Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Add to your site!
Review www.sampletrain.com on alexa.com

Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review

4 posters

Go down

Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review Empty Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review

Post by i_love_the_ocean Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:36 am

Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review UDrxSwq7Zd9rjz0olWbSk0kmtEsmD6T2kecHu9CxHk_1AzJWkf-DXBMEpfcdUZWrswHf4bCQ2XXr67EU5Zkn6_DdvbUn9fLWjq9V9FJjn2mZrbBZGlSCF3p5qBtwqLp8rASjCkKgGlluaTYMX8gxUyYwsGNL3bdGmux-wXA_OWeCoqm59blHF2gmAug-oS3y3QpzY7haPEUxAKkBsR8i0YnL

Product Description

Motorola TalkABout MC220R Two-Way RadioMotorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review Ir?t=wwwsampletrai-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B0036VNPZC allows families to maintain clear connections with the convenience and flexibility to fit every lifestyle with a range of up to16 miles(under optimum conditions).
This radio features 22 channels with 38 privacy codes that provides users with 836 combinations of communication channels to choose from. The radio offers dependable communication in areas not covered by cell phone towers or during emergencies when cell phone communication is overloaded. And communication is made even smoother with the exclusive QT (Quiet Talk) function, which eliminates interference from other radios and provides more clear channels. And with a sleek new design this radio is available in blue.

Features:

* Range up to 16 miles (under optimum conditions)
* 22 channels with up to 38 privacy codes
* LCD battery meter; Low battery alert (audible)
* Keypad lock; Keypad tones; QT
* Auto power off; Auto squelch
* Battery save; Power save
* Battery life 12 hours (Alkaline/NiMh)
* Recharge compatible
* Drop-in charging capable; Charging items included
* Time-out timer; Volume knob

Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review 41O8IAPipIL._AA300_

The Motorola TalkABout MC220R Two-Way RadioMotorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review Ir?t=wwwsampletrai-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B0036VNPZC is designed for great looks, as well as solid,functional, weather-resistant operations. The sleek rugged housing protects the radio whether it’s being used on the playground, in the neighborhood or at the mall.

The Motorola QT functionality allows the radios to be set so they can communicate with other compatible Motorola products, adding yet another level of distinction from the other manufacturers. This model features an accessory connector, permitting use of a headset for easy hands-free operation and are sold in pairs - just charge up the built-in NiMH power source or drop in three AA batteries and you’re ready to start talking. Hubby and I love this radios very easy to use, serves like an intercom around the house.

Disclosure
Motorola provided me a FREE set of the above item to facilitate this review. No monetary compensation was received. My product review is my honest opinion and is not reviewed or edited by Motorola.
Due to the new FTC rules, I was under no obligation to review any product if I so choose, Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review.

Last edited by i_love_the_ocean on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
i_love_the_ocean
i_love_the_ocean

Back to top Go down

Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review Empty Re: Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review

Post by Darth Vapor Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:08 pm

These sound pretty good. How is the range out of doors?

Also, with the privacy codes, does that mean that we can talk on them without anyone listening in? We put our last two-way radios aside because some creepy guy was listening in and was trying to talk to my kids.
Darth Vapor
Darth Vapor
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review Empty Re: Motorola Talkabout Two-way Radio MC220R Review

Post by i_love_the_ocean Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:54 pm

yep, they are pretty cool. about the range, it says up to 16 miles that is if you live in mountain ranges, high altitude areas and i have never had the chance to try that. but hubby brought it with him in Harris Teeter (which is about 2 blocks away) it worked perfectly fine, no interference whatsoever maybe because there's no tall building around us. it says on the package that if you live in the city with tall buildings range will be 1 to 2 miles.

about the privacy codes, When you use a "privacy code", your radio is actually attaching an inaudible tone to every transmission that you send. Incoming transmissions are filtered, and only those that have the right tone attached are allowed through.
The use of these codes doesn't give you any additional privacy, it simply screens out the chatter from others that might be using the same frequency as you. This could give you the perception that you are the only one using the frequency, but in reality, anyone around you could still hear you simply by setting their radio to not filter for a "privacy code". hope that helps.
i_love_the_ocean
i_love_the_ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked1 Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:34 pm

#1 Hey, Motorola TalkABout MC220R Two-Way Radio...
It's what everyone is talking about!!
wicked1
wicked1
Freebie Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wandadh Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:17 pm

These sound great, I wonder if they would work near the Army post?
wandadh
wandadh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down