube slot, and wrap in plastic wrap to keep out freezer burn. Then, you can just pop em out when you need em. Smile
Thats a really great idea!!! I'm always standing there in my kitchen wondering what to do with the rest before it goes bad. So thanks for the tip!!
No problemo, you are very welcome!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by grumps1 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:52 pm

i dont know if this one was posted but... you can also put some soil and seeds in there and watch them grow, then transplant
grumps1
grumps1
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:17 am

grumps1 wrote:i dont know if this one was posted but... you can also put some soil and seeds in there and watch them grow, then transplant

Awesome idea Grumps, I never would have thought of that and it seems so obvious.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:14 am

I also know someone who sorts his fishing flies in them.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:17 am

These are a bunch of great ideas. I'm lovin it. You could probably make Jell-o shots in one too! drunk hehehe
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks....I am going to Dollar General to pick up a few trays......great ideas thumbs up
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by grumps1 Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 am

ooooooooooooooo jello shot! why didnt i think of that??? kathleen you better pick up a few more. lol
grumps1
grumps1
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 am

We always used them for ghetto pops. (Kool aid popsycles)
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by la.vie.boheme Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:52 am

You can also may a lime juice or lemon juice and water mixture and freeze them, then put into your glass of water to have lemon or lime ice water. Yum!
la.vie.boheme
la.vie.boheme
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:13 am

la.vie.boheme wrote:You can also may a lime juice or lemon juice and water mixture and freeze them, then put into your glass of water to have lemon or lime ice water. Yum!
Thats a great idea, I bet it would be good in iced tea.
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 am

that is a genius idea too!!! genius i tell you Twisted Evil
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 am

or mixed drinks?
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty432 Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:19 am

Deedee wrote:or mixed drinks?
Isnt it a little early to be thinking about those? drunk lol
Patty432
Patty432

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:49 am

wha? One man's early is another man's late...just ask Laura!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:08 pm

la.vie.boheme wrote:You can also may a lime juice or lemon juice and water mixture and freeze them, then put into your glass of water to have lemon or lime ice water. Yum!

That is a ver good idea!! Thank la.vie.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Deedee wrote:wha? One man's early is another man's late...just ask Laura!
oh great make me sound like a boozer......!!! lol since i work graves i got to bed usually when deedee and others are waking for the day. NOOOO i don't pound back the liquor as if it was water. lol i actually dont really drink at all.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:47 pm

Sorry, I guess that did sound like you started early, NO, I meant OUR DAY is HER NIGHT!
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next