Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

I would really like ALL members input please!

+6
Kathleen
i_love_the_ocean
cin_20
flameworker
KORFIZZLE
Laura
10 posters

Go down

I would really like ALL members input please! Empty I would really like ALL members input please!

Post by Laura Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:33 pm

It has been brought to my attention that the site is not as "professional" and as nicely designed as other sites. logo and colors is all that would change not the layout.
I do agree it could be better since i have designed everything and well im not a graphic designer! I would really like ALL members input please! 502925 plus if it is designed better, i think it might bring more members that won't think the site is I would really like ALL members input please! 439500.

Does anyone on here have input for design or ideas? Even a completely different look i am open to as well.

No hard feelings at all,so please feel free to leave comments of all kinds.

Last edited by Laura on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

I would really like ALL members input please! Empty Re: I would really like ALL members input please!

Post by KORFIZZLE Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I love this website just the way it is. It is very easy to navigate. I dont want anything to change.
KORFIZZLE
KORFIZZLE
Freebie Scavenger

Back to top Go down

I would really like ALL members input please! Empty Re: I would really like ALL members input please!

Post by Laura Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:41 pm

no, navigation would be the same but logo and colors is what i mean. glad you love it though because that is definately what i love to hear!
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:46 pm

hmm hmmm will put on thinking cap
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by cin_20 Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:27 am

You can't change the logo!! It fits the name so well! Maybe add the reviews and giveaways (some how) in the Hop on board for samples,etc. I also Love the site,it is a very great interactive site.
cin_20
cin_20
Freebie Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by i_love_the_ocean Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:42 am

ya know there are web designers out there that will do it for you for FREE in exchange for a review/promotion of their profession.

i will try to search on that tomorrow if you're interested.
i_love_the_ocean
i_love_the_ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by i_love_the_ocean Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:44 am

for now...OCEAN signing off...ttyl ladies!
i_love_the_ocean
i_love_the_ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00 am

omg ocean i would love that!!!

cin i completely agree!! It would definately on the same line as what we have since i love the idea and hop on board and caboose rider,etc... just a sharper design that looks more professional but still geared to a train with samples...unless someone can totally blow me out of the water with another great idea. lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 am

I am not creative at all. I love the name and logo and just love being a caboose rider choo choo
Kathleen
Kathleen
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jersma Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:08 pm

i for one think everything is fine. the other sites are very hard to navigate and look boring! this one is very colorful and unique! you dont want to be a cookie cutter site that slows down everyone computers with lots of graphics! just my 2 cents
jersma
jersma

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:07 pm

I feel the same as Jersma I have been on other sites like this and ya they are hard to navigate. I like the sampletrain the way it it, plus once you go around changing things all us will have a hard time finding things, or maybe im just saying i will lol but nah keep it the way it is. Its not boring. In fact i think its great
Litlbel
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Smile thx!

i wouldn't change navigation though, just logo and train navigation bar but still keep the theme the same....if that makes sense lol
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:27 pm

ya makes sense
your logo though is perfect its what it is "sample train"
why would you want to change it. Honest i think its perfect the way it is. Look around at other sites that offer freebies most just have a square logo with the name in it. I think yours if much more original once again my thought.
Litlbel
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:38 pm

ya i think they're pretty dumb too. the logo would be relatively the same (if i change it) to where the theme of it would still be a sample train...it only makes sense to keep it since it is how we got the idea for the name! Smile just maybe have it professionally done so it doesn't look all botched and low resolution.
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by flameworker Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:48 pm

It's to bad the people who comment about it looking unprofessional don't say what you can do to change it. I would really like ALL members input please! 213660 It would be nice to get suggestions from them too. I would really like ALL members input please! 191807 Why do they think that and what can we do to fix that......you know, from the mouths of the beholders.
flameworker
flameworker

Back to top Go down

Post by Litlbel Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:49 pm

only if its free lol otherwise leave it alone Smile you should post what i sent you with all the other sites so people can see sort of how sampletrain stands out compared to other sites when looking at the logo
Litlbel
Litlbel
Product Review Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by i_love_the_ocean Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Laura wrote:omg ocean i would love that!!!

i sent you a pm!
i_love_the_ocean
i_love_the_ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi, Laura...

I like this look, too. There are lots of blogs out there that have so much junk mail on the sidecars that it is hard to read through. I am going to send you a couple of names by PM that I have seen on other sites that don't charge much to do web designs if you are set on changing it & having a pro do it!

Kimberly
Kimberly
Kimberly
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimberly Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:40 pm

That should say sidebars...stupid auto-correct!
Kimberly
Kimberly
Sample Savvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:52 pm

thanks! I'm just looking around to see what they would charge to basically do what it is already but sharper and higher resolution and maybe offer some suggestions.

thank you Smile
Laura
Laura
OWNER

Back to top Go down

Post by TwiztidYoshi03 Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 pm

I love it the way it is. You shouldn't change it if some people think its a spam site, which is ridiculous. You are doing a great job on here and you did a great job on the logo. Smile
TwiztidYoshi03
TwiztidYoshi03
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down