Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Little known uses for Alka Seltzer

2 posters

Go down

Little known uses for Alka Seltzer Empty Little known uses for Alka Seltzer

Post by Deedee Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:13 am

***Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush, and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china.

***Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.

***Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.

***Clean a Thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).

***Remove burned-on grease from a pot or pan. Fill the pot or pan with water, drop in six Alka-Seltzer tablets, let soak for one hour, then scrub as usual.

***Unclog a drain. Clear the sink drain by dropping three Alka-Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar. Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water.

***Get short-term relief from nicotine withdrawl symptoms. As long as you're not on a low-sodium diet or have peptic ulcers, drink two Alka-Seltzer tablets dissolved in a glass of water at every meal.

***Soothe insect bites. Dissolve two Alka-Seltzer tablets in a glass of water, dip a cloth into the solution, and place the cloth on the bite for twenty minutes.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Little known uses for Alka Seltzer Empty Re: Little known uses for Alka Seltzer

Post by Laura Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:22 am

***Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.

I WONDER IF THIS REALLY WORKS AND IF FOR ALL JEWELRY??? MY ENGAGEMENT RING IS WHITE GOLD AND NEEDS CLEANING BUT I DONT WANT TO RUIN IT.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:28 am

I don't think that anything in Alka seltzer is going to hurt your gold. Gold is a really resilient metal, that is why it is so precious. I mean, some of the tombs in Egypt contain beautiful gold artifacts that have not shown any sign of aging or tarnish because gold doesn't discolor even years and years away.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Search