Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

ACNielson

+6
K_to_the_L
whatzwild7
Wyld Bill
Deedee
Laura
ldl511
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ACNielson Empty ACNielson

Post by ldl511 Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:53 pm

www.homescan.com

When you sign up for this you will be put on a waiting list to receive a home scanner. You will receive points for surveys and scanning your groceries.

ACNielson 1200841229-00405_full
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

ACNielson Empty Re: ACNielson

Post by Laura Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:58 pm

i almost did this BUT decided not to after reading the reviews from people on yahoo answers and other sites. this company has sued people who had the scanner who stopped doing the scan and no longer wanted the scanner. it is a lot of work to scan and you get minascual(?) prizes.
have you tried this out?
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by ldl511 Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:31 pm

i am currently a scanner. They will go after their equipment if you do not scan for more than 3 months. When you get the equipment you have to sign a form and send it back. They also give you plenty of notice before they terminate you. The longer you are with them the higher the credit of points you get also.
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:30 am

I did it for awhile. It is work, yes, but the longer you are with them the better the incentives get. They pay shipping both ways, it comes with a prepaid shipping box to send it back. The thing to remember is to scan no matter what. You have to send in your scan reports every week. And even if you don't buy anything that week they still want to have your scan report. This isn't something where you get more points for the more you buy. They just want to know what an American family of how ever many you have in your family is buying. It is run by the same people who do the TV ratings. This is a legitimate company. The equipment they send out is not cheap, it is regular price scanners....so of course they are going to sue anyone who doesn't return it. What would make anyone think they could keep the stuff??

oh yeah, another thing i forgot was that once a month they send you a silly little gift, just for being a part of their family. One month I got a clip on book light. I got a jar opener. I got a pedometer. Little stuff like that. AND - they also send you surveys they want you to complete in the mail and along with those surveys they will include 1, 2, or even 3 - $1.00 bills. This is above and beyond their normal survey stuff.

Hey, I think I just talked myself into signing up with them again!!! ☀
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:39 am

NO I MEANT PEOPLE HAVE SAID THEY NO LONGER WANT THE SCANNER AND TRY AND GIVE IT BACK AND THE COMPANY DIDNT RESPOND, INSTEAD SUED. IT WAS A TON OF PEOPLE SAY ING THAT.

I KNOW NEILSON IS A GREAT CO, THATS WHY IT SURPRISED ME. I LOVE THE TV RATING ONE, IN FACT I JUST FINISHED IT ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO.

IM NOT SAYING ANYONE SHOULDNT SIGN UP FOR THIS BUT BE WARE, BECAUSE SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE HAD BAD EXPERIENCES TOO.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:46 am

Huh, that's really odd. I had no problems. Well, relatively speaking. I was homeless for about 4 months and was unable to transmit my scans. When I finally got into my apartment I opted to mail it back to them. They had asked me repeatedly to send in my transmission. I had tried to explain the situation, but it wasn't registering to them that I was unable to transmit. And by month three I was being asked to return it....so I did. I figured once I got settled I would reapply...which I just might do.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

ACNielson Empty Nielsen Homescan program

Post by Wyld Bill Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Scanner

You’ll earn gift points that are redeemable for name-brand merchandise,
including electronics equipment, jewelry, household items, toys, and
much more!

You’ll also earn entries into our many exciting sweepstakes. But, above all, you’ll be making your opinions count!
Wyld Bill
Wyld Bill
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:31 pm

i wonder if anyone on here has tried this??? wyld bill have you? i was going to sign up for it months ago until i looked at some reviews from people on yahoo answers... and they werent happy with it and even said it was a nightmare.
a few said they liked it but it was a lot of work.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by whatzwild7 Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I just asked him why he posted that myself, lol he claims he was on a posting frenzy, so I got out of his way. I signed up for it but they don't have enough scanners or something. I was kinda relieved because I really didn't wanna play. But I am still considered on the scanner list,scanner waiting list or something and they send me suveys sometimes where they want me to put in a special 9 digit code as my ID number. They did send me an e-mail with the 9 digit special code but oops I trashed it. But it's okay they say I can locate the special code on the handle of the scanner that I never recieved. ahh sweet
whatzwild7
whatzwild7
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:46 pm

watch out because on the reviews through yahoo they said that nielsen came after them and sued them for not returning it but they never got it. i junked the emails and said take me off the list!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyld Bill Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:44 pm

If that is the case with this place, going after people for something they never sent to them in the first place. Then I suggest someone with the power to delete then please do so and show your POWER{said in a deep ominous voice}....

Twisted Evil :rip: Don't want anyone getting static from someplace that isn't worth it.
Wyld Bill
Wyld Bill
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:25 pm

But in my personal opinion, this place IS worth it. I never had any problems with them at all, and my aunt does them, and so does Ldl511. So I will take first hand accounts over people I don't even know on the Internet.

Lord knows, you can find dirt on just about anything and anyone on the Internet.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ldl511 Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:31 pm

I had to wait for the equipment for like 5 years and yes it is worth it. For me to remember to transmit my info I transmit everyday. You don't even need to buy anything that day. I go shopping 2-3 times a month and still scan and transmit.
ldl511
ldl511
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:48 pm

wow 5 years!!!! ok maybe i had preconcieved notions BUT im not waiting 5 years! lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by K_to_the_L Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm

We're sorry but the Nielsen Homescan Panel is not recruiting new households in your area at this time. Please take a look at these offers/savings that you might be interested in.

figures ..

K_to_the_L
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:12 pm

lol they are always recruiting (except now) sooooo ck back in a few
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda_seitz Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 am

I am with this. I think I signed up in April some time and I got the equpment I think in June and it's pretty cool. I have a litle over 10,000 points, They have some stuff you can get with that amount. But I am tryng to save my points to get something better. I would give this site 8/10. One of my favorites.
amanda_seitz
amanda_seitz
Penny Pincher

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:51 pm

they have really nice prizes to redeem. Like dvd players and such. I was with them for awhile, but it is a lot of work. I ended up sending back their equipment when I moved to my new place.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

ACNielson Empty ACNielsen's Homescan Consumer Panel Question...Do you do this??

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:59 pm

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE DOES THIS ALREADY?? ACNielson 213660 i WAS SORT OF INTERESTED IN DOING THIS. BUT WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT, AND IF YOU ARE DOING IT, HOW DO YOU SEND THE UPC BARCODES TO THESE PEOPLE EVERY WEEK. THANKS. ACNielson 191807

**ACNielsen's Homescan Consumer Panel**
Earn Valuable Gift Points For Scanning
And Transmitting UPC Barcodes For Everyday Purchases.
Free Hand-held Scanner IS Included !
Only Certain Zip Codes Will Be Accepted->
See If You Qualify!
http://click.email-publisher.com/maanGUBabVoKZaD1ydJbaeQxXI/
http://click.email-publisher.com/maanGUBabVoKZaD1ydJbaeQxXI/">Get
This
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:06 pm

i heard of nightmares!! BUT i think it was ldl said it was good. go look in the survey section and there are comments over there.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:48 pm

I am part of a similar group - Shoppers Hotline - they send you a device that you use to scan all your purchases. There are also surveys. You get points and can turn those points into cash via a debit card. I have been with them for 20 years!
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks guys.Smile
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 pm

i am moving this to product testers and survey panels section.....
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by lsmile4freebies Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:02 pm

THanks Dee. I was lost in seeing where this thread was in the site as far as the testing stuff until I saw it up above as the first one. So it helps when you do this. Smile

How do you transmist all the stuff you scan to the company every week?? By computer or phone or what??
lsmile4freebies
lsmile4freebies
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Deedee Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:07 am

you scan it ON to a scanning device, then once a week you call the number they give you and your phone picks up the signal that has been transmitted to your scanning device.

When I did it, I had one type of scanning device, but Ldl511 had an entirely different kind. So hers she can actually scan over the computer. Mine I had to scan over the phone. So it just depends on what type of scanner you get. And I think the type of scanner you get depends on what becomes available at the time. You get whichever scanner is the next one that comes open, when people quit the panel.
Deedee
Deedee
Freebie Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Search