Re: Test

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Aww sad dont turn into a blog like everyone else :'(
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 pm

I was thinking the same thing as TwistidYoshi... I am not a fan of rafflecopter i like how we do reviews and think we should stick to it...
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:49 pm

hmmmm I like using rafflecopter I think it makes it easy to enter
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm

I think its more personal the way we do it and should stick to the way we are so we are different from all the other sites out there... I know from doing lots of reviews allot of the companies say the like the way we have our site set up and how easy it is to enter and use reviews.
I think we should stick to what makes us look better and different from all the other sites out there... why do what they do? let us be different and BETTER !
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm

I see what you're saying about the way we do it being more personal. Do you think that new people will enter without rafflecopter? It would be great to see more members enter
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:07 pm

I think people will enter with or without. I don't think adding something new to be like everyone else will get us more members. I have a few ideas on getting new members i will pm you about them...
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:09 pm

we need ideas
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:12 pm

PM'd You
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatter_Brain on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 pm

I was just trying to figure out an easier way to post the giveaways, but Rafflecopter won't work. It's just a lot of work posting the giveaways the way we do it, and I thought something like Rafflecopter that makes it super easy to post the giveaway and also super easy to enter would be better. And, I have been told more than once that our giveaways are too hard and time consuming to enter and that's very likely the reason new comers to Sampletrain don't enter our giveaways....so I thought I'd try to figure something else out. Apparently though, forum software protects itself by not allowing folks to post javascript and HTML into the forum, so we won't be able to get the widget to load here. And, from the input you ladies have added, it doesn't look like the majority of ya'll would like something different anyway. Sooo, I guess I won't worry about trying anything else.

It would be great to get some more ideas on ways to bring new members to this site as Litlbel mentioned in an earlier post. Anyone else have any suggestions? We have actually gained 95 new members in the last 3 1/2 months, but not many new members are entering the giveaways so I'm not sure what to do to get them to take the next step and enter...? crying
Scatter_Brain
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm trying to get people to enter here as well. Got one that I know of Honiiberry Smile Friend off facebook. But I dont know who else. But I always post the giveaways and when I win so people know its legit.

I like the way you do the giveaways now, like Litlbel said, its a lot more personal, you get to see who is entering, making sure no one cheats. I tried the rafflecopter thing and to me, I dont like it at all. Random.org what yall use is good. All you have to do it put in the number 0-X and it comes up. You dont have to enter names individually and make sure people are doing what they are suppose to do. Like on the rafflecopter you can put that you did tweet (even if you didnt), and then whoever is holding it will have to make sure you posted it. Here all you have to do is click the link Smile...

The only idea I can think of to make the giveaways "better" is for Sampletrain to post more on Facebook... Maybe hold a Facebook giveaway, then yall can tell them that there are always giveaways on here too.

It doesnt take long to do the giveaway here at all. I actually love doing it this way. So much better and so different from everyone else
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:56 pm

I agree with some things ScatterBrain says and some that TwistedYoshi says.. I do think we should leave it how it is. More personal like i say... I have not heard of anyone saying its to hard to enter the way we have it or that they don't like it. I think people just think its time consuming.
I do think if you all posted our giveaways on our own personal facebooks that may help some. Maybe we can make that an entry on all giveaways. That way people out there see it more then just on Sampletrain FB...

I try and post every review and review with a giveaway on FB from the start to the end of the review. I talked to Flame about hosting a giveaway for recruiting new members. I guess its been done in the past and didn't work well. I think we all just need to keep trying and sooner or later we will get more people on board.

Maybe i can do a review for new members only and see if that helps I have a few things laying around that i got from reviews that i never used. Does anyone think that might work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated from EVERYONE on the site, new members, on-going members ANYONE...
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 pm

I will do something that might help.... I will write up a little something saying welcome and so on to all the people that have become new members recently and send it to them in a PM an see if they respond to see if they have questions, comments or concerns... I will then let you all know what i come up with... leaf
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Vapor on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm

Aw...I thought this was a test from Emergency Broadcasting System. Since you can't post it here, you can always embed Rafflecopter on Sample Train's Facebook page. I love Rafflecopter. It's how I do my giveaways, and it makes entering easy.
Darth Vapor
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:42 am

I know the giveaway didnt work well in the past for new members, but maybe it can be tried again?

I know there was the one with us referring people to the site for a giftcard, I think thats what it was, not sure.... Maybe you can do it on the Facebook page that when you reach 5k fans that something will be given away to a random person? I dunno. I can always "spam" other sites telling them to come to this page LOL
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 am

Oh yeah. Plus I think because yall are going and talking to the companies and trying to get "Sampletrain" out and getting reviews from them. Using your own time to do it, it doesnt hurt us using 10 mins of our time a day to fill out the giveaway... Doesnt take long to do it, just open everything in a different tab (like, follow, tweet, close it) and you get it done in seconds Wink
Then it only takes like 5 mins to re-tweet everything. Just depends on how many giveaway are going on Smile
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:08 am

I love the way Sampletrain is currently doing their giveaways. It feels more personal to me. I don't think it is hard to do at all. I feel as though I actually entered a giveaway. Also, I feel a connection to others who entered......and enjoy seeing the winners and congratulating them. To me, it is fun!!!
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Also, one more thing.....I think you ladies do a fabulous job with these reviews. I know it is a lot of hard work and we appreciate it!
cupcake awesome! cupcake
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 pm

I agree with everything Kathleen says!! I really like the personal feel of this website and happy just the way it is. You are appreciated!
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by honiiberrii on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 am

Hiii! Yes, sorry just seeing this! I am a refferal from Twiz (thanks girl!) and love it here. I had a friend like your FB page today after I posted a picture of my Compendium set (which is adorable, thank you). I'm not sure if she created an account but we are trying to spread the word!!

Thanks for all you guys do!

honiiberrii
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 am

It's to have you here as a new active member honiiberrii and thank you so much for spreading the word
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Search