Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Roman Meal Bread & Cereal Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roman Meal Bread & Cereal Review

Post by sunrae on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:24 am

The Company
Bread was the Matthaei family's calling when they opened a bakery in Marburg, Germany, in 1686. In 1872, master baker Henry Matthaei moved to Kansas City where he opened a bakery. And, following family tradition, his son, William, also became a master baker. When the Kansas City bakery merged with others, William struck out on his own—moving to Tacoma, Washington. There he built a bakery that eventually became the most dominant in Southwest Washington.

Today, the Roman Meal Company is still owned and run by our family. We are actively involved in ensuring that our products maintain the highest standards of quality and nutrition. The appreciation from customers of our strong commitment to family health and well-being has allowed us to retain our business and tradition of quality for almost 100 years. Roman Meal has grown to partner with more than 90 bakeries in the United States and internationally. These partners bake and distribute quality Roman Meal breads locally, assuring you that the product you're purchasing is the freshest possible.

The Review

I received one loaf of Roman Meal Original bread, Roman Meal Hot Cereal & Baking Mix and 4 boxes of Roman Meal Healthy Elements hot cereal (Apple, Raisin, Honey and Maple) to review.

Roman Meal Original bread:

• Roman Meal Original is a sweet and soft blend of wheat flour, whole rye, ground flax seed, and added wheat germ and bran. Most varieties have at least 24 grams of whole grains per serving, half the recommended daily value.
  • All Roman Meal breads contain whole grains. They also have a natural balance of good fats (mono- and poly-unsaturated) and good (complex) carbohydrates.
  • Roman Meal bread recipes - tasty and nutritious
  • Healthy lifestyle videos
Complex carbohydrates are a good weight management tool because they take longer to digest, so you feel full for a longer period of time. As one of the first companies to come out with a whole grain bread, Roman Meal is a brand that you can trust.

This bread had a good texture and a nice whole grain flavor that was not overpowering like some whole grain breads can be. It was soft not grainy at all. I like feeding my family a bread that I can feel good about and that tastes great too.

Original Hot Cereal Pouches

• A delicious mix of wheat, rye, oats, bran and flax, now available in a re-sealable pouch Makes baking with whole grains quick & easy
  • 30 grams of whole grains per serving
  • Available for purchase on www.RomanMeal.com only
  • Hot Cereal & Baking Mix recipe ideas (pancakes, granola, smoothies and more!)
I plan on making my own bread with these. I can’t wait to see how close I can get to the great texture and flavor of their bread.

Roman Meal Healthy Elements
Roman Meal healthy elements contain three types of whole grains: whole grain barley, whole grain rye & whole grain oats and has Whole Grain Content of 28g or more. Original: Helps Manage Hunger

• Maple: Maintain a Healthy Heart
  • Raisin: Naturally Supports Digestion
  • Apple: Supports Immunity
  • Honey: For Sustained Energy

These hot cereals have a great flavor, a nice texture and are very filling. The raisins were plentiful, the apples flavorful, the honey sweet and the maple tasty. I did not have to add any sugar as they had plenty of natural sweetness. This will help with my desire to decrease the amount of sugar in my diet.

You can buy Roman Meal products online or at a local store near you. Right now they have a $1.00 off coupon for you to print.

Follow Roman Meal on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for more information.
Disclosure
Product was provided for review, no monetary compensation was received. My product review is my honest opinion. Due to the new FTC rules, I was under no obligation to review any product if I so choose, Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the FREE product(s) received.
sunrae
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Search